Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

x6herbius
Old 11-25-2011 , 16:08   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Would it be a good idea to have an option to toggle freezing of queue points on a client? If the points are frozen, the amount of points you have stays the same but you do not earn points or get considered for being chosen as Hale. I've often found myself ending up as Hale on the tail end of one map when I've thought "Wow, I'd really prefer the next map instead," especially when I've thought it would be more useful to play as Hale on my own map and be able to test things for myself. If people had an aversion to being Hale (a few people I know of just suicide when they become him) they they could also use the freeze function to stop themselves from being chosen instead of having to keep remembering to reset their points.
Send a message via Skype™ to x6herbius
Rd1981
Old 11-26-2011 , 16:21   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Is there a server cvar to enable the rocket jumper and does the hale mod have it disabled ?
x6herbius
Old 11-26-2011 , 17:53   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

[offtopic]
FlaminSarge: You played TF2 with notch?? http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...7DE9A133EF086/
[/offtopic]
BBG-Theory
Old 11-26-2011 , 18:18   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

on the surface, this request might sound like it should be in new plugin request section, but it is really most relevant to Saxton Hale as I will explain further down.

I would really love to have help getting a feature of controlling mic spamming. Mainly HLDJ. I understand we have the convar sv_allow_voice_from_file 1/0 to enable / disable HLDJ

The catch 22 I have is 50 % like music playing and the other 50% does not. Self regulated moderation simply does not work. Also, (here is the relevance to Saxton) is some of the super heros like CBS has in game music being played.

What would be nice is this:
if ingame music is active then sv_allow_voice_from_file = 0 otherwise
for first 5 mins ( or configed time) sv_allow_voice_from_file = 1
then when time expires, sv_allow_voice_from_file = 0
and so on, alternating between mic spamming being enabled vs disabled.
A ingame message of HLDJ is enabled / disabled would be cool with the toggled convar
the end result would be that of half the time hldj would be enabled, and the other half the time, disabled?

Thoughts???

Last edited by BBG-Theory; 11-26-2011 at 18:19.
Unreal1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-26-2011 , 18:23   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6herbius View Post
[offtopic]
FlaminSarge: You played TF2 with notch?? http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...7DE9A133EF086/
[/offtopic]
people can name themselves what they want. i can be Bill Gates for all I care
x6herbius
Old 11-26-2011 , 18:25   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal1 View Post
people can name themselves what they want. i can be Bill Gates for all I care
Ah, but I got the link from here: http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1335373...eam-fortress-2. Right at the bottom.

Last edited by x6herbius; 11-26-2011 at 18:29.
Unreal1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-26-2011 , 18:27   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG-Theory View Post
on the surface, this request might sound like it should be in new plugin request section, but it is really most relevant to Saxton Hale as I will explain further down.

I would really love to have help getting a feature of controlling mic spamming. Mainly HLDJ. I understand we have the convar sv_allow_voice_from_file 1/0 to enable / disable HLDJ

The catch 22 I have is 50 % like music playing and the other 50% does not. Self regulated moderation simply does not work. Also, (here is the relevance to Saxton) is some of the super heros like CBS has in game music being played.

A ingame message of HLDJ is enabled / disabled would be cool with the toggled convar
the end result would be that of half the time hldj would be enabled, and the other half the time, disabled?

Thoughts???
Would confuse and piss people off. I't won't stop people from mic spamming crap and ear-raping your servers, it will just encourage them to do it louder while mic spam is enabled.

Last edited by Unreal1; 11-26-2011 at 18:38.
x6herbius
Old 11-26-2011 , 18:28   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG-Theory View Post

Thoughts???
Would you be able to code it as a separate plugin that uses VSH forwards to check if the music is playing?
Unreal1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-26-2011 , 18:37   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6herbius View Post
Would it be a good idea to have an option to toggle freezing of queue points on a client? If the points are frozen, the amount of points you have stays the same but you do not earn points or get considered for being chosen as Hale. I've often found myself ending up as Hale on the tail end of one map when I've thought "Wow, I'd really prefer the next map instead," especially when I've thought it would be more useful to play as Hale on my own map and be able to test things for myself. If people had an aversion to being Hale a few people I know of just suicide when they become him) they they could also use the freeze function to stop themselves from being chosen instead of having to keep remembering to reset their points.
What if the entire server freezes their queue point? Who becomes hale? it's not a bad idea but I think its not something that needs immediate implementation.
x6herbius
Old 11-26-2011 , 18:41   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal1 View Post
What if the entire server freezes their queue point? Who becomes hale? it's not a bad idea but I think its not something that needs immediate implementation.
Well if everyone froze then the plugin would probably just treat everyone as unfrozen and continue as normal.
Closed Thread