Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-23-2011 , 13:24   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.4.5 (Updated 3/20/11)
Reply With Quote #541

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserhead View Post
I removed that entry but it still crashed. I see the log has become 168MB lol! Since i only have 256kbps connection i have asked jameless to take a look at the log.
If the log's that big that's a pretty good indication that there's an infinite loop happening. It should be pretty easy to see what the repeating pattern is. If you can't host the whole log, post everything up to the repeating pattern and then just cut it off after the first two COMPLETE repeats (I want two because sometimes people accidentally omit a line from the repeat and it confuses the hell out of me).
Old 03-23-2011 , 18:05   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.4.5 (Updated 3/20/11)
Reply With Quote #542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steell View Post
I'm also working on a new feature of my own; maps can be dynamically reweighted based off of the average rating of the map from the Map Rate plugin. In order to accomplish this, I wrote a reweighting system that anyone can extend in their own plugins (not sure exactly how useful it will be, but it's there).
This sounds like a great feature. We don't use the random selection right now but voting only but i think this could make dynamic rotation of maps much more effective. Is it possible to limit the voting to mapgroups only and pick the map randomly?

You were right. I managed to open the log and it's looping, see attachment. Don't really understand why it loops but i'm sure you will know why.
Attached Files
File Type: txt umclog.txt (12.1 KB, 129 views)
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-23-2011 , 18:27   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.4.5 (Updated 3/20/11)
Reply With Quote #543

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserhead View Post
This sounds like a great feature. We don't use the random selection right now but voting only but i think this could make dynamic rotation of maps much more effective. Is it possible to limit the voting to mapgroups only and pick the map randomly?
Weighting is also used to put maps in the vote when there are multiple ones to pick from in the group (a map with a higher weight is more likely to be put in a vote than another in the same group with a lower weight). To answer your question, just change from Tiered Votes to Group Votes and the map will be picked randomly after the category is voted (sm_umc_endvote/rtv_type 1).

I'm looking over your logs now.
Old 03-23-2011 , 18:29   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.4.5 (Updated 3/20/11)
Reply With Quote #544

Your loop and subsequent crash is caused by having the duplicate "cp_coldfront" in your umc_mapcycle.txt. I know you stated that you removed it, but please make sure it's indeed removed and you have reloaded the mapcycle (change the map, reload the plugin, or run sm_umc_reload_file).
Old 03-23-2011 , 20:27   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.4.5 (Updated 3/20/11)
Reply With Quote #545

Is there a way to have players be able to say "nominate <mapname>" in chat? instead of having to scroll through a list.

I'd like to keep my current list but also have the ability to just say it in chat.^^
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-23-2011 , 20:31   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.4.5 (Updated 3/20/11)
Reply With Quote #546

It's actually a bit more complicated than you would think, but I'll see what I can do.
Old 03-23-2011 , 20:40   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.4.5 (Updated 3/20/11)
Reply With Quote #547

It must be complicated, I have looked everywhere on how to do this. I am not finding much unless its with AMX....
FuttockMcGuffin
Old 03-23-2011 , 22:16   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.4.5 (Updated 3/20/11)
Reply With Quote #548

I am also wondering how to add all the maps from my maplist to the RTV.

Right now we can rtv but only maps that have been nominated show up.

TY in advance
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-23-2011 , 22:17   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.4.5 (Updated 3/20/11)
Reply With Quote #549

Post your umc_mapcycle.txt
Old 03-24-2011 , 08:00   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.4.5 (Updated 3/20/11)
Reply With Quote #550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steell View Post
Your loop and subsequent crash is caused by having the duplicate "cp_coldfront" in your umc_mapcycle.txt. I know you stated that you removed it, but please make sure it's indeed removed and you have reloaded the mapcycle (change the map, reload the plugin, or run sm_umc_reload_file).
I am flabbergasted. I had edited the file locally and removed the 2nd instance of cp_coldfront. I uploaded that file two times already to my server and tested. When i opened it on the server side i could not see cp_coldfront 2 times. After doing that i rebooted each time. After trying again today it did not crash. Sorry for the trouble.

One thing i noticed is that when i upload txt files my ftp client does not ask me if it can overwrite the existing file while it does so with other filetypes. Maybe that's related.