Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows

Post New Thread Reply   

br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-04-2013 , 00:07   Re: [v0.7] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #41

I did some research and here's what I found.

When switching to SteamCMD from HLDSUpdateTool, SteamCMD will replace the core files (cfg, maps, scripts), however, it will not replace custom files like custom cfgs, maps, sounds (except modified resources).

SteamCMD has the "validate" parameter which matches EXACTLY what Steam has on their servers. Even if you have previously used SteamCMD, using the "validate" parameter will replace files that have changed. seDirector 0.7 beta used the "validate" parameter in SteamCMD by default, so in version 0.8 beta, it has been removed.

So in short..

If you are currently using SteamCMD:
-You'll be fine as long as you install seDirector 0.8 beta or higher.
If you are currently using HLDSUpdateTool for a SteamCMD supported game:
-Make a backup of your server before switching to SteamCMD as it will overwrite your data.
-OR create a new server in a new directory, then copy/move your data into there
Starting with seDirector 0.8 beta, users switching from HLDSUpdateTool to SteamCMD will be reminded to back up the server before proceeding.

I'll be releasing the update shortly!

Thanks!

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-04-2013 , 00:08   Re: [v0.7] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by br5dy View Post
If you are currently using HLDSUpdateTool for a SteamCMD supported game:
-Make a backup of your server before switching to SteamCMD as it will overwrite your data.
-OR create a new server in a new directory, then copy/move your data into there
You should definitely do a clean install, or you end up with gigabytes of unused files.
Old 06-04-2013 , 00:09   Re: [v0.7] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #43

Thanks!!!

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
Nolongerinthegame
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-08-2013 , 09:23   Re: [v0.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #44

For some reason using this, my server does not respond to logs using hlsw. When I click on get log (internet) it cannot be done.

However its fine when I don't use seDirector and use a manual batch script to start the server.
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-09-2013 , 04:43   Re: [v0.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelioneil View Post
For some reason using this, my server does not respond to logs using hlsw. When I click on get log (internet) it cannot be done.

However its fine when I don't use seDirector and use a manual batch script to start the server.
Okay thanks for reporting the issue. I'll take a look and let you know.

Can you post this issue over at the bug tracker on GitHub? https://github.com/AsherSoftware/seDirector
Thank you.

Impact123
Veteran Member
Old 06-09-2013 , 09:55   Re: [v0.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #46

Sorry if this was already asked but, is there a reason you don't open-source it?

Yours sincerely
Impact
Old 06-09-2013 , 22:54   Re: [v0.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #47

one feature that would be nice to have, its automated restarts.
Old 06-10-2013 , 13:12   Re: [v0.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact123 View Post
Sorry if this was already asked but, is there a reason you don't open-source it?

Yours sincerely
Impact
In a few months there will be some advanced features like having it call your cell phone if your server crashes, and moving servers between physical servers. For those pieces there will be a cost associated with it, however, the features out right now will always remain free. So that's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteeneleven View Post
one feature that would be nice to have, its automated restarts.
Thanks for the request. It is something that will be available for sure.

captaindeterprimary
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-12-2013 , 20:52   Re: [v0.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #49

Multi-host = Want. Would be awesome because I have 10 TF2 servers on my personal server, 4 on a friends group of servers, and 3 on another friends servers. And updating them all is a bitch.
Last edited by ; Today at 08:20 AM. Reason: Get rid of s

Last edited by captaindeterprimary; 06-12-2013 at 20:53.
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-12-2013 , 23:40   Re: [v0.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman315 View Post
Multi-host = Want. Would be awesome because I have 10 TF2 servers on my personal server, 4 on a friends group of servers, and 3 on another friends servers. And updating them all is a bitch.
I bet. The plan is to make seDirector able to access any of your servers from any of your physical servers. So you just log on one server and you can control them all from there. You'll also be able to move servers from one physical server (hosts) automatically. This will come in time. We just added someone to our team today to speed up the development. Good things are coming.