Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Replacing Holster and Deploy

Post New Thread Reply   

GuskiS
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2014 , 09:47   Re: Replacing Holster and Deploy
Reply With Quote #21

Ok, I added debugs. After doing that I noticed that it doesn't happen directly on map change, but when player joins after map change. After doing those debugs I noticed strange things:
1) When I disable deploy and enable holster server doesn't crash.
2) When I do opposite (disable holster and enable deploy) server crash when player joined after map change. I waited server to restart to give me debug.log:
PHP Code:
Program terminated with signal SIGSEGVSegmentation fault.
#0  0xf348d664 in CBasePlayerWeapon::Holster (this=0xaf1c468, skiplocal=1) at ../cstrike/dlls/weapons.cpp:1436
#0  0xf348d664 in CBasePlayerWeapon::Holster (this=0xaf1c468, skiplocal=1) at ../cstrike/dlls/weapons.cpp:1436
#1  0xf2d1297b in Hook_Void_Int(Hook*, void*, int) () from cstrike/addons/amxmodx/modules/hamsandwich_amxx_i386.so
#2  0x00000020 in ?? ()
#3  0x00000002 in ?? ()
#4  0x00000001 in ?? ()
#5  0x01000001 in ?? ()
#6  0x00000000 in ?? () 
which is weird cause I use only default plugins and my holster is disabled.
3) That is not all, when deploy is enabled, I did add log: log_amx("DEPLOY %d", ent); Which suprisingly logged me DEPLOY 1, which is player, but why in deploy event?

Now for your reply Arkshine. Can I see line 1436 in weapons.cpp or could you tell me what it is? Also, how can I do something with offsets when player just joins server? I would understand that during gameplay goes wrong, but after map change and first player join? :O
And I'm not expecting you to magically find the issue, but maybe, after you look at the code, you see something very wrong, OR, you can point me in away how I could trace and narrow down the cause, which you did just now, thanks for that Waiting for both of you replies.
The Hidden
Cowboys vs Indians
JailBreak Supreme
Survival Madness
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-11-2014 , 10:42   Re: Replacing Holster and Deploy
Reply With Quote #22

To narrow down, just disable any event/forward by default.
Start for example with Deploy. Put debug text everywhere, triple check what you're doing, then test. If no crash, enable little by little piece of code. Probably fucked up because some offsets (99% confident you do something you should not). It's boring, but you don't have really the choice. It doesn't seem to happen under windows.

By the way: You should a ZIP and attach your addons/ directory as it is, and telling the exact steps to reproduce issues.

Last edited by Arkshine; 10-11-2014 at 11:22.