Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

F.A.Q (Read this before posting any question)

Post New Thread Reply   

alongub
Veteran Member
Old 04-24-2013 , 17:08   F.A.Q (Read this before posting any question)
Reply With Quote #1

How do I install Store?

You should know that installing the Store plugin is much more complex than installing any other plugin. You might want to get someone who has experience with SourceMod and MySQL. There are plenty of users in this forum who can do it for free or for money.

Installing Store is not easy.

If you still want to do it alone, you need to install 2 things:
  • The store plugin
  • The store web panel
Start here: https://github.com/alongubkin/store/...stalling-Store

Can I PM you if I have a question?

I'm extremely sorry, and I understand this might harm your honor, but no. That's why we opened this forum. Once you ask me a question privately, someone who has the exact same question won't be able to see it.

What are the requirements for Store?
  • A working game server with SourceMod 1.5+
  • MySQL database - we use this to save your data. Usually, your GSP provides that. If not, you'll need to buy a hosting for that.
  • Web host with PHP 5.3+ for the Web Panel.
Can I use Store with multiple servers?

Yes.

When I'm trying to equip a hat, it says "You player model doesn't support equipment". What do I do?

There are 2 possibilities here:
  • The equipment module does not support your game. Make sure to read that thread again and see games are supported.
  • Your player model does not support equipment.
Since there isn't much to do about the first issue, lets discuss the second. Unfortunately, some player models don't support equipment.

When I say "they don't support equipment", I mean that they don't have the required attachment that is used by equipment. Attachments are hooks for the placement of sprites, weapon models, hats, or other in game entities on the model.

So the easiest solution is to install different player models. There are plenty in GameBanana and s-low.

If you're running CS:S and still want to use the default models, try this solution by eXemplar:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=210182

Another thing you could do would be to use a different attachment. The equipment module bundle comes with items that use the forward attachment. You can use a different attachment, but that means you need to change positioning of every equipment you've added using the editor. You can find the available attachments in the Model Viewer in Source SDK.

I get this error in the web panel: "The upload destination folder does not appear to be writable". What do I do?

Code:
chmod -R 777 uploads
I have received on of the following errors after adding/editing items:
  • [SMJSON] Error in line XX, col YY: end of file expected near '}'
  • [SM] Native "json_object_get" reported: Invalid <Object> handle 0 (error 4)
You have a incorrect json in your attrs field. Verify it with http://jsonlint.com/

I received one of the following errors after installing store:
  • PLUGIN STOPPED - Reason: reconnect counter reached max - PLUGIN STOPPED
  • Connection to SQL database has failed, Reason: ...
  • SQL Error on ...
  • Access denied for user ...
  • Unable to select the specified database: ...
  • Unable to connect to the database server: ...
A: You didn't configure your MySQL database properly. The plugin can't connect to your database or doesn't find any tables there.

Make sure you followed the necessary steps here:
https://github.com/alongubkin/store/...stalling-Store

I have a "database problem"
Make sure, that you have a database that can be accessed from the server where you install the store plugin and the server where you have installed the webpanel (this can be the same server, but it doesnt need to be)

If you have a database (and you have verified, that your connection details are entered correctly) check if external access is enabled to this db (if your gameserver and webserver is not on the same server)
You can check if you have enabled external access by trying to connect to your database with a deaktop application (such as heidi sql).
If you can connect with your desktop application to the external database (and the connection is not working on your web/-gameserver) make sure that the details entered in the config files are correct

Last edited by Arrow768; 08-23-2014 at 08:56.
Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2014 , 08:57   Re: F.A.Q (Read this before posting any question)
Reply With Quote #2

From the webpanel thread:

Common Errors:

Error on Line 346 in Loader.php
A Database Error Occurred
Known as: "Dont know your DB Settings"-Error
Caused by: A User who doesnt know his DB Settings or who is unable to set his db up
Solved by: Fixing the DB Settings

Also Known as: "My Server is called "[localhost]""-Error aka. "I want to add some [] to my db settings"-Error
Also Caused by: A user who doesnt want to remove the [ ] inside the " " in the application/config/database.php
Fixed by: Removing the [ ] inside the " " in the application/config/database.php

Also Known as: "My Webserver is like Chuck Norris, he can access the DB Server without being whitelisted"-Error
Also Caused by: A user who doesnt want to add his webserver to the whitelist of the dbserver
Fixed by: Adding the IP of the Webserver to the whitelist on the db server.

Error Number: 1054
Unknown column 'acquire_method / flags / aquire_method' in 'field list'
Known as: "I want to use a outdated database / store plugin"-Error
Also Known as: "Unable to update my stuff"-Error
Caused by: A User who is unable to update his database / store plugin or who is unable to download the correct version of the store plugin / database
Fixed by (acquire_method): Renaming the column aquire method to acquire method or by deleting the current db and downloading the most recent version of it
Fixed by (aquire_method): Using the current version of the store plugin (Anything after May 2013 is fine)
Fixed by (flags): Adding the flags column to the database

In order to use the Session class
you are required to set an encryption key in your config file.
Known as: "I am so pro, I dont need to read the install guide" -Error
Also Known as: "I am so pro, I dont need to read the error messages"-Error
Caused by: A User who doesnt want to read anything (including the install guide and the error messages)
Fixed by: Reading the installation guide (especially the part with the encryption key)

Table 'store.store_loadouts' doesn't exist
Known as: "My Database doesnt need the tables"-Error
Also Known as: "I am so pro, I dont need to read the install guide" -Error
Caused by: A User who doesnt want to read anything (including the install guide and the error messages)
Fixed by: Importing the database

Preventing the errors:
To prevent this errors, follow a few simple steps:
* Read the installation guide
* Read the error messages
* Update your stuff (webpanel, plugin AND database)
* Know your database settings
** If you have a dedicated server: You should know how to setup a db
** If you have a shared web hosting: Ask the support
* If you still have one of this errors: Post on the forum. Use the search function before posting !

Last edited by Arrow768; 11-26-2014 at 03:52. Reason: Fixed a typo
Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2014 , 09:00   Re: F.A.Q (Read this before posting any question)
Reply With Quote #3

From Chdata´s thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
I see a lot of stuff missing from that FAQ, and it's a real hassle to search through tons of threads, sometimes with vague answers.

If you have a question ask here.
I should have recorded all my problems as they happened but it's 2late now.

I will try to rerecord my issues by memory and what I did to fix them, but do please correct me if I get things wrong.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: I can't import .json files: Unknown column 'flags' in 'field list'
A: The store.sql file in the store 1.1-alpha zip on the main thread is outdated.

You can update it by importing 1.1.1-alpha to 1.2-beta.sql.

Incase you just want to start from scratch with a new database:
https://github.com/alongubkin/store/...ipts/store.sql
This is the updated store.sql

Warning: https://github.com/alongubkin/store/blob/master/configs/store/sql-init-scripts/store.sql is outdated and will give you the error below.

Q: I can't import .json files: Column 'flags' cannot be null
A: Fix your database's flags in phpmyadmin here:
Spoiler

Q: I can't buy items from the store: SQL Error on GiveItem: Unknown column 'acquire_method' in 'field list'
A: I had this error with the development branch of store 2.0 after updating to that version while I still had the outdated store 1.1-alpha store.sql installed.

I fixed it by completely deleting my store database (it wasn't live on my servers yet), and importing the most recent store.sql from the developer branch instead.

Note: I forget what the exact error looks like.

Q: Store 2.0 developer branch doesn't show category descriptions in Shop, Inventory, and Refund.
A: I had to rewrite part of the plugin for Shop and Inventory. But for Refund you just need to edit sourcemod/configs/store/refund.cfg

That's all for now... busy trying to fix problems with store.
Edit: Minute after saying that ^^ I fixed it.