Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Feature Request A way to buy store points

Post New Thread Reply   

ShinyRazu
Old 10-13-2014 , 09:09   A way to buy store points
Reply With Quote #1

The Store plugin is good but there's a major issue which is making it difficult. Unless everything is really cheap in the store (which isn't a good idea), players will take a while to earn the points needed for items in the store unless they buy the points.

Basically, when I go to most communities they have a system where you can type !donate and a bot trades you, each item/metal is worth so many points, the bot calculates your points and they get added on.

Since this appears to be private, yet so common, if anyone wants to help out(donate) or get more points & faster, they must trade me and I have to !gift to give them points, which is a super inconvenient way and also means if I am not there they cannot donate items for points.

Is there anyway somebody can make a system for giving in-game items for points? Or perhaps link a steam bot up to be able to calculate items/points like many communities have. At the moment a lot of people are never going to be able to get the fun items they want in the store because it takes ages to earn, and if I make a faster points rate then EVERYBODY will have these items and they won't be that valuable.

I understand that as this is a free plugin there is a lower likelihood of this being made or released, however it would make the store a lot more friendly and preferable for players and opens up a lot of possibility and chance for dedicated players to help out and also get to try store items, like trails, that they would've otherwise never been able to get unless they wait for hours.
silenthunter1
Old 10-13-2014 , 10:34   Re: A way to buy store points
Reply With Quote #2

If you want you could just raise how much credits people receive randomly?
Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2014 , 14:28   Re: A way to buy store points
Reply With Quote #3

There are a lot of ways of gaining credits:
* The "normal" time-based credits
* Kill credits
* Betting
* Making forum posts (There is a mybb integration plugin)

It might be a good idea to create this feature request on github, so it not forgotten.
Old 10-16-2014 , 15:25   Re: A way to buy store points
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthunter1 View Post
If you want you could just raise how much credits people receive randomly?
I could, but I want it to be for something they've helped so like a reward. Also @Arrow I don't really know how to use github, can you explain please? I know there are many ways already, but I want to give something for the people who donate and help keep the community going. I know many people disagree with this but store points don't necessarily mean OP advantages & so giving some for donations isn't bad
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2014 , 00:52   Re: A way to buy store points
Reply With Quote #5

GitHub's basically a place to store files and read them. You can download the github files from there and usem like usual. But you might have to compile the plugin yourself.

Last edited by Chdata; 10-17-2014 at 00:53.
ShinyRazu
Old 10-17-2014 , 06:50   Re: A way to buy store points
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
GitHub's basically a place to store files and read them. You can download the github files from there and usem like usual. But you might have to compile the plugin yourself.
Hi. Yes I know that much, but not how to make a feature request on github. Thanks
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 10-18-2014 , 13:28   Re: A way to buy store points
Reply With Quote #7

Is there anyway somebody can make a system for giving in-game items for points?

type Gift? thats been there for 1 year now.

and annyway donating is not really a money bringer, you spend maybe above 50-100 hours just to get ur server complete or even more. and all in all you might be able to get 100-150 bucks from donations (each 1-2month) maximum with 2-3 servers. and that is just to pay back what the server costs to rent annyway. yea make 0.2 dollars a hour. huge investment.

Last edited by Robin955; 10-18-2014 at 13:33.