Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)

Post New Thread Reply   

Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 10-28-2008 , 18:42   Re: Galileo 1.0.255 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #171

@L33t_Of_Lag:

Dude. This thread is about Galileo, not any issues you're having unrelated to it. There's no need to continue posting unless you have a question or comment regarding THIS PLUGIN itself. Do not bother responding unless you do.

@bmann_420:

I win! j/k

Missing any features from DMM that you really, really wish were in Galileo?
Old 10-28-2008 , 19:03   Re: Galileo 1.0.255 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #172

lol

A cvar for HUD nominated maps. (in the top of the screen) lol That aint nothin crazy, i know you take these on your other site tho. But I just simply think its a smarter and more efficient map handler. DMM is just more "loud" in itself is really all.

I still use ejl search maps so it shows in the HUD in the left of the screen tho, i diddnt think gal did that, only in console.
Old 10-28-2008 , 19:08   Re: Galileo 1.0.255 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #173

Thats funny, giving background on my issue and asking weather or not this plugin would fix it is wrong? lol

http://www.fgcgaming.com
Send a message via MSN to L33t_Of_Lag
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 10-28-2008 , 19:31   Re: Galileo 1.0.255 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann_420 View Post
A cvar for HUD nominated maps. (in the top of the screen)
Showing them all the time, every x minutes, or on command? If on command, if that the same as "noms" in Galileo, only printed as a HUD message rather than a chat line?

Quote:
But I just simply think its a smarter and more efficient map handler. DMM is just more "loud" in itself is really all.
Thank you. One of the goals of this plugin was to make it unobtrusive unless a player called for whatever information.

Quote:
I still use ejl search maps so it shows in the HUD in the left of the screen tho, i diddnt think gal did that, only in console.
Is that the plugin that allows you to search for maps? If so, is it basically the same as doing "nom partialMapName" in Galileo?
Old 10-28-2008 , 21:33   Re: Galileo 1.0.255 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #175

To the first, yea, it will show every 3-5 minutes whats nominated or not in the above.

To the third, i type in chat, find paintball, in the right (i mean right in the first post) it will show in a HUD what maps are relative to that name in your maps folder. and they print also in the console. Its mainly meant so you dont have to go into the console, you see them in game and nominate them while playing.
Old 10-28-2008 , 21:58   Re: Galileo 1.0.255 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #176

Quote:
To the third, i type in chat, find paintball, in the right (i mean right in the first post) it will show in a HUD what maps are relative to that name in your maps folder. and they print also in the console. Its mainly meant so you dont have to go into the console, you see them in game and nominate them while playing.
That is the same, pretty much, as typing "nom partialMapName" in chat. Only it doesn't print it to console, it just shows it as a menu on the screen. It's pretty nice, if I do say so myself. Definitely try it. I think you'll like it!
Old 10-28-2008 , 23:03   Re: Galileo 1.0.255 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #177

I understand that, but nom = nominating, if you dont know the map name, you have to find it, that is what the find is for. Im not sure if were on the right page.

Cause I get what your saying without the cs_ or de_ or pb_ in front of it, but if you dont know the map name, you can do it, and its easier to find it in game than console.

Last edited by bmann_420; 10-28-2008 at 23:06.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 10-29-2008 , 09:34   Re: Galileo 1.0.255 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #178

I wrote a long response but it all boiled down to, "just try it", so I removed it.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. The "nom" command is essentially a map search tool.
Old 10-29-2008 , 10:01   Re: Galileo 1.0.255 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #179

Screen shots of the "nom" map search feature.

First Image:

What is shown when I type the following on my Assault server:
Quote:
nom mini
You can see that the current map isn't available for nominations.

Second Image:

Shows the confirmation of nomination I made, after I had selected "1" for "cs_assault_mini".

Third Image:

Shows after I typed:
Quote:
nom de_
Again, you can see that one of the maps is disabled because it is the current map.

Forth Image:

Shows after I typed:
Quote:
nom cs_
You can see a few maps disabled here, with various reasons why.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nom_mini.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	33142   Click image for larger version

Name:	nomd_mini.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	33143   Click image for larger version

Name:	nom_de_.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	33144   Click image for larger version

Name:	nom_cs_.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	33145  
Old 10-29-2008 , 22:17   Re: Galileo 1.0.255 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
How does it switch to those maps? Because they were included in a vote? When no one is on the server? Suddenly and without warning?
Seems you knew of this 'new' issue before? I have seen a few problems lately and I am not sure one of them is related to Galileo. First, sometimes the server just crashes without warning or 'reason' immediately back to my default map (water-run). Second, which I am quite sure IS related to Galileo, when my server HAS been in use, the map SUDDENLY changes without warning. It went from one map directly to water-run without vote/statement/countdown.

It's a great plugin that I and everyone else practically on my server love, but still a couple nuances.

Thanks Brad.

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!