Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Stuck Bug / Ducked Ladder Bugs Fixes

Post New Thread Reply   

NucL3ra
Veteran Member
Old 03-29-2011 , 15:39   Re: Stuck Bug Fix
Reply With Quote #11

What about fixing the delay when you start/stop defusing bomb (you can't shoot)
MPNumB
Veteran Member
Old 03-29-2011 , 16:07   Re: Stuck Bug / Ducked Ladder Bugs Fixes
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
To detect/fix if you are stucked you can try to play with PM_CheckStuck().
That's what I'm using in this plugin currently. However the thing is that executing that function twice isn't really good. Function itself is unsuccessfully trying to fix stuck bug at cost of some CPU. Therefor it would be better if I would be able to execute it once before the fix, and if original hl engine fix didn't work, than do my 0.03125 unit fix with a checking only position and not trying to edit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NucL3ra View Post
What about fixing the delay when you start/stop defusing bomb (you can't shoot)
That's not a bug. Without it you can spam start to defuse and by so flood logs. However yes, some time ago I was making a plugin what would fix many various grenade and c4 related bugs, but can't get my hands on to finish it.

// EDIT:

Updated to 1.1
Added: Bug fix for too high speed when moving away from ladder.
Changed: Renamed plugin from "Stuck Bug Fix" to "Stuck Bug / Ducked Ladder Bugs Fixes".
Changed: Slight CPU improvement for ladder fix.
Changed: Attached better demo examples.
* HotVision
___
Need help? Please check this documentation first.

Last edited by MPNumB; 03-29-2011 at 21:16.
Send a message via Skype™ to MPNumB
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 04-26-2011 , 04:50   Re: Stuck Bug / Ducked Ladder Bugs Fixes
Reply With Quote #13

Well coded.

Approved.
Old 04-19-2012 , 13:11   Re: Stuck Bug / Ducked Ladder Bugs Fixes
Reply With Quote #14

I can still get stuck in de_nuke between a car and red rocks if I'm trying enough ^ ^
Send a message via Skype™ to simple_user
h3h3
Old 04-21-2012 , 13:00   Re: Stuck Bug / Ducked Ladder Bugs Fixes
Reply With Quote #15

Any chance to get a version that have only the stuck bug, but no ducked-ladder?
I mean, the ducked ladder always been in CS and alot of tactics are now gone if you put this plugin.
MPNumB
Veteran Member
Old 04-22-2012 , 10:08   Re: Stuck Bug / Ducked Ladder Bugs Fixes
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple_user View Post
I can still get stuck in de_nuke between a car and red rocks if I'm trying enough ^ ^
Ya, that one isn't a technical stuck inside of a brush, so... I don't want to say it like this, but technically that's not the problem of this plugin. Also you should try learning that jump on your own, before actually doing it in public and getting in a way of those who can do it. I think we both know what I mean (and also the kz jumpers reading it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3h3 View Post
Any chance to get a version that have only the stuck bug, but no ducked-ladder?
I mean, the ducked ladder always been in CS and alot of tactics are now gone if you put this plugin.
What do you mean? What tactics? Being able to get on a ladder while holding duck, and getting off the ladder while remaining silent - I really think with this fixed, it's an advantage, and creates more tactics than removes. In fact I can't find no tactics what would make this glitch useful for the 'ladder climber'. Maybe it only makes things worse for opposed team (if enemy is skilled enough to remain sneaky), but hey, that's more strategies - not less.
* HotVision
___
h3h3
Old 04-22-2012 , 11:46   Re: Stuck Bug / Ducked Ladder Bugs Fixes
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPNumB View Post
Ya, that one isn't a technical stuck inside of a brush, so... I don't want to say it like this, but technically that's not the problem of this plugin. Also you should try learning that jump on your own, before actually doing it in public and getting in a way of those who can do it. I think we both know what I mean (and also the kz jumpers reading it).

What do you mean? What tactics? Being able to get on a ladder while holding duck, and getting off the ladder while remaining silent - I really think with this fixed, it's an advantage, and creates more tactics than removes. In fact I can't find no tactics what would make this glitch useful for the 'ladder climber'. Maybe it only makes things worse for opposed team (if enemy is skilled enough to remain sneaky), but hey, that's more strategies - not less.
Yeah, but, alot of players also in leagues doing that "sneaky ladder" thing to gain advatage, but you know what? ignore these pro cs1.6 who still doing it, but what about the "normal" players who know this? I mean, now-days, everyone who play CS1.6 enough is aknowledge of it and will probably know how to act, let the admins decide, but dont force them.

This "glitch" was always in CS1.6, so alot of players got used doing it and this move now days is tactic-based (simple example - We are T and we want to take control on A and we got 2 enemies in there - 1 enemy is on the ladder and one in the venta, so we will confuse them and do noises at Yard and let one of our guys to do the silent ladder and kill them both).
this thing is not a bug or glitch, is the way CS was created back than.

I think in general, people should have freedoom to choose the plugin they wanted on thier server.

So what I'm asking is if you can seperate the plugins and do 2 plugins - 1 for "ladder glitch" you called and the second for the stuck bug fix, is that possible to be make?
MPNumB
Veteran Member
Old 04-24-2012 , 05:43   Re: Stuck Bug / Ducked Ladder Bugs Fixes
Reply With Quote #18

I still don't fully understand what you mean. Nowadays at least in my experience I'm probably one of 10 people in my country who actually know that there may be moments to hold duck while on ladder, to gain advantage. And yes, I perfectly know that even without this bug fix, there are methods to get on ladder silent. But getting of the ladder - that's just a random thing (are you lucky enough to make sound or no).

My point is - if people are trying to be sneaky, so let them. Cause I remember many times when getting of the ladder messes up everything for everyone due to ducked stepsound. Or getting on top of the ladder sneaky - yes, it's possible, but hard. Best way is with doubleduck, but most people simply jump or try first a moment without duck, what gives them away.

I honestly don't see how this gives a disadvantage and limits tactical abilities. I'm removing an annoying glitch - not a useful one.

Also I must comment about "this bug being in CS for ever" - well actually only since 1.6. In 1.5 ducking on ladder simply made your noise less loud, but speed was identical to non-duck. Valve just like always didn't care to test what they've done.

Don't understand me wrong, I do perfectly agree that I cannot enforce plugins on the admins. But I'm the one choosing what features my plugins have. Where I'm going with this is that I still didn't heard/understood when being able to be more sneaky on the ladder gives disadvantage to the ladder climber.
* HotVision
___
GhostMan
Old 08-16-2013 , 08:44   Re: Stuck Bug / Ducked Ladder Bugs Fixes
Reply With Quote #19

I'm having problem with ladders in hns server too. Sometime when you go upwards ladders you just stuck and can't move eaither towards, backwards or jump from it. Would this plugin fix that too?
MPNumB
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2013 , 05:02   Re: Stuck Bug / Ducked Ladder Bugs Fixes
Reply With Quote #20

Never heard of that issue. I don't think it will fix that.
* HotVision
___