Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SourcePets v1.185 (Updated: 2015-03-15)

Post New Thread Reply   

ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 03-18-2015 , 13:27   Re: SourcePets v1.185 (Updated: 2015-03-15)
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigara View Post
This breaks when on my ClassicGuzzi version deathrun server for some reason.
I use this with my deathrun plugin and it works perfectly.

I also use this with my dodgeball, ff2 and prophunt, and it doesn't give me any problems, maybe it's another plugin that it's causing problems?

Edit: Sorry it's not working now, I t used to work on a earlier version, I'll look into the code and see if I find why.

Last edited by ClassicGuzzi; 03-18-2015 at 20:59.
lionheart1066
Old 03-20-2015 , 12:12   Re: SourcePets v1.185 (Updated: 2015-03-15)
Reply With Quote #32

Yeah I hope eventually it gets mysql support and options to disable for specific teams and ghost mode in Slender Fortress, been patiently waiting for it.
Nanochip
Old 03-21-2015 , 02:03   Re: SourcePets v1.185 (Updated: 2015-03-15)
Reply With Quote #33

This is literally why I check the "New Plugins" section every day. New plugins like these are always what I look for. Seriously great work, thanks for making this a public plugin!

Edit: I see on your To-Do list that you're going to be adding "MySQL Support for saving pets preferences." Instead of doing so, I would recommend using the client prefs that sourcemod has already in its API.

Last edited by Nanochip; 03-21-2015 at 02:19.
Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 03-21-2015 , 05:21   Re: SourcePets v1.185 (Updated: 2015-03-15)
Reply With Quote #34

Would you mind adding to the .cfg a xyz axis so we can rotate the model in the direction we choose. Thanks.
Old 03-21-2015 , 14:48   Re: SourcePets v1.185 (Updated: 2015-03-15)
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
Just one more thing noticed when added to a FF2 server. I believe ff2 is "messing" with the !pets menu somehow. If you unload/reload the plugin the menu will return but after a few rounds the command no longer "works". I believe the menu is there but you can't see it? Does this make sense?
Also, +1 to this. The menu doesn't appear when using sm_pets after a few rounds or when the map changes on my FF2 server.

Last edited by Nanochip; 03-21-2015 at 14:49.
hannes96
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-21-2015 , 23:57   Re: SourcePets v1.185 (Updated: 2015-03-15)
Reply With Quote #36

Would be cool if the pet settings get saved in clientprefernces or in a mysql database. I know that mysql support is in your list but I thought it will save pet settings into clientpreferences for now.

I don't know if names get saved somewhere but sometimes someone on the server gets a random petname from someone else.

The last thing is that I have experienced some sound bug. There is that one sound (I think it is from the fast zombie) that just loops and doesn't want to get away even if you don't have the pet anymore.
Marverlous
Old 03-23-2015 , 18:25   Re: SourcePets v1.185 (Updated: 2015-03-15)
Reply With Quote #37

can you add the ability for admin to give a player a pet? For example "sm_pets randomplayer 2" would give randomplayer a black hugcrab pet, even though he does not have access to the pets command.

Great plugin by the way! The laggy movement is a bit weird but im sure it will improve over time. Best luck to you!
Old 03-23-2015 , 20:25   Re: SourcePets v1.185 (Updated: 2015-03-15)
Reply With Quote #38

I take it everyone forgot about the pets plugin that arthurdead put out last year?

I mean, nice to see someone made a new version because Arthurdead's had many issues that I personally tried and failed to solve (pets spawning themselves randomly onto players is a main one).

Also the laggy movement is unfixable because of how the "walking" is scripted. Easiest thing to do is switch to flying pets (if that's even an option in this plugin, arthurdead's had different pet placements like on the ground, waist-level and flying).

Use the HL2 crow for example. Or a combine shield scanner.

I'm gonna modify this to remove the pet names which is apparently broken and set it up in my donator suite.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 03-23-2015 at 20:28.
Nanochip
Old 03-24-2015 , 11:23   Re: SourcePets v1.185 (Updated: 2015-03-15)
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
I take it everyone forgot about the pets plugin that arthurdead put out last year?

I mean, nice to see someone made a new version because Arthurdead's had many issues that I personally tried and failed to solve (pets spawning themselves randomly onto players is a main one).

Also the laggy movement is unfixable because of how the "walking" is scripted. Easiest thing to do is switch to flying pets (if that's even an option in this plugin, arthurdead's had different pet placements like on the ground, waist-level and flying).

Use the HL2 crow for example. Or a combine shield scanner.

I'm gonna modify this to remove the pet names which is apparently broken and set it up in my donator suite.
The pet names are working flawlessly for me. When you type !petname Bob, you can view the name with !petstatus or whenever the pet speaks to you (which is usually when the pet spawns).

I currently have this set up for donators on my (FF2) server. They seem to love it, however the only bug I have encountered is usually the !pets menu doesn't show up after a couple of rounds have passed or the map has changed. Other than that, it's a great plugin for vip perks

Last edited by Nanochip; 03-24-2015 at 11:41.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 03-24-2015 , 19:28   Re: SourcePets v1.185 (Updated: 2015-03-15)
Reply With Quote #40

Oh wait, I just viewed the source code. It's set up exactly like the one Arthurdead released in the Scripting section a while back, that I tried helping him with.

There's an enum for pet content, but it uses a config file as opposed to an include (which is what Arthur's version used, pain in the ass to modify, so I moved the content of the include directly into the plugin itself)

Defined heights are the same....actually now that I think back, Arthurdead said his was a modified version of Noodleboy's (or something along those lines). That's why this and his are similarly scripted.

Also, I see why the plugin is having issues with the menu not working. You have these "TF2_OnWaitingForPlayersStart" and "TF2_OnWaitingForPlayersEnd" checks that I've never seen used before (ever), and they set a true/false bool for MenuNotUsable.

Why is the menu only enabled on the start of waiting for players, then disabled when the game starts? Get rid of that bool check completely, and that'll solve the problem of the menu not appearing.

Shit to get rid of

Oh, and what is "#define PET_HUGCRAB 1". It only appears in the code once, as that define and it doesn't get used anywhere.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 03-24-2015 at 19:40.