Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

F.A.Q (Read this before posting any question)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
alongub
Veteran Member
Old 04-24-2013 , 17:08   F.A.Q (Read this before posting any question)
Reply With Quote #1

How do I install Store?

You should know that installing the Store plugin is much more complex than installing any other plugin. You might want to get someone who has experience with SourceMod and MySQL. There are plenty of users in this forum who can do it for free or for money.

Installing Store is not easy.

If you still want to do it alone, you need to install 2 things:
  • The store plugin
  • The store web panel
Start here: https://github.com/alongubkin/store/...stalling-Store

Can I PM you if I have a question?

I'm extremely sorry, and I understand this might harm your honor, but no. That's why we opened this forum. Once you ask me a question privately, someone who has the exact same question won't be able to see it.

What are the requirements for Store?
  • A working game server with SourceMod 1.5+
  • MySQL database - we use this to save your data. Usually, your GSP provides that. If not, you'll need to buy a hosting for that.
  • Web host with PHP 5.3+ for the Web Panel.
Can I use Store with multiple servers?

Yes.

When I'm trying to equip a hat, it says "You player model doesn't support equipment". What do I do?

There are 2 possibilities here:
  • The equipment module does not support your game. Make sure to read that thread again and see games are supported.
  • Your player model does not support equipment.
Since there isn't much to do about the first issue, lets discuss the second. Unfortunately, some player models don't support equipment.

When I say "they don't support equipment", I mean that they don't have the required attachment that is used by equipment. Attachments are hooks for the placement of sprites, weapon models, hats, or other in game entities on the model.

So the easiest solution is to install different player models. There are plenty in GameBanana and s-low.

If you're running CS:S and still want to use the default models, try this solution by eXemplar:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=210182

Another thing you could do would be to use a different attachment. The equipment module bundle comes with items that use the forward attachment. You can use a different attachment, but that means you need to change positioning of every equipment you've added using the editor. You can find the available attachments in the Model Viewer in Source SDK.

I get this error in the web panel: "The upload destination folder does not appear to be writable". What do I do?

Code:
chmod -R 777 uploads
I have received on of the following errors after adding/editing items:
  • [SMJSON] Error in line XX, col YY: end of file expected near '}'
  • [SM] Native "json_object_get" reported: Invalid <Object> handle 0 (error 4)
You have a incorrect json in your attrs field. Verify it with http://jsonlint.com/

I received one of the following errors after installing store:
  • PLUGIN STOPPED - Reason: reconnect counter reached max - PLUGIN STOPPED
  • Connection to SQL database has failed, Reason: ...
  • SQL Error on ...
  • Access denied for user ...
  • Unable to select the specified database: ...
  • Unable to connect to the database server: ...
A: You didn't configure your MySQL database properly. The plugin can't connect to your database or doesn't find any tables there.

Make sure you followed the necessary steps here:
https://github.com/alongubkin/store/...stalling-Store

I have a "database problem"
Make sure, that you have a database that can be accessed from the server where you install the store plugin and the server where you have installed the webpanel (this can be the same server, but it doesnt need to be)

If you have a database (and you have verified, that your connection details are entered correctly) check if external access is enabled to this db (if your gameserver and webserver is not on the same server)
You can check if you have enabled external access by trying to connect to your database with a deaktop application (such as heidi sql).
If you can connect with your desktop application to the external database (and the connection is not working on your web/-gameserver) make sure that the details entered in the config files are correct

Last edited by Arrow768; 08-23-2014 at 08:56.