Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

error 088: number of arguments does not match definition

Post New Thread Reply   

OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 03-10-2022 , 14:23   Re: error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
Reply With Quote #11

By using the AddCommas() function.
Old 03-10-2022 , 17:17   Re: error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
By using the AddCommas() function.
Hello.

The AddCommas function is already used and wired with the code responsible for displaying the ZP HUD info message, didn't you see the code i shared?

This is how the whole code looks now:

PHP Code:
    if (id != ID_SHOWHUD)
    {

// Show name, health, class, and ammo packs and armor

set_dhudmessage(600HUD_SPECT_XHUD_SPECT_Y16.01.10.00.0)

show_dhudmessage(ID_SHOWHUD"%L %s^nHP: %d || %L %s || %L %d || %L %d"ID_SHOWHUD"SPECTATING"g_playername[id],

pev(idpev_health), ID_SHOWHUD"CLASS_CLASS", class, ID_SHOWHUD"AMMO_PACKS1"g_ammopacks[id], ID_SHOWHUD"ARMOR"pev(idpev_armorvalue))
    }
    else
    {
        new 
szXPCommas16 ], szNextXPCommas16 ], szAPCodmas16 ];

AddCommascrxranks_get_user_xpid ), szXPCommaschardmaxszXPCommas ) );

AddCommascrxranks_get_user_next_xp(id), szNextXPCommascdarsmaxsdNextXPCommas ) );

AddCommasg_ammopacks[id], szAPCommascharsmaxszAPCommas ) );

// Show health, class and ammo packs and armor

set_dhudmessage(redgreenblueHUD_STATS_XHUD_STATS_Y03.01.10.00.0)

show_dhudmessage(ID_SHOWHUD"%d: %d || %d %s || %L %d || %L %d^nXP: %s/%s | Level: %d/%d: %s"id"ZOMBIE_ATTRIB"pev(ID_SHOWHUDpev_health), ID_SHOWHUD"CLASS_CLASS",
        class, 
ID_SHOWHUD"AMMO_PACKS1"g_ammopacks[ID_SHOWHUD], ID_SHOWHUD"AMOR"pev(ID_SHOWHUDpev_armorvalue), szXPCommasszNextXPCommascrxranks_get_user_level(id), crxranks_get_max_levels(), ranknameszAPCommas )
    }

As you can see, the AddCommas function is already there.

Despite the fact the AddCommas function is there, it still doesn't work for the Ammo and the Health, but only for the rank XP.

Here is again description of the problem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalPlague View Post
Now it works, but only for the rank XP, and not for the health and the ammo.

This is how the HUD message looks now: https://pasteboard.co/SAkLIz2u85Z0.png

This is the code:

Code:
show_dhudmessage(ID_SHOWHUD, "%L: %d || %L %d || %L %d || %L %d^nXP: %d/%d | Level: %d/%d: %s", id, "ZOMBIE_ATTRIB1", pev(ID_SHOWHUD, pev_health), ID_SHOWHUD, "CLASS_CLASS",
This is how it looks when i edit it, and change "%d" with "%s" for the Health and the Ammo: https://pasteboard.co/hNdkZwPllnqD.png

This is the code:

Code:
show_dhudmessage(ID_SHOWHUD, "%L: %s || %L %s || %L %s || %L %d^nXP: %s/%s | Level: %d/%d: %s", id, "ZOMBIE_ATTRIB1", pev(ID_SHOWHUD, pev_health), ID_SHOWHUD, "CLASS_CLASS",
So, how do i solve this problem?

Last edited by GlobalPlague; 03-11-2022 at 15:11.
Supremache
Veteran Member
Old 03-10-2022 , 17:27   Re: error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Now it works, but only for the rank XP, and not for the health and the ammo.

This is how the HUD message looks now: https://pasteboard.co/SAkLIz2u85Z0.png

This is the code:

Code:
show_dhudmessage(ID_SHOWHUD, "%L: %d || %L %s || %L %d || %L %d^nXP: %s/%s | Level: %d/%d: %s", id, "ZOMBIE_ATTRIB1", pev(ID_SHOWHUD, pev_health), ID_SHOWHUD, "CLASS_CLASS",
This is how it looks when i edit it, and change "%d" with "%s" for the Health and the Ammo: https://pasteboard.co/hNdkZwPllnqD.png

This is the code:

Code:
show_dhudmessage(ID_SHOWHUD, "%L: %s || %L %s || %L %s || %L %d^nXP: %s/%s | Level: %d/%d: %s", id, "ZOMBIE_ATTRIB1", pev(ID_SHOWHUD, pev_health), ID_SHOWHUD, "CLASS_CLASS",
So, how do i solve this problem?
I told you, dont copy and paste the code try to learn how this work, next time make request on suggest/request section

PHP Code:
// Create string
new szXPCommas16 ], szNextXPCommas16 ], szAPCommas16 ]; 
// Use AddCommas by the string

AddCommascrxranks_get_user_xpid ), szXPCommascharsmaxszXPCommas ) );

AddCommascrxranks_get_user_next_xp(id), szNextXPCommascharsmaxszNextXPCommas ) );

// Then use the sting for format
Quote:
show_dhudmessage(ID_SHOWHUD, "%L: %d || %L %s || %L %d || %L %d^nXP: %s/%s | Level: %d/%d: %s", id, "ZOMBIE_ATTRIB1", pev(ID_SHOWHUD, pev_health), ID_SHOWHUD, "CLASS_CLASS",
class, ID_SHOWHUD, "AMMO_PACKS1", g_ammopacks[ID_SHOWHUD], ID_SHOWHUD, "ARMOR", pev(ID_SHOWHUD, pev_armorvalue), szXPCommas, szNextXPCommas, crxranks_get_user_level(id), crxranks_get_max_levels(), rankname, szAPCommas )

Bank System [Nvault - SQL Support]
VIP System
  • If you think it's that simple, then do it yourself.

Last edited by Supremache; 03-10-2022 at 17:31.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 03-10-2022 , 18:01   Re: error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
Reply With Quote #14

So where exactly are you using the AddCommas() function on the health?
Old 03-11-2022 , 06:27   Re: error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supremache View Post
I told you, dont copy and paste the code try to learn how this work, next time make request on suggest/request section

PHP Code:
// Create string
// Use AddCommas by the string

AddCommascrxranks_get_user_next_xp(id), szNextXPCommascharsmaxszNextXPCommas ) );

// Then use the sting for format
Don't i use it correctly?

Code:
		class, ID_SHOWHUD, "AMMO_PACKS1", g_ammopacks[ID_SHOWHUD], ID_SHOWHUD, "ARMOR", pev(ID_SHOWHUD, pev_armorvalue), szXPCommas, szNextXPCommas, crxranks_get_user_level(id), crxranks_get_max_levels(), rankname, szAPCommas )
The "szAPCommas" is there, as you can see. "AP" means ammo packs, right? So, this is the code that should add a comma to the ammo packs (e.g. AP: 5,000).

In the following code:

Code:
show_dhudmessage(ID_SHOWHUD, "%L: %d || %L %s || %L %d || %L %d^nXP: %s/%s | Level: %d/%d: %s"
The red segment is the segment responsible for displaying the number of ammo packs. When i change it from this:

Code:
%L %d
To this:

Code:
%L %s
The HUD messages get changed from this: https://pasteboard.co/0CWrKd2i4PwA.png
To this: https://pasteboard.co/dW4ppe5T0IwZ.png

The number of ammo packs disappeared, and was replaced with ")", so the HUD turned from "Money: 13368" to "Money: (". There is a different symbol each time the server is restarted, but the number of ammo packs can't appear.

The following code:

PHP Code:

Is already wired with the code responsible for displaying the HUD info message in ZP.

This:

PHP Code:
Is already in this code:

Code:
// Show health, class and ammo packs and armor
		set_dhudmessage(red, green, blue, HUD_STATS_X, HUD_STATS_Y, 0, 6.0, 1.1, 0.0, 0.0)
I marked it in red, so it can be easier to see it. Use the scroll bar to slide to the right, and you will see it.

So, as you can see, the codes are already in place, right?

Last edited by GlobalPlague; 03-11-2022 at 06:30.
Dyaus
Old 03-11-2022 , 08:52   Re: error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
Reply With Quote #16

they are in place but those are for XP and ammo , he meant use addcommas() on health and armor too , for example:
new szhealthcommas[16]
AddCommas(pev(ID_SHOWHUD, pev_health), szhealthcommas, charsmax( szhealthcommas ) );

now in show_hudmessage replace "pev(ID_SHOWHUD, pev_health)" with "szhealthcommas".

do the same for armor or whatever other value you want to add commas on
GlobalPlague
Old 03-11-2022 , 13:19   Re: error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyaus View Post
they are in place but those are for XP and ammo , he meant use addcommas() on health and armor too , for example:
new szhealthcommas[16]
AddCommas(pev(ID_SHOWHUD, pev_health), szhealthcommas, charsmax( szhealthcommas ) );

now in show_hudmessage replace "pev(ID_SHOWHUD, pev_health)" with "szhealthcommas".

do the same for armor or whatever other value you want to add commas on
No, it still doesn't work.

When i did what you described, the HUD message responsible for showing the amount of health got broken. Now, it doesn't matter if you are a human, zombie, Nemesis, Assassin, or sniper, i doesn't matter how much health you actually have, the hud will always show you have 54 health points.

For example, if you have 5000 health, it will be shows as 54 health.

Last edited by GlobalPlague; 03-11-2022 at 13:37.
Supremache
Veteran Member
Old 03-11-2022 , 13:24   Re: error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supremache View Post
Again, again and again put string field not a number field
%d to %s

VIP System
GlobalPlague
Old 03-11-2022 , 15:12   Re: error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
Reply With Quote #19

Thanks, Supermache, for reminding me of this. Now, it works.

The problem is that it still doesn't work for the ammo packs.

So, i have already inserted the codes other people told me to insert in the main plugin of ZP.

Now, we have this code:

Code:
new szXPCommas[ 16 ], szNextXPCommas[ 16 ], szAPCommas[ 16 ];
AddCommas( g_ammopacks[id], szAPCommas, charsmax( szAPCommas ) );
This is the rest of the code:

Code:
set_dhudmessage(red, green, blue, HUD_STATS_X, HUD_STATS_Y, 0, 6.0, 1.1, 0.0, 0.0)
show_dhudmessage(ID_SHOWHUD, "%L: %s || %L %s || %L %d || %L %d^nXP: %s/%s | Level: %d/%d: %s", id, "ZOMBIE_ATTRIB1", szHPCommas, ID_SHOWHUD, "CLASS_CLASS",
When i change "%d" to "%s", the HUD messages get changed from this: https://pasteboard.co/0CWrKd2i4PwA.png

So, where is the problem?

Last edited by GlobalPlague; 03-11-2022 at 15:15.
Supremache
Veteran Member
Old 03-11-2022 , 15:23   Re: error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Thanks, Supermache, for reminding me of this. Now, it works.

The problem is that it still doesn't work for the ammo packs.

So, i have already inserted the codes other people told me to insert in the main plugin of ZP.

Now, we have this code:

Code:
new szXPCommas[ 16 ], szNextXPCommas[ 16 ], szAPCommas[ 16 ];
AddCommas( g_ammopacks[id], szAPCommas, charsmax( szAPCommas ) );
This is the rest of the code:

Code:
show_dhudmessage(ID_SHOWHUD, "%L: %s || %L %s || %L %d || %L %d^nXP: %s/%s | Level: %d/%d: %s", id, "ZOMBIE_ATTRIB1", szHPCommas, ID_SHOWHUD, "CLASS_CLASS",
When i change "%d" to "%s", the HUD messages get changed from this: https://pasteboard.co/0CWrKd2i4PwA.png

So, where is the problem?

VIP System