3% 

[TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2012 , 00:52   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiDeD View Post
I have already done that for you here and here.
Oh, derp, shoulda looked first. Thanks!
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2012 , 04:21   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

and who all knows who this is ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	handy manny.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	110012  
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2012 , 09:02   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

handy manny? lol from the name of the picture
Darthmule
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-26-2012 , 09:09   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

So Freak Fortress has its own subforum now..

Last edited by Darthmule; 09-26-2012 at 09:09. Reason: it's > its
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-26-2012 , 11:31   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiDeD View Post
Only the insane would want to refactor the disaster eggman left. You'd really need to look into rewriting the entire plugin while keeping interoperability with existing plugins/bosses. (i.e.: same exposed natives/forwards, same expected keyvalues and config files).

If it were me and my community, and I had all the time in the world, I'd rewrite from scratch and scrap everything and write new boss config files.
If it comes down to it, then a re-write won't be out of the question. I still want to understand what's happening in the existing code so that I can do it better.

Retaining backwards compatibility is an important issue, and ideally nothing will change. However, that's likely to not be the case, so any changes introduced to boss plugins/configs will be minor. If a boss author is not willing to do minor updates to remain compatible, then I guess the boss wasn't too good to begin with.
Old 09-26-2012 , 14:24   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steell View Post
I finally have a follow-up to what I posted here about a month ago.

I am currently gathering a team of programmers to help me do a full fix-up of Freak Fortress 2. This means an in-depth documenting and refactoring of the code, and then fixing all of the issues that people have been reporting. Right now I have several people interested and we plan on beginning our work very soon (likely this weekend).

The plan is to spend as long as it takes (likely upwards of a month) to get FF2 as stable as possible. All development will be taking place in the GitHub repo I have set up. I mentioned this in my previous post, but if anyone would like to help out, what would really help get a jump start on the project is if people would submit bug reports to the GitHub in the Issues Tracker.

Once FF2 is stable, I will be assembling a team of dedicated game designers (programmers, artists/animators, map designers) to start releasing new polished bosses on a bi-weekly basis (ideally). We do intend on keeping the plugin modular so that the community can continue to create and submit their own bosses.

If anyone is interested in getting involved, feel free to shoot me a PM, or simply start contributing on GitHub!
I submitted some issues on GitHub. I prepared them for Eggman some time ago, but it seems he will not return to FF2 anymore.
Send a message via Skype™ to wasder
realwx
Old 09-26-2012 , 16:49   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

I've just contributed about 4 bugs to the issues section, maybe more depending on what our members report.
Old 09-28-2012 , 09:54   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

If you post bosses to this thread, they're going to be moved out into their own thread, as this thread will eventually be locked.

OK, since it's apparently fallen to me to make up a new package with the latest FF2, I want to make sure I have the latest FF2 components.

If there are newer versions than the ones linked here, let me know.

Plugin: 1.06h, from here
ff2_1st_set_abilities: The special_dropprop fixed version, from here
default_abilties: The old jump version, from here
CBS model: I will be independently evaluating these once I set my FF2 server back up this weekend. The ones I'll be checking are: CBS v3 (by FlaminSarge) and CBS v5 (by RavensBro). Points will be given for style!

In addition to the above, I'm tempted to include the entirety of stockmodels in the base install in order to encourage people making new bosses to use those models... but it sounds like FlaminSarge is still working on stockmodels v2.

Optional plugins, such as boss selection, won't be included in the base download. At least, not in this version.

Last edited by Powerlord; 09-28-2012 at 09:54.
Huntereb
>:) (:<
Old 09-28-2012 , 10:12   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Are you going to combine all of these into one package for simplicity? I would probably re-install the full package if you do just to make sure I have the latest files.

Looks good, but who are we going to trust to be the OP?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-28-2012 , 10:14   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntereb View Post
Are you going to combine all of these into one package for simplicity? I would probably re-install the full package if you do just to make sure I have the latest files.
That's the idea, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntereb View Post
Looks good, but who are we going to trust to be the OP?
You don't trust me to post it? I'm hurt.

The reason I said it's up to me is that I was talking to the other 3 (read: 2) mods on this board about it; FlaminSarge doesn't really have anything to do with FF2 and VoiDeD is leaving it up to me to decide which version to post in a sticky (and Eggman disappeared).

Last edited by Powerlord; 09-28-2012 at 10:16.
Closed Thread