Old 10-10-2015 , 20:03   Re: Discussion(s) for Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #31

Any updates? Will we get new ETA?
Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 10-10-2015 , 20:22   Status Update for the WebPanel
Reply With Quote #32

Status Update for the WebPanel2:

We thought that we could release the Store Plugin and the WebPanel on the 10.10.15, but that didnt work out, cause I couldnt finish the loadout module for the WebPanel in time.

What is already implemented:

Admin Panel (Thats where you administrate the store plugin from)
Everything that I think should be in the initial release is in there.
Some people have beta tested it and so far they have not found any game breaking bugs.
There are a few things that will be ironed out after the release, so keep an eye out for updates.

User Panel (Thats where your Users edit their loadouts, can buy items, ...)
Most of the stuff is already implemented, but I still need to add a few things.
* Users can already buy / sell items
* But the loadout system is not completely implemented (Needs to be done before the release)
* The design is "functional" - Could be better. If someone provides a template, I will implement it.

Auto Updates
Its already possible to completely automate the process of updating the WebPanel (And I have done that for my testing environment)

Basically it works that way:
* Replace all the files that have changed since the last update (Should also be fine if you replace all files)
* Run on the shell: php artisan migrate
* Run on the shell: composer update

One important thing to consider: Use the .env file whenever possible. Dont edit the config files directly

Granular Permissions:
Its implemented and it works.
You assign permissions to groups and then users to these groups.
A user can be in multiple groups.
If you edit your own user be careful that you dont lock yourself out. (Its easy to fix with db access)

Docker:
Havnt tested it in a while, but the docker image should still work with the latest version.

Installation:
* Git clone
* copy .env.example to .env
* Edit .env
* Run composer install
* Run php artisan migrate
* Point http root to public dir
* Done

Payment / Donation implementation:
Havnt started with that. Might come at a later time.

Template / Skin system for the Admin / Userpanel:
Its implemented.
If you want to, its possible to change the skin.
The Webpanel is licensed under the AGPL; So you have to publish the skin files if you make a skin for the webpanel.

Plugin/Module Versions:
Atm, you can already see what store plugin and module versions are installed across your servers.
But it doesnt inform you if they are out of date / incompatible to the installed versions.
That will come at a later time.
There might also be an auto updater.

Translations:
Currently not implemented.
Will come for all User Related stuff.
Not sure about Admin Stuff. (English should be fine there)

TL;DR:
A few important things are still missing.
Should be done by the end of the month.

Its 2:30 in the morning, so I dont care about spelling mistakes.

Last edited by Arrow768; 10-10-2015 at 20:25.
Tezidk
Old 10-10-2015 , 20:52   Re: Discussion(s) for Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #33

Thanks for the status update! Sounds good!
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2015 , 14:45   Re: Discussion(s) for Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #34

for admins a new theme skin.... (the current store webpanel looks fking gorgeous to be honest and is very easy to navigate) did you have negative responses about the theme so you came up making a new one? or was it just out of plain interest? like a yeah sure, why not!

how about making pawns and admins not able to give credits around in the server? and options to make users able to make items in the store "for ex titles" and does not have access to anything else, like deleting items and so on. this way you can progress ur store very very far without doing everything yourself + (1-2 friends you can trust)

is that something? and i dont think auto installation will be very needed, (indeed usefull but as i read the installation its something new once again to do and that means everyone who ran the store before would have to now read the new installation and more questions would appear, and compared to the numbers of downloads from the github depositry the questions about how to install it hasn't been that big amount of numbers. its just that alot of amateurs, well mostly kids at 14-20 who wants to make game servers for fun trying to get a small "illegal income" via paypal and hope nobody notices.

Last edited by Robin955; 10-12-2015 at 14:49.
Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2015 , 18:59   Re: Discussion(s) for Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #35

Most of the stuff you mentioned is already possible.

With the granular permissions you can setup a group that can create items but cant do anything else.
But you cant limit that to items of a single type

Implementing the option for a theme was quite simple, so I did it.
(And I think the UserPanel needs a better theme)

Last edited by Arrow768; 10-12-2015 at 19:00.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-13-2015 , 01:55   Re: Discussion(s) for Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #36

Store 2.0 has been converted entirely to 1.8. Not 100% sure if you can compile with a 1.7 or under compiler with the syntax changes to the 'view_as' functions.

Cheers,
- The guy with the worst name in the world.

Also:

now stop messaging me..

Last edited by Drixevel; 10-13-2015 at 02:02.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-01-2015 , 12:10   Re: Discussion(s) for Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #37

Just for the sake of peoples sanity, relax. I'm working on releasing when I can but I'm in the process of moving and working right now.
Tezidk
Old 11-02-2015 , 07:07   Re: Discussion(s) for Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
Just for the sake of peoples sanity, relax. I'm working on releasing when I can but I'm in the process of moving and working right now.

Alright, please dont hestitate to much, people who keeps messaging you should try to make a plugin like store themself. Take your time, remember this is something you do in your spare time, not a work where you have to hold the deadline, gl moving
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-02-2015 , 08:41   Re: Discussion(s) for Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezidk View Post
Alright, please dont hestitate to much, people who keeps messaging you should try to make a plugin like store themself. Take your time, remember this is something you do in your spare time, not a work where you have to hold the deadline, gl moving
Yeah, but telling that to a new person every 5 minutes becomes very infuriating after a while. I should've just said somewhere between the end of the month and the middle of November.
whtevrwt
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-02-2015 , 14:03   Re: Discussion(s) for Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
Yeah, but telling that to a new person every 5 minutes becomes very infuriating after a while. I should've just said somewhere between the end of the month and the middle of November.
I'd say to just ignore everything and just focus on you and your work. I had 1.2 on my community and disabled it in preparation for 2.0 and yes, some of them are impatient. But hey, we're excited for 2.0 and are all waiting patiently. I'm also waiting patiently and am happy with whenever you'll release it. I'd rather have you take your time releasing it than releasing a buggy and un-finished product, just so everyone can start complaining again.

So please, take your time. We're all very grateful for all the work you've put into a free, un-paid project. I know I am.

Last edited by whtevrwt; 11-02-2015 at 14:04.