Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-15-2012 , 10:12   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.1 (Updated 8/4/2012)
Reply With Quote #2941

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildd View Post
Server console shows
I checked and in ultimate-mapchooser.cfg the command still is, so in next update, mby remove it from the *.cfg file
Good catch, I'll fix this for the next version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildd View Post
EDIT: Btw, just looked at plugins and saw this.. any idea why [UMC] Map Rate Reweight isn't loaded?
Well if I had to guess:
Quote:
Load Errors:
[UMC] Map Rate Reweight: Plugin "Map Rate" is not loaded.
You should probably read up on some of the documentation and enable only the modules you intend on using.
Old 08-15-2012 , 13:23   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.1 (Updated 8/4/2012)
Reply With Quote #2942

First off, awesome plugin, hats off. Definitely one of the most important plugins I run on my CS:S server.

I have some questions regarding the vote warning module. Some of the documentation leads me to believe that a vote warning would be given at some point based on mp_maxrounds. I'm not really sure if that is working or not. The way my server is configured, it's 16 wins, 31 rounds, or a 30 minute time limit. I do know that votes just pop up from time to time when they aren't expected, and the way I have everything else, I can't block slots unless I do a 2-pager, and I can hear the whining now about that, lol.

In cfg/sourcemod/umc-endvote-warnings.cfg, the filename was "", so I just changed it to the same as the one used for mp_timelimit. I don't see anything on the website about it, but in the config file, it does have a section sm_umc_endvote_winwarnings that is supposed to use mp_winlimit. I have that set to the same file as the time limit as well.

My questions are:
1. Is the round limit warning supposed to be working (as opposed to something that is a W.I.P.)?
2. If so, when is it/is it configurable? (1 round before last round, beginning of the last round, etc.)
3. Same questions regarding the win limit

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
wildd
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-16-2012 , 03:50   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.1 (Updated 8/4/2012)
Reply With Quote #2943

Steell thanks for hint to documentation I just thought that I can load all of them, now left only what I need
pumab
Old 08-16-2012 , 12:18   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.1 (Updated 8/4/2012)
Reply With Quote #2944

Im hosting srcds server with hl2mp and i had a problem that i was using rtv and when vote was in progressed the server crashed if someone say nextmap, so i donwloaded UMC3 and now i have even sourcemods admin menu crashing the server ... pls help!

[SM] Listing 39 plugins:
01 "Admin File Reader" (1.4.4) by AlliedModders LLC
02 "Admin Help" (1.4.4) by AlliedModders LLC
03 "Admin Menu" (1.4.4) by AlliedModders LLC
04 "Advanced HL2 Movement" (0.2.4) by Chanz
05 "Anti-Flood" (1.4.4) by AlliedModders LLC
06 "Basic Ban Commands" (1.4.4) by AlliedModders LLC
07 "Basic Chat" (1.4.4) by AlliedModders LLC
08 "Basic Comm Control" (1.4.4) by AlliedModders LLC
09 "Basic Commands" (1.4.4) by AlliedModders LLC
10 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.4.4) by AlliedModders LLC
11 "Client Preferences" (1.4.4) by AlliedModders LLC
12 "Country Nick Plugin" (1.1.1) by Antoine LIBERT aka AeN0
13 "Goremod" (5.3.2) by Joe 'Pinkfairie' Maley
14 "Fix Map Lasers" (1.0.0) by Chanz
15 "Fun Commands" (1.4.4) by AlliedModders LLC
16 "Fun Votes" (1.4.4) by AlliedModders LLC
17 "Player Commands" (1.4.4) by AlliedModders LLC
18 "Save Scores" (1.3.4) by exvel
19 "Show Damage" (1.0.7) by exvel
20 "Sound Commands" (1.4.4) by AlliedModders LLC
21 "Timeleft Hostname" (1.3) by Hell Phoenix
22 "[UMC] Admin Menu" (3.4.1) by Steell
23 <Failed> "[UMC] Built-in Voting" (3.4.1) by Steell
24 "[UMC] Ultimate Mapchooser Core" (3.4.1) by Steell
25 "[UMC] Echo Nextmap" (3.4.1) by Steell
26 "[UMC] End of Map Vote Warnings" (3.4.1) by Steell
27 "[UMC] End of Map Vote" (3.4.1) by Steell
28 "[UMC] Map Commands" (3.4.1) by Steell
29 <Error> "[UMC] Map Rate Reweight" (3.4.1) by Steell
30 "[UMC] Nominations" (3.4.1) by Steell
31 "[UMC] Player Count Monitor" (3.4.1) by Steell
32 "[UMC] Player Limits" (3.4.1) by Steell
33 "[UMC] Post-Played Exclusion" (3.4.1) by Sazpaimon and Steell
34 "[UMC] Prefix Exclusion" (3.4.1) by Steell
35 "[UMC] Random Cycle" (3.4.1) by Steell
36 "[UMC] Rock The Vote" (3.4.1) by Steell
37 "[UMC] Time Limits" (3.4.1) by Steell
38 "[UMC] Vote Command" (3.4.1) by Steell
39 "[UMC] Map Weight" (3.4.1) by Steell
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-16-2012 , 14:55   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.1 (Updated 8/4/2012)
Reply With Quote #2945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
I have some questions regarding the vote warning module.

My questions are:
1. Is the round limit warning supposed to be working (as opposed to something that is a W.I.P.)?
2. If so, when is it/is it configurable? (1 round before last round, beginning of the last round, etc.)
3. Same questions regarding the win limit
  1. Yes, round warnings are supported and should be working.
  2. They are configurable based on rounds before the vote is supposed to start, based on the sm_umc_endvote_startrounds cvar in umc-endvote.cfg. For example:
    Code:
    "vote_warnings"
    {
        "default"
        {
            "message"   "{TIME} more rounds until vote."
            "notification"   "C"
            "sound"   ""
        }

"5-2" {} // 5, 4, 3, and 2 rounds BEFORE the vote starts

"1"  //1 round before the vote starts
        {
            "message"   "1 more round until vote."
        }

"0"  //The vote is starting right now
        {
            "message"   "Vote Now!"
        }
    }
  3. mp_winlimit is supported the same way; warnings will be triggered at the end of the round, but it's based on which team is closest to the mp_winlimit cvar (similar to how warnings for mp_fraglimit work).
Old 08-16-2012 , 15:02   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.1 (Updated 8/4/2012)
Reply With Quote #2946

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumab View Post
Im hosting srcds server with hl2mp and i had a problem that i was using rtv and when vote was in progressed the server crashed if someone say nextmap, so i donwloaded UMC3 and now i have even sourcemods admin menu crashing the server ... pls help!
Sounds like a problem with your SourceMod installation. I'd recommend uninstalling UMC and any other plugins which do not come with SourceMod, and then getting help in the General section of the forum for your RTV/"nextmap" problem. Once that's fixed, then you can try to install new stuff.
Old 08-16-2012 , 16:32   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.1 (Updated 8/4/2012)
Reply With Quote #2947

As long as I'm here, if anyone has any idea on how the Mission selection works for TF2's MvM mode, it'd be nice to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumab View Post
See this thread.

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-16-2012 at 16:33.
cssBOT
Old 08-17-2012 , 01:23   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.1 (Updated 8/4/2012)
Reply With Quote #2948

update,

FYI, about the time you release 3.4.1 I also disabled using the mapcommands module at the same time. The server has been running for w/e it has been, 5 days more or more, but today again just stalls (no crash) with cpu load 100% on that core. It used do this (stall) within 24 hrs before 3.4.1 update and mapcommands module running.

Last edited by cssBOT; 08-17-2012 at 23:36. Reason: update:server stalled again
MrTHXcertified
Old 08-19-2012 , 07:01   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.1 (Updated 8/4/2012)
Reply With Quote #2949

Hi,

I am trying to use UMC map commands on a CS:GO server to allow players to switch between maps with different game modes. To do this, I have a pre-command on my map groups to change the game_type, game_mode, and mapgroup cvars to the appropriate values. These commands execute as expected right before the map change.

However, all of the game mode and game type specific convars in gamemodes_server.txt don't take effect until the server performs a *second* mapchange. So, e.g. when switching from classic competitive to arms race, the first arms race map will load with classic competitive rules still applied. This results in oddities like multiple round restarts and nobody being given a weapon since the weapon progression defined in gamemodes_server.txt hasn't yet taken effect. Change the map again to an arms race map, and this time it works perfectly.

Now, if I instead execute the precommands through RCON and issue a changelevel command manually, everything works as expected.

I guess my question is this: Does UMC/SourceMod use a mechanism for changing maps that differs from changelevel and would cause the server to fail to load the appropriate new game mode from gamemodes_server.txt? If so, would this be classified as a bug/feature request in UMC, SourceMod, or CS:GO?

Code:
"umc_mapcycle"
{
    "A Group" //Name this whatever you like
    {
        "maps_invote"   "6"
        "default_min_players"  "0"
        "default_max_players"  "12"
        "display-template"      "{MAP}"
        "pre-command"    "game_type 0;game_mode 1;mapgroup classic_pub"

//...other settings...

//Place maps here
        //-------------

de_dust2 { }
        de_aztec { }
        de_dust { }
        cs_office { }
        cs_italy { }
        de_nuke { }
        de_inferno { }

}

"GroupB"
    {
        "default_min_players"  "13"
        "default_max_players"  "19"
        "maps_invote"   "6"

de_dust2 { }
        de_aztec { }
        de_dust { }
        cs_office { }
        cs_italy { }
        de_nuke { }
        de_inferno { }

de_train { }
    }

"GroupC"
    {
        "default_min_players"  "20"
        "default_max_players"  "32"
        "maps_invote"   "6"

de_dust2 { }
        de_aztec { }
        de_dust { }
        cs_office { }
        cs_italy { }
        de_nuke { }
        de_inferno { }
        de_train { }

de_bank { }
        de_lake { }
        de_safehouse { }
        de_shorttrain { }
        de_stmarc { }
        de_sugarcane { }

}

"Arms Race"
    {
        "maps_invote"   "1"
        "display-template"      "Arms Race: {MAP}"
        "pre-command"    "game_type 1;game_mode 0;mapgroup mg_armsrace"

ar_baggage { }
        ar_shoots { }

}

}

Last edited by MrTHXcertified; 08-19-2012 at 07:07. Reason: Added logs/cfgs
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-19-2012 , 12:47   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.1 (Updated 8/4/2012)
Reply With Quote #2950

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTHXcertified View Post
Does UMC/SourceMod use a mechanism for changing maps that differs from changelevel and would cause the server to fail to load the appropriate new game mode from gamemodes_server.txt? If so, would this be classified as a bug/feature request in UMC, SourceMod, or CS:GO?
It's hard to say, but there are some things you can try.

First: try changing "pre-command" to "postvote-command". This will trigger those commands a bit earlier, which may be necessary. If this works, then UMC's "pre-command" is triggering too late in CS:GO (and possibly other mods as well).

If that doesn't work, try manually entering those commands, setting the next map with sm_setnextmap, and then waiting for the map to change.

Then, try manually entering those commands, and then change the map with sm_map (as opposed to changelevel).

If either of these do not work, then it's a problem with SM. If these do work, but changing UMC to "postvote-command" does not work, then it's most likely a problem with UMC.