Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)

Post New Thread Reply   

pendrive148
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-21-2014 , 19:11   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #41

(sorry for my english)
we know the problem, and how to get the new ID, but it is not working on servers, something else to do? Or just wait an SourceMod update?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-21-2014 , 19:11   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #42

I fully expect the SourceMod devs to implement an interpreter for the admin files that converts the old format to the new one.

However, unless they call OnClientAuthorized with the new old ID, that's not going to help SourceBans.

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-21-2014 at 19:15.
Custo
Old 08-21-2014 , 19:12   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViRaGisTe View Post
something big coming in tf2, probably the "skill-ranking matchmaking system"
Oh god, I hope not.
ygor.almeida
Old 08-21-2014 , 19:12   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #44

WTF ... they just crashed everything ... i run 24 servers based on sourcemod plugins and sourcebans - i have over then 10k of bans and they just f***ed me !!!! crazy. i`m closing down my servers.
jpwanabe
Veteran Member
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendrive148 View Post
(sorry for my english)
we know the problem, and how to get the new ID, but it is not working on servers, something else to do? Or just wait an SourceMod update?
For now we wait.
Creampuffyness
Old 08-21-2014 , 19:13   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #46

ok guys i got it. I manually went into my SOurcebans database and entered my new ID which is [U:1:11551660]. I have admin again.

THe valvue was forced into my Sourcebans web page too

Last edited by Creampuffyness; 08-21-2014 at 19:14.
ygor.almeida
Old 08-21-2014 , 19:17   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuffyness View Post
ok guys i got it. I manually went into my SOurcebans database and entered my new ID which is [U:1:11551660]. I have admin again.

But it means all other access are working ? you cannot ban someone or block or anything else can you !?

Where did you changed it inside !?
WebNoob
Old 08-21-2014 , 19:18   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:

Think I'm going to wait to see what the Sourcmod/Sourcebans folks decide to do. I have several hundred people in our Sourcebans database, and manually converting them would be impossible.
nineteeneleven
Veteran Member
Old 08-21-2014 , 19:18   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygor.almeida View Post
WTF ... they just crashed everything ... i run 24 servers based on sourcemod plugins and sourcebans - i have over then 10k of bans and they just f***ed me !!!! crazy. i`m closing down my servers.
My reaction exactly, if there is no backwards compatibly implemented. im totally screwed. It just wont be worth it to continue running.

Quote:

did u enter it with or without the brackets?
Old 08-21-2014 , 19:19   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteeneleven View Post
My reaction exactly, if there is no backwards compatibly implemented. im totally screwed. It just wont be worth it to continue running.

did u enter it with or without the brackets?
With brackets.

I'm working on a converter now...