Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.1.1)

Post New Thread Reply   

-pk-
Old 02-16-2009 , 17:45   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.0.8)
Reply With Quote #31

The damage resets each round.

Last edited by -pk-; 02-16-2009 at 22:06.
OziOn
Old 02-17-2009 , 19:31   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.0.8)
Reply With Quote #32

Does this plugin take in account if the game is running on expert difficulty? Because if it doesn't, anyone who plays in expert mode WILL be banned Is it possible to disable the plugin all together when in expert mode?

-pk-
Old 02-17-2009 , 22:47   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.0.8)
Reply With Quote #33

Currently it does not check the difficulty. I have been thinking of how to approach that. I really don't want to make a new set of cvars for each difficulty, but I have to do something.

For expert, I am thinking of either disabling the limit (allowing l4d_ff_limit -1 and 0) or making a new limit for expert only that will ban after X incaps or player kills.

And for advanced I will either have to add new limits, or make a multiplier. I am thinking that a 5X multiplier would work fine for l4d_ff_limit and l4d_ff_teammate (and leave grenade limits alone), but this needs testing. If it works well enough I might not make this a cvar and leave it as a built-in feature.

Also I have finished a permban after X offenses within Y days, but this needs testing before release.
-pk-
Old 02-18-2009 , 18:53   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.1.0)
Reply With Quote #34

New version 1.1.0 is released. Config updated with new cvars.

- Expert difficulty, (if greater than 0) l4d_ff_limit will be set to 0 (saferoom only) and l4d_ff_teammate will be disabled automatically.
- Advanced difficulty, (if greater than 0) l4d_ff_limit and l4d_ff_teammate will be multiplied by 4.5, and l4d_ff_grenmin will be multilpied by 2.

- Add cvars l4d_ff_permban_x and l4d_ff_permban_y, X number of bans allowed within Y days until a player is permanently banned.
- If ban duration is set to 0, and l4d_ff_ban is set to 1 or 2, and l4d_ff_permban_y is greater than 0 Days, a player will recieve a warning instead of being banned. The player will be permanently banned once they reach l4d_ff_permban_x warnings/bans.

If you play on Advanced/Expert, any feedback on these changes is appreciated. I could add more cvars, but this plugin is already up to 12, so I don't want to add more unless people want them. I came up with the Advanced 4.5 multiplier by balancing the weapon stats for friendly-fire (mostly uzi, shotgun, rifle) : http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=778290

Last edited by -pk-; 02-18-2009 at 19:11.
AcidTester
Old 02-19-2009 , 10:23   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.1.0)
Reply With Quote #35

Also more easy versus tests will be avaible for people when madcap include vote difficulty in his vote manager 2
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...t=85364&page=3
Old 02-19-2009 , 11:19   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.1.0)
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by -pk- View Post
If you play on Advanced/Expert, any feedback on these changes is appreciated. I could add more cvars, but this plugin is already up to 12, so I don't want to add more unless people want them.
This plugins is pretty much perfect now.
Excellent job, -pk-!

Naow
Old 02-19-2009 , 13:14   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naow View Post
l4d_ff_announce 1 // 0 = Don't Announce, 1 = Announce Active/Inactive Status (limit = 0)

I dont see any announce active/inactive , i block TK only at the beginning.
Could you check pls if the announce is working during versus games ? Because i dont see anything on my server!
-pk-
Old 02-19-2009 , 17:23   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.1.0)
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naow View Post
Could you check pls if the announce is working during versus games ? Because i dont see anything on my server!
Yes announce is working in versus. Make sure you have l4d_ff_announce set to 1 in the l4d_ff_limit.cfg. If you use rcon to set them, they will be reset back to the config on each mapchange. You can check ingame what it is currently set to. If l4d_ff_announce is set to 1, Survivors should see the announcement (there is no announcement for infected).

If you downloaded the plugin using the Get Plugin link, try downloading the l4d_ff_limit.smx instead (this is the one I compiled with 1.2).

If that's not working, you may have to completely unload the plugin :
sm plugins unload l4d_ff_limit
sm plugins load l4d_ff_limit

If it's still not working, you may have an older version of sourcemod. I tested this on SM 1.2 build 2562.

Last edited by -pk-; 02-19-2009 at 18:08.
Darin
Old 02-19-2009 , 22:13   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.1.0)
Reply With Quote #39

This is great plugin and it works perfectly .

Last edited by Darin; 02-19-2009 at 22:16.
-pk-
Old 02-21-2009 , 19:48   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.1.1)
Reply With Quote #40

New version 1.1.1 is released.

- Players will now be logged when they receive a permban warning.
- Fix a player who is warned instead of being banned will no longer have their damage reset.
- Fix admins will no longer be notified that a player has reached the FF limit while the player is being banned.
..and some minor code optimizations.

Last edited by -pk-; 02-21-2009 at 19:52.