Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 09-03-2011 , 08:18   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.2 (Updated 8/11/2011)
Reply With Quote #1681

Maybe this was already said somewhere in the other 168 pages but is there also a option/module to see visually what map you can vote on?

I saw on a server a option for more information, and it showed like a motd splash pictures of the map so that you know what map it is.
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-03-2011 , 10:45   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.2 (Updated 8/11/2011)
Reply With Quote #1682

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielmyst777 View Post
Quick Question:
For the map-command.smx plug-in, if I have multiple commands I want to run for the map group/map, how would I go about putting it into the umc-mapcycle.txt?

I currently have it set to
"groupname"
{
"command" "sm_*some command*
"command" "sm_*some command*
}

Of course the maps would follow after that in the brackets but my question is, will these *two* command functions put into the mapcycle screw it up or should I use *one* command address in the umc-mapcycle and put a comma to append the other command like this:

"command" "sm_*some command*,sm_*some command*"

???
You use one command option and separate multiple commands with a semicolon, like this:

Code:
"command"  "sm_*some command*; sm_*some command*"
Old 09-03-2011 , 10:49   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.2 (Updated 8/11/2011)
Reply With Quote #1683

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
Maybe this was already said somewhere in the other 168 pages but is there also a option/module to see visually what map you can vote on?

I saw on a server a option for more information, and it showed like a motd splash pictures of the map so that you know what map it is.
That's a really cool idea. Unfortunately there is no way to add that option to the vote menu using SourceMod's voting API (when selected it will be counted as a vote). However, it may be possible using a chat command when the vote is running, so a user can type "!info <map|vote#>" and then that information will appear.
Old 09-03-2011 , 11:38   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.2 (Updated 8/11/2011)
Reply With Quote #1684

News about using builtin votes ?
Old 09-03-2011 , 13:14   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.2 (Updated 8/11/2011)
Reply With Quote #1685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbox View Post
News about using builtin votes ?
You can see the progress here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=162164
Old 09-04-2011 , 06:31   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.2 (Updated 8/11/2011)
Reply With Quote #1686

@steel: so howcome i saw this on a server running saxton hale? I assume that was sourcemod then. It looked pretty much the same mapvote almost.

The only thing you would have to do is send out a motd request + the map names of say 4 entry's and then a php which will do the rest. Maybe ash/psy know a way to handle this?
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-04-2011 , 09:56   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.2 (Updated 8/11/2011)
Reply With Quote #1687

Do you have any plans to update this? I would really love to see an option so the first vote option would be "No vote".

Seems not much progress on builtinvotes by powerlord
Old 09-04-2011 , 10:44   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.2 (Updated 8/11/2011)
Reply With Quote #1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwf View Post
UMC has grown quite a lot since last I checked!

I have a specific goal in mind, is this possible with UMC?

At map end the players will be presented with only 2 choices which are randomly selected (no nominations possible) from two lists. One contains the official maps and the other contains community maps. There should only be a chance (and only a chance) that community maps are included in the vote if there are +20 players on the server at the time.

In the meanwhile rtv must function as usual, with nominations, more than 2 choices and whatnot. It doesn't really matter if players can nominate community maps or not even when there are less than 20 players.

We are currently accomplishing something like this using bash scripts to modify the map cycle file while the server is running, which works but isn't ideal.

Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steell View Post
This is unfortunately not entirely possible; the only thing which UMC cannot ensure is that when there are more than 20 players, only 1 map will be a community map and the other will be an official map (there will always be a chance that the vote will contain two community maps if there are more than 20 players).
Great, that will have to do. However, now I've run into some problems. I'm using UMC for the end of map vote and want to use the stock sm plugins for nominate and rtv so that they are isolated from each other, meaning you can still rtv and you can still nominate maps to be included in the rtv as well as getting the full list as opposed to only 2 alternatives, but you cannot nominate maps for the end of map vote.

So I kept mapchooser, rockthevote and nominations however nominations does not load due due to the error "Unable to load plugin "nominations.smx": Native "GetExcludeMapList" was not found" and I'm also getting this error although I have not looked into what problems it could cause: "[umc-endvote.smx] Unable to create end of map vote time-trigger, trigger time already passed". Of course I also disabled the UMC modules responsible for rtv and nominations.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-04-2011 , 11:52   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.2 (Updated 8/11/2011)
Reply With Quote #1689

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_myll View Post
Do you have any plans to update this? I would really love to see an option so the first vote option would be "No vote".

Seems not much progress on builtinvotes by powerlord
For the time being I am mainly focused on bug fixes. Right now UMC is stable (until someone reports a new bug) so I have it on the back-burner as I settle in school.
Old 09-04-2011 , 11:54   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.2 (Updated 8/11/2011)
Reply With Quote #1690

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
@steel: so howcome i saw this on a server running saxton hale? I assume that was sourcemod then. It looked pretty much the same mapvote almost.

The only thing you would have to do is send out a motd request + the map names of say 4 entry's and then a php which will do the rest. Maybe ash/psy know a way to handle this?
If you could explain how exactly the user brings up the info for the map, I could perhaps gain some insight on how to implement this. If you could provide explicit detail as to how the menu looked, which buttons do what, etc. I could probably figure something out.