Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Pinion Discussion Thread

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-21-2013 , 18:37   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel.PinionGG View Post

What date range are you running? Remember we've announced that up until very recently the completion tracking was not working, so if you're using a large sample it's going to be incorrectly showing low completion.

We won't be backfilling data. At the moment, and including Feb we're paying regardless of completion.
I was looking at month to date which as for not backfilling data that really isn't right. The advertisers that made the ads got their products viewed and got some brain washing as is the purpose for advertising yet the data doesn't add up to pay out properly. Without either backfilling the data lost or adding some sort of compensation for what we as server owners have provided on our end then you tell me...is that fair?

I had a ton of impressions for December due to the Xmas TF2 update as with any large TF2 updates that are processed the numbers go up - I just want to be compensated or have the numbers reflect what I provided to the advertising that the servers was showing.
moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2013 , 19:17   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel.PinionGG View Post
If you're not seeing an ad it means there is none available in your region at that time. Not seeing an ad does NOT effect your completion rate. If you're still seeing 80% it means your users that do get an ad are watching 80% of it.
I am in North Carolina and my servers are in NYC and LA. Everything is in the US. You are supposed to be serving the US. Its not consistently on or off, either. It's on for 6 hours then off for 12. I didn't realize showing the AD's within the US was optional.
moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2013 , 19:23   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
The ad that is played is based on the End User's location, not the Server's location
I guess we need to get a list of "regions" then since I thought the US was a region? Also my "region" has Ads for 8 hours then for 12 hours it doesn't?

So I am not getting paid for servers and players within the US but I am making sit for 25 seconds to stare at the POG screen?!?
nineteeneleven
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2013 , 19:55   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Moxie2020 I am also in NC and all I see is the POG. Do you actually see ads?
Old 01-21-2013 , 20:02   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie2020 View Post
I guess we need to get a list of "regions" then since I thought the US was a region? Also my "region" has Ads for 8 hours then for 12 hours it doesn't?

So I am not getting paid for servers and players within the US but I am making sit for 25 seconds to stare at the POG screen?!?
Daniel said that we get payed for all sell-able impressions, including those that have the pinion pot of gold ads. So it doesn't matter whether you see ads for 1 hour or 24.
moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2013 , 21:35   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteeneleven View Post
Moxie2020 I am also in NC and all I see is the POG. Do you actually see ads?
I do sometimes but not all the time. The ads are off more than they are on.
moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2013 , 21:37   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nsane View Post
Daniel said that we get payed for all sell-able impressions, including those that have the pinion pot of gold ads. So it doesn't matter whether you see ads for 1 hour or 24.
How are we supposed to know whether that is true? He could say that and I have no way to know whether or not I should of received an additional 20K views.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 01-21-2013 , 23:09   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie2020 View Post
How are we supposed to know whether that is true? He could say that and I have no way to know whether or not I should of received an additional 20K views.
If you don't trust the company, you should not be doing business with it.
Old 01-21-2013 , 23:32   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
The pinnacle of a bad relationship

Quote:
I HATE HIM! But I can't leave him!
moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2013 , 23:53   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
I will the second there is an alternative but it sounds like you are suggesting I should trust them?

None of us who complied with the new settings are going to be getting paid the 2 dollars we earned per 1000 views this month. I do tend to get irritated when I get paid 25 percent less than I should. I complied with their new policy and my community has suffered for it and so has everyone's. It also took over 4 weeks before pinion ever admitted the completion rates were incorrect so it is not like there was an effort to address our concerns.

It is like going to burger king ordering a Whopper then getting a piece of meat and no bun then being told I should be happy because at least I got the meat. The difference being there are hundreds of burger joints but only one pinion, so far.
Closed Thread