Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Unreal1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-30-2011 , 19:10   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart1066 View Post
I just finished uploading Warebloom b7. Its now available for download.

Do not worry about the nav file, its packed into the bsp.

Code:
-- Changelog --
---------------

- Added an entity for one of FlaminSarges upcoming updates to the mod around the door fix.
- Added health and ammo packs to the upstairs area.
- Expanded the vents.
- Retextured certain brushes.
- Increased the size of the doors in spawn to the camp spots.
- Moved a light prop in order to prevent a glitch were the player would become stuck.

Overlay.
Are you sure that packing the nav into the bsp works? I mean when I pack it in the nav doesnt seem to work... Also what entity did you add and why? Won't it just be downloaded with the new plugin files?
lionheart1066
Old 12-01-2011 , 14:32   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal1 View Post
Are you sure that packing the nav into the bsp works? I mean when I pack it in the nav doesnt seem to work... Also what entity did you add and why? Won't it just be downloaded with the new plugin files?
I had someone else test the nav_edit feature on the map after I had him download it, it works perfectly fine. Also that entity I put in is to tell the door fix plugin (when FlamingSarge adds the feature) to not force open the doors in the map.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 12-01-2011 , 16:20   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Btw, maybe i missed it. Is there a way to limit the amount of arrows, perhaps via a cvar?

Since he can shoot so many arrows.. as comparison. Vagineer and saxton and hhh have a lot more trouble winning
Old 12-01-2011 , 17:02   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
Btw, maybe i missed it. Is there a way to limit the amount of arrows, perhaps via a cvar?

Since he can shoot so many arrows.. as comparison. Vagineer and saxton and hhh have a lot more trouble winning
As far as I know the amount of arrows given is proportional to the number of players left alive, so that might be difficult.

Last edited by x6herbius; 12-01-2011 at 17:02.
Send a message via Skype™ to x6herbius
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 12-01-2011 , 21:47   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

I'm balancing the CBS's arrows thing soon.

Unreal1: an info_target with the name "no_door_fix"

Next update will also make it so that the Horsemann doesn't get stuck when he teleports into somebody who's crouching under something.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
Mzullos5
Old 12-01-2011 , 23:15   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Hey guys. Some time back on page 82 of this post, my friend r3dw3r3w0lf told you about a map I'm working on called 2fortdesk for vsh. I just wanted to let you guys know I uploaded the current version on GameBanana for anyone who wants it on there servers. Give it a look.

There's going to be a final version after this one but it's going to take a wile so I decided to hand out the current one now. Also please don't remove the Technowolf Gaming logo. Thank you.
x6herbius
Old 12-02-2011 , 13:04   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

I was just thinking: instead of forcing all doors in a map open by default, would it not be better to allow the door force open only for maps that are listed in a text file? That way, maps that the mechanism caused bugs on (like Megaman where forcing the doors open at the start of the round shows the closed areaportals) wouldn't be affected and the server operator could provide a list of maps instead. It would seem to make more sense since the majority of maps don't need it to happen.
Perfect Cell
Old 12-02-2011 , 17:45   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

First off, is there like a video tutorial on how to do this? I'm having trouble understanding how to do this(never really been good with computers).

Also, is it possible to make HHHJ super jump AND teleport? I believe Ozfur servers at one point had HHHJ able to do that.
x6herbius
Old 12-02-2011 , 17:50   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Cell View Post
First off, is there like a video tutorial on how to do this? I'm having trouble understanding how to do this(never really been good with computers).

Also, is it possible to make HHHJ super jump AND teleport? I believe Ozfur servers at one point had HHHJ able to do that.
I assume you mean "install the mod?" You'll need a dedicated server. The plugin itself just needs extracting once you've installed MetaMod/SourceMod, both of which I think have instructions on their sites.

As for the OzFur version of Saxton Hale, it's a private version AFAIK and unrelated to this one.
Perfect Cell
Old 12-02-2011 , 17:54   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Link to sourcemod please?

Also, so I suppose I can't put in Cave Johnson? I like using lemons.

Another dumb question, does I have to pay for dedicated servers?
Closed Thread