Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Quake Sounds

Post New Thread Reply   

demariners
Old 01-05-2009 , 01:59   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #471

Also, is there a way to disable the !quake text from popping up? If not is there a way to disable this so people can not change wether to hear sounds or not?
Send a message via AIM to demariners Send a message via MSN to demariners Send a message via Yahoo to demariners
Zuko
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-05-2009 , 02:57   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #472

I must say it: Why "QUAKE Sounds"? These sounds are from UT...

Last edited by Zuko; 01-05-2009 at 03:32.
Send a message via ICQ to Zuko
PharaohsPaw
Old 01-09-2009 , 13:29   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #473

Someone PM'd me asking me to help them get their plugin working. With the exception of having some of my killcount's set too high (above 50) and needing to drop those counts down to stop the plugin from crashing, I was able to get it working simply by RTFM (reading this forum topic), so I didn't reply to the PM.

To the guy with the big WHY QUAKE SOUNDS.. heh... well we actually have most of them turned off. Only the backstab humiliaton and a custom sound when somebody kills themselves (like with a nade) -- a Homer "D'Oh!".

Question:

I'm trying to use this plugin to get L4D to play a short MP3 file when a player connects to the server. The plugin does feed the mp3 file to the client (I tested this myself and it stores in under the sound dir in the client game tree) -- but it doesn't actually PLAY the file on the client. I'm wondering if maybe there is a different event that needs to be hooked for L4D player server joins.

Anybody have any idea?

I've already verified it's not an sv_pure problem (I set it to 0 just to be sure). It may be some other misconfiguration on the server though since I just started messing with L4D servers 2 days ago and have a lot of Valve Linux mailing list reading to catch up on.

Thanks in advance

PharaohsPaw
PharaohsPaw
Old 01-09-2009 , 15:50   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #474

Nevermind, I looked at the console output on the game client and it appears to be a different problem... it is trying to play the file but says it can't find it:

S_StartSound: Failed to load sound 'misc\mysound1.mp3', file probably missing from disk/repository

Evidently this is a problem with the game.. word seems to be L4D isn't working just yet with custom sounds.
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-09-2009 , 16:13   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #475

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharaohsPaw View Post
I'm trying to use this plugin to get L4D to play a short MP3 file when a player connects to the server. The plugin does feed the mp3 file to the client (I tested this myself and it stores in under the sound dir in the client game tree) -- but it doesn't actually PLAY the file on the client. I'm wondering if maybe there is a different event that needs to be hooked for L4D player server joins.
The sound is getting played when the player in question joins, BEFORE they are actually in-game and before they spawn. It should be changed to play the sound when the player spawns for the 1st time instead of in OnClientPutInServer().
Lord_Blight
Old 01-10-2009 , 13:36   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #476

Work is getting out of control busy and i won't be timely replying to emails. Rather than make anyone wait who requests the Combo Monkey sound I made, I thought I just post it here. Feel free to use it.

Rename the file from .zip to .mp3
Attached Files
File Type: zip combomonkey2.zip (28.9 KB, 255 views)
God@Clan
Old 01-13-2009 , 19:11   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #477

Romanian translation included with the others
Attached Files
File Type: txt plugin.quakesounds.txt (7.6 KB, 172 views)
Muridias
Old 01-13-2009 , 19:16   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #478

These are UNREAL TOURNAMENT sounds. Not Quake.
Lebson506th
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2009 , 19:26   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #479

Who gives a crap?

The point is it plays sounds, what does it matter what its called?

And plus, Zuko said that already. Just scroll up till you see the giant blue letters.
DoD:S Admin Weapons

Links
Resistance and Liberation (A HL2 Multiplayer Modification)
Muridias
Old 01-13-2009 , 19:45   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebson506th View Post
Who gives a crap?

The point is it plays sounds, what does it matter what its called?

And plus, Zuko said that already. Just scroll up till you see the giant blue letters.
The question is why is it called quake sounds.