Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-26-2012 , 16:10   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3201

Gonna have a debug version out some time next week to address reported issues. Stay tuned.
Old 10-27-2012 , 10:23   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3202

Thanks, it works creating dummy groups for the most part to fix the first issue, but a bit odd when it executes the wrong config for a group and loads incorrect game mode plugins
Still, great plugin. Thanks.
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-27-2012 , 14:51   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3203

It would be helpful to have a global option to specify the maximum number of maps in a non-tiered vote, regardless of what is specified in the umc_mapcycle.txt, especially when using built-in-votes.

I would like to setup several groups and have UMC choose a random maps from the valid groups (depending on exclusion, weighting, etc) up to the predetermined, global, limit.
Snack Patrol
Old 10-28-2012 , 12:15   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3204

First off, thanks for this awesome plug-in. Seriously, I plan on donating when I get enough spare cash (seriously), it's extremely thorough in that every situation/personal preference for how maps are voted for is accounted for. I can't thank you enough for your hard work.

Anyway, I had a slight issue. Before I go any further, it is best to keep in mind that I'm currently using an older version of the plugin so that may be the problem to begin with.

Here it is though: I am currently running a TF2 server with a configuration of UMC that is near-perfect. Up to now, I have figured everything out on my own by just looking through threads and playing around, except this one problem:

Recent maps are not excluded. I think it's supposed to say "Recently played" in the nomination menu or something? This doesn't happen, instead all maps are available for nominations.

I've fiddled with a bunch of cvars but still can't get it to work. Here are some current settings I have that might be important in figuring this out:

sm_umc_nominate_cyclefile "umc_mapcycle.txt"
sm_umc_nominate_groupexclude "0"
sm_umc_nominate_mapexclude "6"
sm_umc_postex_ignorenominations "0"
sm_umc_postex_ignoredisplay "0"
sm_umc_endvote_cyclefile "umc_mapcycle.txt"
sm_umc_rtv_cyclefile "umc_mapcycle.txt"
sm_umc_rtv_mapexclude "6"

I'm wondering if there was a bug at some point where this didn't work? If not is it something I'm doing wrong? Is there a cvar I'm missing, or have configured incorrectly?

Also, in addition to this question/problem, is there a way, with this plugin, to only have a map play x number of times every 24 hours? Or however many hours? I really want to limit maps to only once or twice per day if possible. If not that's cool too, I understand you probably get a billion requests for this plug-in a day. Thanks in advance for your reply.
SuperLOL
Old 11-01-2012 , 17:40   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3205

HI.
I'm new to this plugin and i have tew questions.

1. Can UMC set a random map if no map was voted at the End Of The Map Vote?
2. Can UMC change a map every X minutes if no one is playing on the server?

Last edited by SuperLOL; 11-01-2012 at 17:41.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-01-2012 , 17:51   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3206

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperLOL View Post
HI.
I'm new to this plugin and i have tew questions.

1. Can UMC set a random map if no map was voted at the End Of The Map Vote?
  1. Yes, if the Random Mapcycle module is enabled, then it will change the map in the event no map was voted for during the End of Map Vote.
  2. No, but there are other plugins for SourceMod that can do this.
Old 11-01-2012 , 20:22   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3207

In CSGO i see a problme if set "sm_umc_randcycle_start" to "0" it will not set a random map at the map start. And if i change it to "1" then it will this if no map is voted ->
Map Start -> Nextmap = [SM] Pending Vote
End Map Vote -> Nextmap = cs_italy
Map End -> Map Change to de_dust2

And to change a map every X minutes should this not do the trick?
umc_mapcycle.txt - > "default_min_players" "1"
umc-playercountmonitor.cfg - > sm_umc_playerlimit_delay "300.0"
umc-playercountmonitor.cfg -> sm_umc_playerlimit_minaction "1"
For some reasons it won't change the map.

Last edited by SuperLOL; 11-01-2012 at 21:22.
imCR7
Old 11-02-2012 , 06:38   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3208

I downloaded it and when i type !admin it shows up and everything but for some reason when i try to start a vote nothing pops up and also when i type Nominate it says "Cannot nominate until next map" and when i type RTV nothing happens. Help?
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-02-2012 , 09:37   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3209

Could you show me your umc_mapcycle.txt?
Old 11-02-2012 , 10:00   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3210

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperLOL View Post
OrangeBox games (HL2:DM, DoD:S, and TF2) got a new cvar last week to automatically cycle maps on an empty server after X seconds. Unfortunately, I don't remember which cvar it is.

Last edited by Powerlord; 11-02-2012 at 10:00.