Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

DM Team Balance

Post New Thread Reply   

DonKisgot
Old 03-20-2014 , 09:15   Re: DM Team Balance
Reply With Quote #11

Hi again ,

ı tested your plugin in my Capture the flag server after you made an update for amxmodx 1.8.2 , so here is the results.

1) Limiting teams seems good.
2) Switching teams are also good and balancing method is cool. But here is a bug that , After switching a player team , he can't get respawned by Capture The Flag Mode. So they need to reconnect to server.

Can you please fix this respawn issue ? or make a cvar for Gungame , CTF , mod users to be get respawned after switched ?

Otherwise plugin can be useable. Thnaks for your support.
Chill it BanG
Old 03-20-2014 , 09:57   Re: DM Team Balance
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonKisgot View Post
Hi again ,

ı tested your plugin in my Capture the flag server after you made an update for amxmodx 1.8.2 , so here is the results.

1) Limiting teams seems good.
2) Switching teams are also good and balancing method is cool. But here is a bug that , After switching a player team , he can't get respawned by Capture The Flag Mode. So they need to reconnect to server.

Can you please fix this respawn issue ? or make a cvar for Gungame , CTF , mod users to be get respawned after switched ?

Otherwise plugin can be useable. Thnaks for your support.
Hmm, interesting...
Ok, I will have a look, why CTF respawn doesn`t work.
Maybe, I will add cvar for respawning player when transfering. ;)
Old 03-21-2014 , 07:02   Re: DM Team Balance
Reply With Quote #13

Another update, pfuuu I think this is the last big update.
I hope next updates will be just for little bugfixes and for code optimisation

So, looked in ctf plugin, if I am right by setting "dmb_respawn" cvar to "1" should be enough to fix bug when respawn didn`t worked for CTF servers.

So, what else in new version?

v1.3 -
* Added dmb_respawn cvar, so players after transfer can be respawned to their new teams (could be useful in such mods as CTF and GG)
(hope this will fix bug in CTF, when players after transfer couldn`t respawn)
* Added dmb_printincons cvar, since code is getting bigger and it it quite difficult to see what is happening.
Mostly for debuging, this should be set to 0 ;)
* Added teeams checking if someone goes on spectator team.
* Fixed some little bugs, when sometimes balancer stopped on searching random player, but
remember, if your server is quite full it could take up to 10 secs to find player.
* Get rid of some useless variables.

Download at first page... https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=237118
Old 03-21-2014 , 08:15   Re: DM Team Balance
Reply With Quote #14

thank you for your effort & support. Gonna check it out and feedback
Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 03-21-2014 , 13:13   Re: DM Team Balance
Reply With Quote #15

What's the problem with this one?
Old 03-22-2014 , 04:26   Re: DM Team Balance
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
What's the problem with this one?
Answer from my first post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill it BanG View Post
Ok, at first, I know that there is plugin called "CSDM Team balance" or somthing like that.
It works by counting deaths. Frankly, I realised that it is not the best way to quickly balance teams, because of time that is needed to start balance.
In other words, it is not flexible by counting deaths/frags. For instance, there can be less than 5 (for example, when there is a crappy map or night/morning) players and more than 20 players... so it is not easy to configure those deaths / frags cvars, because, setting them to very low will be good for 5 players, but really annoying for 20 players and setting it higher will be better for 20 players but annoying for 5 players...

My plugin checks team balance only, when it is needed - when someone leaves or goes spectator, since these are only actions that can make disbalance in count of players Ou and teamlimit doesn`t let players to go to strongest team, so it cannot cause big difference in teams

Hope I answered your question

Last edited by Chill it BanG; 03-22-2014 at 04:30.
Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 03-22-2014 , 08:49   Re: DM Team Balance
Reply With Quote #17

In fact, i think the other is the best way.
You can change frags to 1 in the other plugin, so everytime someone dies, it does team transfer. In DM servers, people die fast.
In way you do, the player will be moved of team even alive? I didnt read the code, no time. But from what you say, or plugin kills someone and transfer him to another team, or will move player to another team while alive. And if it moves team while alive, it will be very confusing for the player transfered and for the others players.
Old 03-22-2014 , 10:09   Re: DM Team Balance
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
In fact, i think the other is the best way.
You can change frags to 1 in the other plugin, so everytime someone dies, it does team transfer. In DM servers, people die fast.
In way you do, the player will be moved of team even alive? I didnt read the code, no time. But from what you say, or plugin kills someone and transfer him to another team, or will move player to another team while alive. And if it moves team while alive, it will be very confusing for the player transfered and for the others players.
Well it depends from people opinions.
However, I know that I am trying to "invent bycecle again" so I believe there are many people that would like to use plugin that you mentioned rather than this one.
Why I added it? I just wanted to show that there is another way to do it, since there are two CSDM balancers AFAIK
#1 https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...06080?p=606080
#2 https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...293#post724293
Intereseting, that they are really similar, just one counts deaths other kills -.-

Some could like method used in your example, some could enjoy my method.
About switching team when dead/alive, well i don`t see big difference, since DM gameplay is really dynamical, even if players get transfered only when they are dead it would be still confusing.

But to make it less-confusing I have added option to print center messages and option to move player to his/her new spawn (without killing them, so it won`t decrase their score).

That is all I want to say about this!
Old 04-12-2014 , 04:25   Re: DM Team Balance
Reply With Quote #19

New version. Mainly bug fix
So, version 1.35
What is done in this version?

v1.35 -
* Made code easier to read (code was a bit messed up with "indenter")
* Fixed some bugs related to teamlimit
* Fixed runtime native error for "cs_get_user_team"
* Way of searching random player is now much faster!

Check the first page for download!
Old 04-12-2014 , 09:44   Re: DM Team Balance
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonKisgot View Post
Hi,

first of all thank you for releasing this plugin. Why I thanked? Because other team balance plugins that you mentioned now they are become "not supported" because of their owners left this forum. (PTB Team Balance for ex.)

So we need other team balancer plugin that can be supported. So first of all ı have CTF (Capture the flag) server , so in CTF there is "NO ROUND" , players respawned after death... So all of other plugins stop working after first round or just making balance once.

I'm gonna test it , and report you back my results.

Suggestions ;

will you please add teamlimit ?

if there is 15T and 14CT so make the player who joined the server forcing to team CT.

Also can you please make chat messages via cvar ? the last thing we CTF users need is more chat messeges.

Thanks.
In my opinionfirst of all try to use "mp_teambalance 1" If it wont work then try : -
1. Ptahhotep's Team Balancer 1.8b3 (Immunity & alive trans)
OR
2.Team Balancer 1.7b6 for CS 1.6 (Ptahhotep)
If it works please tell me..
If i am wrong PM Me
Send a message via Skype™ to vedant007