Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Mario Bros.

Post New Thread Reply   

FreakySt0rm
BANNED
Old 07-24-2014 , 05:10   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #41

I have a MarioBros server up-and-running at: tf2serv1.st0rm.net:27060 if anyone is interested in trying this gamemode.
Send a message via ICQ to FreakySt0rm Send a message via AIM to FreakySt0rm Send a message via Yahoo to FreakySt0rm
robotortoise
Old 08-20-2014 , 01:21   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #42

So, the power-ups still don't show, and the music cuts out sometimes.

Would it be better to just play the music as part of the map? Maybe as a soundscape that plays 1/6 songs?

Oh, and the starman song isn't downloading for me. Maybe because it's a .wav and the plugin is requesting an mp3?

Regardless, the mode is really fun! The sounds and music need a bit of work, though. (Hammer music, brick sfx, ect.) As always you can ask for my help with that.

If you ever need help with Wii/Gamecube/DS sounds/music/ect., I'm your man!

Contact me via Steam

I don't bite.

How to loop and compress .wav files

Me and my friends' server
xkirby
Old 08-24-2014 , 19:45   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #43

I'm not sure what problems you're having, especially since I'm getting back into TF2 just today, after a long time away. Try downloading the plugin and all of the files again.

Also, if you want the music to be map-based, I could just remove the music code altogether if that would make things better. I just thought the music would make the gamemode more interesting. Sorry it's been a hassle so far.
Old 08-24-2014 , 19:55   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkirby View Post
I'm not sure what problems you're having, especially since I'm getting back into TF2 just today, after a long time away. Try downloading the plugin and all of the files again.

Also, if you want the music to be map-based, I could just remove the music code altogether if that would make things better. I just thought the music would make the gamemode more interesting. Sorry it's been a hassle so far.
Yeah, removing the music in the mode is probably a good idea. That way people can make music based on the game area their map is set in. (Underground, self in I, ect.)

I'll try redownloading the plugins and assets and let you know what happens.

Contact me via Steam

I don't bite.

Jonathan78
Old 08-24-2014 , 20:51   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #45

oh ho ho what is this
xkirby
Old 08-25-2014 , 17:59   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #46

I commented out all of the Music playing code from the plugin, but I've yet to upload it. For now, I'll wait while I get to the real reason for this post.

If possible, I'd like to ask for a favor. Whether or not people actually help is up to you guys, but I promised my map-making friend to try and advertise the game as best as I can.

Anyway, advertising it isn't my problem right now. Basically, I would like the gamemode to have more maps associated to it. I'm not exactly sure how busy my friend is, so I don't know if he has time within his schedule to make more maps for me. I'll ask him down the line if he'd be up for it, but I would like to know of any other mappers who would potentially take some of their free time to make maps for this game mode.

I would like the maps to be mostly Mario-Themed, but that's optional. The maps should include "Coin" entities and "Power-Up" entities. All I truly ask is for all of the maps related to this game mode be made public. Open-sourcing the map files is entirely up to the mapmaker.

That's about it. If you know of someone or you ARE someone who's good at mapping, please PM me if you have an interest in the game mode and would like to map for it. Don't contact me over Steam as I refuse to add people too often.
Old 08-25-2014 , 18:34   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkirby View Post
I commented out all of the Music playing code from the plugin, but I've yet to upload it. For now, I'll wait while I get to the real reason for this post.

If possible, I'd like to ask for a favor. Whether or not people actually help is up to you guys, but I promised my map-making friend to try and advertise the game as best as I can.

Anyway, advertising it isn't my problem right now. Basically, I would like the gamemode to have more maps associated to it. I'm not exactly sure how busy my friend is, so I don't know if he has time within his schedule to make more maps for me. I'll ask him down the line if he'd be up for it, but I would like to know of any other mappers who would potentially take some of their free time to make maps for this game mode.

I would like the maps to be mostly Mario-Themed, but that's optional. The maps should include "Coin" entities and "Power-Up" entities. All I truly ask is for all of the maps related to this game mode be made public. Open-sourcing the map files is entirely up to the mapmaker.

That's about it. If you know of someone or you ARE someone who's good at mapping, please PM me if you have an interest in the game mode and would like to map for it. Don't contact me over Steam as I refuse to add people too often.

Shouldn't you post this on TF2maps.net and gamebanana too?

Contact me via Steam

I don't bite.

xkirby
Old 08-25-2014 , 18:42   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #48

Yeah, I most likely will, but I thought I'd get the message out here first. I have to set up a GameBanana account anyway, might as well do that now.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-25-2014 , 19:01   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkirby
Any changes made to the plugin, map, or models included in
the Official "[TF2] Mario Bros." gamemode must be made public
and free. You are not allowed to sell, distribute, or barter
this plugin or its resources for anything. If hosted elsewhere,
It must include the source code and resource files..
I'm just curious, but isn't that unenforceable? SourceMod plugins are licensed as GPL v3 as derivative works. According to this it is legal for people to resell software as long as they stick to the GPL license and make the source available.

Additionally, you said that people do not have the right to distribute which goes against the GPL see here.

As someone that sells plugins (I'm the author) I've done just a tiny amount of research into this. It doesn't sound like you have any recourse if someone redistributes your plugin. (Kigen mananged to do a DMCA takedown and get SMAC removed though) If someone could clarify on that, cheers!

Last edited by pheadxdll; 08-25-2014 at 19:03.
xkirby
Old 08-25-2014 , 19:15   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #50

I only stated that because, for starters, it's Mario-related. The other reason is because I'd rather keep the code completely public. I have no authority over the map file, other than the BSP I'm allowed to distribute.

Just to clarify, it is indeed unenforcable. I'll edit my post to remove distributing. I was just hoping to keep people from making too many private edits to things.

EDIT: I uploaded v1.0.6d and changed the Terms of Use Details section. Thanks for pointing out that I was breaking the GPL, as that wasn't intended on my part.

EDIT 2: Reuploaded it to fix the Help Menu, as well as adding a basic tutorial video which explains most of the gameplay elements.

Last edited by xkirby; 08-26-2014 at 16:41. Reason: Released new plugin version, fixed Terms of Use