Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4

Post New Thread Reply   

zyrphon
Old 02-02-2013 , 19:43   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1011

My server crashes on join when this is installed. And of course no errors are reported.
Hungry Hoovy Hotel - 74.91.119.21:27015
What The Hale?! - 74.91.119.21:27016
TheSpah
Old 02-08-2013 , 08:50   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1012

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how to use the forcertd command? Whenever I try to force rtd on someone it says: No valid targets available. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-09-2013 , 17:46   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1013

New version of RTD: 0.4.4!
  • Fixed arena round logic and tweaked the IsInRound detection code. Added a cvar sm_rtd_setup to set whether you can roll during setup. Default is 1 (yes).
  • Added two cvars: sm_rtd_dispenser_keep & sm_rtd_sentry_keep to set whether dispensers and sentries spawned during their respective perks will stay after the effect is over. By default the dispensers will stay, sentries will not. (1 and 0).
  • Added two perks: big head and tiny player. You can set the size by sm_rtd_bighead_scale and sm_rtd_tinyplayer_scale. (Default 3.0 and 0.1 respectively).
  • Added a cvar sm_rtd_respawn_stuck to set whether the plugin should respawn players if they appear to be stuck after the tiny player or noclip perks. Default is yes (1).
  • Fixed a bug where deaths by non-player causes did not trigger the RTD effect termination.
  • Fixed advert on round start showing when the rtd is disabled or when the round isn't ready. (Thanks Hinchy)

I looked into using Freeze Tag's freeze effect but it appears they use a custom model, which I do not want to include with this plugin. Still open to ideas about the freeze effect. I'd like to improve it. I considered the team glow perk but it's not possible to show the glow to one player. So the entire team would glow to the entire enemy team. I just thought this affected too many players. Let me know if I'm wrong on this.

I changed the part that detects whether the game is in a round or not for the purposes of allowing players to roll. Let me know if you get the 'Wait for the round to start.' message unexpectedly and tell me the map/when it happened. I tested mvm (works during waves), plr, arena, cp and they worked fine.

Last edited by pheadxdll; 02-09-2013 at 17:57.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-09-2013 , 19:07   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1014

added new RTD - I can't remember if this was an issue before or what but as a pyro for example - I RTD I get low gravity and I hear the scouts voice "Gravity, who gives a damn about gravity?" speak.... issue?
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 02-09-2013 , 19:17   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1015

Thanks for the update.
For some reason I think someone gained godmode when they rolled instant kills. It might have been a coincidence though.

Last edited by Sreaper; 02-09-2013 at 19:18.
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-09-2013 , 19:59   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
added new RTD - I can't remember if this was an issue before or what but as a pyro for example - I RTD I get low gravity and I hear the scouts voice "Gravity, who gives a damn about gravity?" speak.... issue?
The sounds don't have to match the current class of the player. Couldn't recreate the godmode issue so it seems unrelated.

Last edited by pheadxdll; 02-09-2013 at 20:07.
PolyQuad
Old 02-09-2013 , 21:10   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1017

Yeah everything seems to be working fine for me except sm_rtd_setup.

Ok so spamming rtd during setup finally allowed me to roll but it doesnt do it on the first try. Or maybe its not telling me someone else is rolling?

Edit: ok this is how it is supposed to work, i thought we could roll during waiting for players, not setup. Everything looks good, no problems so far.

Last edited by PolyQuad; 02-09-2013 at 21:52.
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-09-2013 , 22:41   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1018

I just uploaded a new version to fix rolls not working during sudden death.
Old 02-10-2013 , 00:04   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1019

Quote:
Added two perks: big head and tiny player. You can set the size by sm_rtd_bighead_scale and sm_rtd_tinyplayer_scale. (Default 3.0 and 0.1 respectively).
I see you classified big head as a bad roll. I guess it would be considered bad if you're standing out as having a big head but in a way it is a good roll against snipers. My understanding is the hitbox doesn't change when the head is resized. This in effect throws snipers off.

I currently run Resize Players and have everyone's head resized by default. If you should roll a resized head, will it resize it to 1.0 after the effect or will it go back to it's original size? I suppose I could just disable that perk.

Last edited by CuriousG; 02-10-2013 at 00:09.
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-10-2013 , 00:37   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1020

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousG View Post
I see you classified big head as a bad roll. I guess it would be considered bad if you're standing out as having a big head but in a way it is a good roll against snipers. My understanding is the hitbox doesn't change when the head is resized. This in effect throws snipers off.

I currently run Resize Players and have everyone's head resized by default. If you should roll a resized head, will it resize it to 1.0 after the effect or will it go back to it's original size? I suppose I could just disable that perk.
Well, I considered it like nostalgia, where the net benefit is essentially zero. As for big head, you're probably better off disabling it. If you rolled it, the two plugins would fight over setting the netprop. I think my plugin would win! It wouldn't hurt anything or cause any problems besides the effect not working.

Last edited by pheadxdll; 02-10-2013 at 00:37.