3% 

[ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20

Post New Thread Reply   

Burnt Waflles
Old 09-12-2012 , 10:12   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
This only means that those with access to cheats flag can use it - or someone with say Z that has access to everything. If you want change it - make it ADMFLAG_BAN or ADMFLAG_SLAY or if you want to assign it to a custom then ADMFLAG_CUSTOM1 for example.

Ah that makes perfect sense. Thanks a ton. I've got mild scripting/coding knowledge, but wasn't sure if it was activating the flag or not.

i feel stupid now since i didnt realize that regadmincmd just oulines a name of a command, the action, and which type of flag a person must have to use it. I was having a difficult time simply finding out when/where flags were interchangeable so i never thought to actually look up the name of the function used.
Burnt Waflles
Old 09-12-2012 , 10:37   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #152

Sorry for so much posting, but this is the last one. I was mistakenly thinking(for some reason) that it was using sm_admin instead of sm_resize for the command check:

"CheckCommandAccess(i, "sm_resize", ADMFLAG_CHEATS)"

upon realizing this i was slightly confused, is it checking if sm_resize has already been installed in server? or is it checking if the command sm_resize has been created within the file?
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-12-2012 , 11:24   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #153

no, it's checking if the person executing the sm_resize command has access to the command or has the admin flag of CHEATS.
Old 09-12-2012 , 13:40   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
no, it's checking if the person executing the sm_resize command has access to the command or has the admin flag of CHEATS.
yeah i figured that out in the middle of class. it was too early in the morning for me to think straight. But thanks a lot anyway. I appreciate it
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2012 , 16:13   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #155

Yes, as you've gathered by now the script's sm_resize command only requires an admin with the cheats flag, n, or all flags, z. It won't make the server any less secure or something. It's just a flag. Your Server Operator can override the flag used via configs/admin_overrides.cfg.

In the small portion of code you posted, CheckCommandAccess will check to see if an override was used for sm_resize, then act with that information. If an override can't be found, the cheats flag, n, will be used by default, as expected.

Let me know what you think of the plugin.
Old 09-12-2012 , 16:28   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11530 View Post
Yes, as you've gathered by now the script's sm_resize command only requires an admin with the cheats flag, n, or all flags, z. It won't make the server any less secure or something. It's just a flag. Your Server Operator can override the flag used via configs/admin_overrides.cfg.

In the small portion of code you posted, CheckCommandAccess will check to see if an override was used for sm_resize, then act with that information. If an override can't be found, the cheats flag, n, will be used by default, as expected.

Let me know what you think of the plugin.
Yep, i understand all that now. Thanks again. Our group doesn't really have anyone with too much knowledge about this stuff so i took it upon myself to study up on it. I have some knowledge of coding with java, so the syntax is what confused me some.

Overall though its an awesome plugin that provides quite a bit of entertainment for our members. We only had to remove it because of the lack of knowledge of coding. But now that i've got it straightened out we may be able to put it back on our server relatively soon. Thanks for the plugin, and thanks, i suppose, for the opportunity to learn a bit as well.
Antlions
Old 09-12-2012 , 17:57   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #157

hey is there a way u can make a seperate voice plugin and can set ur pitch cause i got tf2 model manager and put femme pyro on it and there is no way to lower pitch without resize
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 09-13-2012 , 16:22   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #158

Edit: Nevermind, saw the update in first post.

Last edited by Mr. Man; 09-13-2012 at 16:23.
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 09-13-2012 , 18:24   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlions View Post
hey is there a way u can make a seperate voice plugin and can set ur pitch cause i got tf2 model manager and put femme pyro on it and there is no way to lower pitch without resize
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=187986
armourbearer
Old 09-14-2012 , 10:32   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #160

plugin failed to compile!