Fully Threaded Server Redirect

Post New Thread Reply   

St00ne
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2012 , 12:31   Re: Fully Threaded Server Redirect
Reply With Quote #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyGaming View Post
Does valve's updates change anything on this plugin? I tested it quite a few minutes ago on several of our CS:GO servers, but it won't work as expected. There aren't any errors in our logs, because everything works, except from redirecting to a server.

If I type !servers in chat, there are all servers I added but if I choose one, nothing happens. There isnt any redirect. :/

Any ideas?
This might be dumb but... isn't there a key to press to accept to be redirected in CS:GO too, like in CS:S? (it used to be F3...)

PS: Thx for your answer minimoney.

-My plugins-

Last edited by St00ne; 11-25-2012 at 12:34.
PsyGaming
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-25-2012 , 13:18   Re: Fully Threaded Server Redirect
Reply With Quote #82

Of course there is a key to accept, but isnt there a notice too, that you have to accept with key "X"? Something like: "To redirect to your chosen server, please press F3".

If I write "!servers" I get my server list. I choose server X and then the menu disappears. Nothing else happens. How should the client know, what he has to press after he took a number? ^^

Psy-Gaming.de - CS:GO Server Community
We have more than +30 Publicserver running!

St00ne
Veteran Member
Old 11-26-2012 , 05:41   Re: Fully Threaded Server Redirect
Reply With Quote #83

Quote:
Of course there is a key to accept, but isnt there a notice too, that you have to accept with key "X"? Something like: "To redirect to your chosen server, please press F3".

If I write "!servers" I get my server list. I choose server X and then the menu disappears. Nothing else happens. How should the client know, what he has to press after he took a number? ^^
Right.
The first thing you have to do is to check if CS:GO also requires players to press a key to be redirected.
I can't try right now so I suggest you to open your console in CS:GO and start typing 'ask' in the console and see if a command appears. I mean you have to check if there is the same command in CSGO even if it's not written anywhere when you use the plugin.
If so, you'll have to modify the plugin (or ask for a modification) so that the plugin displays the message that used to be displayed automatically in CS:S.
If the same command doesn't exist, it is more complicated.
I can't help you more precisely because I can't launch CS:GO on the computer I'm using right now...

Regards,

St00ne

-My plugins-

Last edited by St00ne; 11-26-2012 at 05:44.
PsyGaming
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-26-2012 , 10:43   Re: Fully Threaded Server Redirect
Reply With Quote #84

Well, I dont know if there is any "keyword" you have to press for redirecting yourself to any server because I never coded anything with SM but I will give my best to figure out, what command it could be.

As I wrote "ask[...]" in my console, one command appeared automatically named "askconnect_accept". I wrote "say !servers" - servers appeared as a chatmessage - I chose a number - quickly returned to my console and typed askconnect_accept but nothing happened. Even the console did not give me any message in return.

If anyone could fix that, I am willing to donate a small amount :-)

Edit: Here is my logfile:

L 11/27/2012 - 15:28:28: SourceMod error session started
L 11/27/2012 - 15:28:28: Info (map "de_dust2") (file "errors_20121127.log")
L 11/27/2012 - 15:28:28: [SM] Native "CreateDialog" reported: Client 17 is not in game
L 11/27/2012 - 15:28:28: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "serverredirect.smx":
L 11/27/2012 - 15:28:28: [SM] [0] Line 371, /home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phpTINSCC.sp::RedirMenuHandler()
L 11/27/2012 - 152:05: Error log file session closed.

Last edited by PsyGaming; 11-27-2012 at 10:34.
St00ne
Veteran Member
Old 11-27-2012 , 11:15   Re: Fully Threaded Server Redirect
Reply With Quote #85

Quote:
Well, I dont know if there is any "keyword" you have to press for redirecting yourself to any server because I never coded anything with SM but I will give my best to figure out, what command it could be.

As I wrote "ask[...]" in my console, one command appeared automatically named "askconnect_accept". I wrote "say !servers" - servers appeared as a chatmessage - I chose a number - quickly returned to my console and typed askconnect_accept but nothing happened. Even the console did not give me any message in return.

If anyone could fix that, I am willing to donate a small amount :-)

Edit: Here is my logfile:

L 11/27/2012 - 15:28:28: SourceMod error session started
L 11/27/2012 - 15:28:28: Info (map "de_dust2") (file "errors_20121127.log")
L 11/27/2012 - 15:28:28: [SM] Native "CreateDialog" reported: Client 17 is not in game
L 11/27/2012 - 15:28:28: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "serverredirect.smx":
L 11/27/2012 - 15:28:28: [SM] [0] Line 371, /home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phpTINSCC.sp::RedirMenuHandler()
L 11/27/2012 - 152:05: Error log file session closed.
Hi,

The 'keyword', as you call it, belongs to the game and not to the plugin, I think.
The fact that the console displays it to you when you start typing it means that the same command exists on both CS:S and CS:GO, which is a good thing.
The only difference is that it is not displayed automatically on your screen in CS:GO like it used to in CS:S, which is a pity, but not dramatic.
Now that you know it, this is a good point, because it means that the plugin should work.

The error log that you copied here seems to say that you were not ingame, or maybe you were dead or spectating, and SM might not be totally up to date concerning Team/Spectator/Dead recognition in CS:GO.

You should try again when you are in a team (T or CT, nevermind) AND while you are alive.

It should work.

If not... this plugin needs to be modified but I don't know how, and as I said earlier, I can't play CS:GO right now so I won't be able to help you more...

See you

St00ne

-My plugins-

Last edited by St00ne; 11-27-2012 at 11:20.
PsyGaming
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-27-2012 , 13:28   Re: Fully Threaded Server Redirect
Reply With Quote #86

Well, I tried in spec mode, as T and CT. It doesnt work. I added altogether 20 server and checked ALL the data on MySQL and all of them are connected and showing up players and max. players on each server. Only the redirect isnt working at all.

St00ne
Veteran Member
Old 11-28-2012 , 05:13   Re: Fully Threaded Server Redirect
Reply With Quote #87

Quote:
Well, I tried in spec mode, as T and CT. It doesnt work. I added altogether 20 server and checked ALL the data on MySQL and all of them are connected and showing up players and max. players on each server. Only the redirect isnt working at all.
Ok, well, as I said, I can't help you more on that, first I think I'm not good enough writing plugins, secondly I can't even try right now

-My plugins-

Last edited by St00ne; 11-28-2012 at 05:15.
PsyGaming
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-28-2012 , 08:05   Re: Fully Threaded Server Redirect
Reply With Quote #88

No problem, thank you for your support! Now I need someone who can fix that problem. As I said, I am willing to donate a small amount for the guy who is fixing this problem :-)

Veteran Member
Old 11-28-2012 , 12:59   Re: Fully Threaded Server Redirect
Reply With Quote #89

Do you CS:GO guys have an options menu where you can configure your keys? If so, is there a 'Accept Redirect' option (or something similar) anywhere there? (For TF2 we have this near the bottom under Misc keys).
Old 11-28-2012 , 13:43   Re: Fully Threaded Server Redirect
Reply With Quote #90

Sure we have, but dont ask how often I tried to bind this one: bind "F3" "askconnect_accept"

It doesnt work and the last hours I searched via gametracker for the cvar version of serverredirect.smx. Therefore I found ~8 server which are using this plugin for CS:GO. I connected to every server and tried it and got the same problem. Everytime the menu appears, you can choose a server number and then you dont get any redirect information. Of course I typed askconnect_accept into my console or I pressed F3 with the bind I mentioned above. Nothing :/