Server Hop [v0.8.1, updated 2010-03-21]

Post New Thread Reply   

DoPe^
Veteran Member
Old 06-21-2012 , 14:55   Re: Server Hop [v0.8.1, updated 2010-03-21]
Reply With Quote #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
I take down servers all the time and I get this logged but it doesn't lag mine so not sure why you would be having this effect. If you don't intend to bring it back up then remove it from the config and reload the plugin/config.
well we do intend to bring it back up, but it's kinda hard to bring up a server that crashes when you are at work/school etc.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-21-2012 , 16:04   Re: Server Hop [v0.8.1, updated 2010-03-21]
Reply With Quote #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoPe^ View Post
well we do intend to bring it back up, but it's kinda hard to bring up a server that crashes when you are at work/school etc.
? how so.... server located on a dedicated machine you can't remote into from your phone?

however as I said in the mean time just edit the server out of the config from the other
DoPe^
Veteran Member
Old 06-21-2012 , 16:20   Re: Server Hop [v0.8.1, updated 2010-03-21]
Reply With Quote #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
? how so.... server located on a dedicated machine you can't remote into from your phone?

however as I said in the mean time just edit the server out of the config from the other
my phone dosnt support remote desktop
and editing the server out? ehh. well then theres really no reason running with the plugin is there?
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-21-2012 , 20:06   Re: Server Hop [v0.8.1, updated 2010-03-21]
Reply With Quote #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoPe^ View Post
my phone dosnt support remote desktop
and editing the server out? ehh. well then theres really no reason running with the plugin is there?
well I didn't know how many servers you run, in my case I have 12 servers going so I'd have to edit one out if I took one down not just turn the plugin off.
TheAvengers2
BANNED
Old 06-25-2012 , 02:57   Re: Server Hop [v0.8.1, updated 2010-03-21]
Reply With Quote #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin
Leaking handles, author inactive.
Where's asherkin at?! We've got another handle leaking mess here! stat, stat 51!

The plugin doesn't account for MenuAction_End to CloseHandle.

Regards,
TheAvengers2

Last edited by TheAvengers2; 06-25-2012 at 05:51.
daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-25-2012 , 06:39   Re: Server Hop [v0.8.1, updated 2010-03-21]
Reply With Quote #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAvengers2 View Post
Where's asherkin at?! We've got another handle leaking mess here! stat, stat 51!

The plugin doesn't account for MenuAction_End to CloseHandle.

Regards,
TheAvengers2
Seriously though, if you just publish the fixes too to help those who have the plugin that would be sweet

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d
TheAvengers2
BANNED
Old 06-25-2012 , 11:23   Re: Server Hop [v0.8.2, updated 2012-06-25]
Reply With Quote #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleGEND View Post
Seriously though, if you just publish the fixes too to help those who have the plugin that would be sweet
Ughmm, okay. I've attached an updated Server Hop (0.8.2).

I've increased the maximum amount of servers to 35 (5 pages)

There's also a few new cvars:
sm_hop_broadcast_prefix
sm_hop_advertise_prefix
sm_hop_exclude_current_server [0/1] - This is for lazy people (like me) who have several servers and spam the same config on all of them, but don't actually want the current server to be listed in the menu. BEWARE: This currently takes effect only during plugin start.

- AND -

sm_hop_regex

This can be used to extract the server name automatically rather than rely on the config file. Let's say your server name was:
[SM] WHERE'S ASHERKIN?! @ ALLIEDMODS.NET

However, you only wanted "WHERE'S ASHERKIN?!" to be listed in the menu. You would use:
sm_hop_regex (?<=\[SM] ).*(?=\ @ ALLIEDMODS.NET)

If you don't wanna use the regex, simply do: sm_hop_regex ""

If the regex happens to fail, then it'll fall back to the server names in the config.

Additionally, I removed those pesky socket errors from being logged. There's really no point to log any of that since you'll know it's down by checking the !hop menu.

My regards,
TheAvengers2

Edit: Looks like you can't send the color byte in the prefix variable (makes sense I guess). Removed downloads until I can fix it.

Edit: Fixed. If you tested the other copy, make sure to fix the two prefix variables in case they saved.
Attached Files
File Type: smx serverhop.smx (9.8 KB, 169 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (serverhop.sp - 174 views - 12.4 KB)
File Type: zip difference.html.zip (15.2 KB, 171 views)

Last edited by TheAvengers2; 06-25-2012 at 16:56. Reason: fixed
daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-25-2012 , 14:35   Re: Server Hop [v0.8.2, updated 2012-06-25]
Reply With Quote #248

Quote:
Ughmm, okay. I've attached an updated Server Hop (0.8.2).

I've increased the maximum amount of servers to 35 (5 pages)

There's also a few new cvars:
sm_hop_broadcast_prefix
sm_hop_advertise_prefix
sm_hop_exclude_current_server [0/1] - This is for lazy people (like me) who have several servers and spam the same config on all of them, but don't actually want the current server to be listed in the menu. BEWARE: This currently takes effect only during plugin start.

- AND -

sm_hop_regex

This can be used to extract the server name automatically rather than rely on the config file. Let's say your server name was:
[SM] WHERE'S ASHERKIN?! @ ALLIEDMODS.NET

However, you only wanted "WHERE'S ASHERKIN?!" to be listed in the menu. You would use:
sm_hop_regex (?<=\[SM] ).*(?=\ @ ALLIEDMODS.NET)

If you don't wanna use the regex, simply do: sm_hop_regex ""

If the regex happens to fail, then it'll fall back to the server names in the config.

Additionally, I removed those pesky socket errors from being logged. There's really no point to log any of that since you'll know it's down by checking the !hop menu.

My regards,
TheAvengers2

Edit: Looks like you can't send the color byte in the prefix variable (makes sense I guess). Removed downloads until I can fix it.

Edit: Fixed. If you tested the other copy, make sure to fix the two prefix variables in case they saved.
You da man.

Edit:
Uh oh

Quote:
L 06/25/2012 - 147:23: [SM] Plugin encountered error 22: Maximum number of parameters reached
L 06/25/2012 - 147:23: [SM] Native "VFormat" reported: Translation string formatted incorrectly - missing at least 1 parameters
L 06/25/2012 - 147:23: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "serverhop.smx":
L 06/25/2012 - 147:23: [SM] [0] Line 293, /home/srcds/scrim_1/css/cstrike/addons/sourcemod/scripting/include/halflife.inc:rintToChatAll()
L 06/25/2012 - 147:23: [SM] [1] Line 362, serverhop.sp::Advertise()
L 06/25/2012 - 147:23: [SM] [2] Line 337, serverhop.sp::CleanUp()

Last edited by daleGEND; 06-25-2012 at 14:40.
TheAvengers2
BANNED
Old 06-25-2012 , 15:00   Re: Server Hop [v0.8.1, updated 2010-03-21]
Reply With Quote #249

Heh, looks like you got my earlier upload which had corrupt prefix variables (can't send the color bytes that way, it seems).

Type these commands into server console:
sm_hop_advertise_prefix "{green}[{lightgreen}hop{green}]{default} "
sm_hop_broadcast_prefix "{green}[{lightgreen}hop{green}]{default} "

After doing that, check /cfg/sourcemod/plugins.serverhop.cfg to make sure the corrupt variables aren't in there as well.

Finally, update and reload the plugin with the newer copy in my other post (it adds support for {green}, etc).

Let me know if that resolves the errors. I haven't seen any errors on my servers since fixing the chat prefixes.

Edit: Actually, if you replace your config (/cfg/sourcemod/plugins.serverhop.cfg) with this one and update/reload the plugin, then all errors will subside.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg plugin.serverhop.cfg (1.3 KB, 207 views)

Last edited by TheAvengers2; 06-25-2012 at 15:10.
daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-25-2012 , 15:11   Re: Server Hop [v0.8.1, updated 2010-03-21]
Reply With Quote #250

Quote:
Heh, looks like you got my earlier upload which had corrupt prefix variables (can't send the color bytes that way, it seems).

Type these commands into server console:
sm_hop_advertise_prefix "{green}[{lightgreen}hop{green}]{default} "
sm_hop_broadcast_prefix "{green}[{lightgreen}hop{green}]{default} "

After doing that, check /cfg/sourcemod/plugins.serverhop.cfg to make sure the corrupt variables aren't in there as well.

Finally, update and reload the plugin with the newer copy in my other post (it adds support for {green}, etc).

Let me know if that resolves the errors. I haven't seen any errors on my servers since fixing the chat prefixes.

Edit: Actually, if you replace your config (/cfg/sourcemod/plugins.serverhop.cfg) with this one and reload the plugin, then all errors should certainly subside.
Actually here is my config file and I ran these commands currently and I'm still getting these error.
Quote:
-> sm_hop_advertise_prefix
"sm_hop_advertise_prefix" = "{green}[{lightgreen}bG{green}]{default} " ( def. "{green}[{lightgreen}hop{green}]{default} " )
- The prefix to advertisment messages-> sm_hop_broadcast_prefix
"sm_hop_broadcast_prefix" = "{green}[{lightgreen}bG{green}]{default} " ( def. "{green}[{lightgreen}hop{green}]{default} " )
- The prefix to broadcasts for when a player hops to another server
Did you make sure to reupload the compiled version and not just the uncompiled one?
Attached Files
File Type: cfg plugin.serverhop.cfg (1.4 KB, 180 views)

Last edited by daleGEND; 06-25-2012 at 15:15.