Post New Thread Reply   

MPNumB
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2011 , 18:20   Re: Accuracy Fix
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVYCDfR0F44

in this video a shot placement bug is present, was this fixed with your plugin?

this bug happens at random, or so it seems, no movement or firing determines when it happens, it just falls on a cycle or something and decides to miss, something that never happens on a lan game.

you can only see it happen with cl_lw 0, but you can feel it happen no matter what while playing live.
I have fixed this issue, but not for all weapons. Weapons what remain the same are AWP (don't think this fix is needed for it, and actually it's quite odd that that happened with awp), g3sg1 (it still behaves the same way), and all other should have it fixed.
* HotVision
___
Need help? Please check this documentation first.
Send a message via Skype™ to MPNumB
krededk99
Old 10-21-2011 , 02:46   Re: Accuracy Fix
Reply With Quote #42

Ive been running this plugin on my pub SK server since release, and i havent recieved any feedback from users wondering if something has changed. Only when asked, some of the more skilled users does seem to agree that there has been a small change.. but they cant really pinpoint it ^^

All in all, nice job.
massacremn
Old 03-20-2012 , 03:26   Re: Accuracy Fix
Reply With Quote #43

Hmm. Very interesting...

So, can you put guide how to use or install it? kind of a manual?
I have some questions (I don't much know about codes or basics) so please:
- Can I use your plugin in my cs then join any server? So does fix work?
- How to apply in LAN game?
- Is it illegal in competitive tournament?

Thanks
MassacrE

Last edited by massacremn; 03-20-2012 at 03:27.
DUBMANJEIRE
Old 03-20-2012 , 06:00   Re: Accuracy Fix
Reply With Quote #44

Hi,

Massacre, if I understand it correctly...

This plugin is designed to improve the accuracy of shots fired using the cross-hair for aiming..
& without reloading or changing weapon and also having fired at least once already....

-So it fixes or at least improves a bug in CS and the way it handles multiple shots without reloading/switching.

It is only for a server and like any other amxx plugins it cannot be installed to a CS client.

Hope that helps...

Just found about about this today, looks cool and will test it asap for use with 6-12 servers hopefully.

My only question is after reading all this:

If there is a bug and shots fired after the first bullet of a weapon(NOT just selected or reloaded) have accuracy randomized based on previous shot...

Why has this not been corrected for CW Matches...?

I thought the whole point was to win based on skill in a fair playing field... not random luck?

So should players reload and switch weapons all the time on servers without this plugin to get a more accurate first shot?
Quick switch to pistol before back to rifle maybe?.. or Knife too?

:-J

Last edited by DUBMANJEIRE; 03-20-2012 at 06:16.
MPNumB
Veteran Member
Old 03-26-2012 , 14:04   Re: Accuracy Fix
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremn View Post
Hmm. Very interesting...

So, can you put guide how to use or install it? kind of a manual?
I have some questions (I don't much know about codes or basics) so please:
- Can I use your plugin in my cs then join any server? So does fix work?
- How to apply in LAN game?
- Is it illegal in competitive tournament?

Thanks
MassacrE
- This is an amxmodx plugin. Meaning it can be installed only on servers.
- Find guides on amxmodx web of how to install amxmodx, and how to install plugins for amxmodx.
- I don't know. Those idiots say crouch-hopping is illegal, due to hitboxes, and when I personally provided evidence to few of the guys in charge of leagues, that when crouch-hopping, hitboxes aren't any worse than in any other situation when moving, they didn't have anything to say, and it ended up in them saying something similar to "Ok, now I know that hitbox issue isn't a valid reason, and that being more silent, but also being in air balances each other out, and that allowing crouch-hopping will improve the game, cause people will have more choices of what to do, and it will push up the competitive skill ceiling, but I want this game to be played like it used was with crouch-hopping being banned, so it will be played this way, and you cant do anything about it". So, communicating with them is like asking your government to rise up people payments, with exception that in this case this managers wont actually loose anything (they just don't want to rewrite rules, even if new ones will server everyone).

However if you'r hosting your own tournament, or have friends what are hosting tournaments, you may talk to them. This plugin doesn't give no unfair advantage to anyone - it's just fixes a bug, what lowers the skill ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBMANJEIRE View Post
Hi,

Massacre, if I understand it correctly...

This plugin is designed to improve the accuracy of shots fired using the cross-hair for aiming..
& without reloading or changing weapon and also having fired at least once already....

-So it fixes or at least improves a bug in CS and the way it handles multiple shots without reloading/switching.

It is only for a server and like any other amxx plugins it cannot be installed to a CS client.

Hope that helps...

Just found about about this today, looks cool and will test it asap for use with 6-12 servers hopefully.

My only question is after reading all this:

If there is a bug and shots fired after the first bullet of a weapon(NOT just selected or reloaded) have accuracy randomized based on previous shot...

Why has this not been corrected for CW Matches...?

I thought the whole point was to win based on skill in a fair playing field... not random luck?

So should players reload and switch weapons all the time on servers without this plugin to get a more accurate first shot?
Quick switch to pistol before back to rifle maybe?.. or Knife too?

:-J
Well, it isn't actually crosshair related. It's complicated to explain. I myself an not sure how everything works, so via first-person non-spectator it can be explained. But I'm sure that that bug exists.

But answering your questions. Yes, it fixed AND improves the way CS handles shots in all conditions. Those may be multiple, those may be single... It improves all of them (except shotguns, cause accuracy bug doesn't exist in them).

This is an amxmodx plugin, therefor it is server-side and cannot be installed on client as far as I know (maybe someone created amxx for client, I don't know). Even if it would be possible (install on client), it wouldn't improve anything - it would just change clients visual bullet decals.

My guess is, that in engine it is using random_number() when firing a weapon, what isn't 100% accurate. Basing on this guess of of my, even with my plugin, spread calculation will still be randomized. However, the more you spray, the larger potential is for that random_number(). And talking about your question. Yes, that's the bug what this plugin is fixing. Well, plugin also has few more improvements, but sticking on the question, yes - this glitch exists, and this plugin is fixing it.

This hasn't been corrected by VALVe or leagues, or any large corporations, for a simple reason, that they eater don't know about it, or they aren't allowed to do anything about it, or they don't want to do it for personal self-interest reasons what when would be ignored would make stuff better for everyone else and would once again raise up the skill ceiling what 1.6 is all about.

And yes, people are switching their weapons for this reason, and reason, so their speed will constantly change from rifle to less. However I must point out, that people knew why there were doing this back in CS1.5 times - now not all are aware of this. Now knowledge of this is mostly lost, and people are just switching cause it has been done. Just like pressing Q twice after awp shot (it was really useful in 1.5, now in 1.6 - not so much). Also example, that back in 1.5 people used to run with knife, cause it was one of the fastest things. Now in 1.6 they still are doing it, but don't know that with usp or almost any sub-machine-gun you are running as fast. People are just doing what they learned to do observing others, and that passed on. Most of the times they don't even know why they are doing it. For example, I have a friend who is good with AK47, but when I ask him why is he constantly switching to pistol and back to ak47 after making a shot or few, he answers he doesn't know. Or one more example, when adding a silencer you press QQ as well. Cause it takes 2 seconds to add a silencer on m4, or 3 on usp. Weapon switch time is 0.75sec. So source from where QQ when silencing comes is actually, start to silence, press Q, wait for deploy, for 0.5 (m4) or 1.5 (if usp) seconds, so you will be able to shoot just in case during that time, press Q again and have your usp or m4 ready.

And yes, servers without this plugin... Well switching to pistol or knife, and back to previous weapon does improve accuracy if you made a shot or few. However reload also works. In some cases reload is even better. For example famas. After switch accuracy calculation is 0.2, when after reload it's 0 - making first bullet after reload dead-on, when after switch it's accurate, but not 100% on target.
* HotVision
___

Last edited by MPNumB; 03-26-2012 at 14:08.
FOUTA
Old 03-30-2012 , 08:58   Re: Accuracy Fix
Reply With Quote #46

Damm it man i thaught i was reading s 1.6 history
Thanks for the info, and btw this plugin is a must i think, i use it on all my servers
AllMassive
Old 03-30-2012 , 15:15   Re: Accuracy Fix
Reply With Quote #47

Sounds great - installing it now ....

Thx for sharing your work !
FiFiX
Old 08-16-2012 , 10:40   Re: Accuracy Fix
Reply With Quote #48

Well, anyway does this bug still exist on the newest HLDS and steam cs?
Send a message via Skype™ to FiFiX
MPNumB
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2012 , 19:18   Re: Accuracy Fix
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiFiX View Post
Well, anyway does this bug still exist on the newest HLDS and steam cs?
Yes, bug is still in the game, and isn't going anywhere. I didn't see valve updating the cs1.6 in last few... years? Plus, for VALVe to actually fix something what is broken - I think I'll disprove the big-bang theory before that happens. In other, words, don't count on VALVe to making a fix or anything - not gonna happen. And PMing leagues and stuff - don't waist your time as well.
* HotVision
___

Last edited by MPNumB; 08-16-2012 at 19:19.
FiFiX
Old 08-17-2012 , 01:25   Re: Accuracy Fix
Reply With Quote #50

And hae You ever tried to contact valve and inform tham about this bug? If yes, what was their answer?
Send a message via Skype™ to FiFiX