deathcurse
Old 10-08-2009 , 20:22   Re: Simple Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #81

Done
Old 10-09-2009 , 17:26   Re: Simple Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodleboy347 View Post
So I have to register an account on there just to report a bug? Why am I disallowed from posting it in this thread? Where's the convenience?
I am currently working on numerous development projects, not just Simple Plugins or specifically this plugin. I forget things all the time, and the whole purpose of sites like the project site is to give me to do lists. You are correct that there is no real convenience for you, it is more for me and the history of the plugin than anything else.

To expand on what DWN said, it does provide nice and neat roadmaps to new versions. Items listed are completed before the new version is released.

As a side note. This project is part of Interwave Studios and registering at this site allows you to not only submit bugs and features for Simple Plugins, but also Sourcebans, and HLstatsx:CE. In addition, submitting issues allows you to see, or be notified, about updates and revisions that apply to your bug or feature. So there are benefits for you as well, given the slight inconvenience of registering and doing it on another site.

When you think about asking a question... consider what have you tried?
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 10-10-2009 , 00:42   Re: Simple Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #83

It pretty much comes down to... the plugin is being offered for free as is, if you want to help and participate in making it better you can register on the site. In the end, the fixes that are made will benefit you and everyone else.

noodleboy347
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-10-2009 , 01:30   Re: Simple Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithasys View Post
I am currently working on numerous development projects, not just Simple Plugins or specifically this plugin. I forget things all the time, and the whole purpose of sites like the project site is to give me to do lists. You are correct that there is no real convenience for you, it is more for me and the history of the plugin than anything else.

To expand on what DWN said, it does provide nice and neat roadmaps to new versions. Items listed are completed before the new version is released.

As a side note. This project is part of Interwave Studios and registering at this site allows you to not only submit bugs and features for Simple Plugins, but also Sourcebans, and HLstatsx:CE. In addition, submitting issues allows you to see, or be notified, about updates and revisions that apply to your bug or feature. So there are benefits for you as well, given the slight inconvenience of registering and doing it on another site.
Alright, I understand now. I wouldn't want to be overwhelmed searching through various topics for specific posts every update.
fusionhead
Old 10-15-2009 , 14:59   Re: Simple Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #85

I've got it installed and it is working on my hl2dm server. However I noticed that admin chat is working but it's somehow breaking an eventscripts mod that I have installed (event2sound). You know, where you type lol and you hear laughing, etc. Sounds for non-admins work fine. If I disable and unload this mod, my event2sound works again.

Any ideas? I took a quick look at the your code but didn't see the cause. When I look in the logs, the chat for admins and non-admins looks the same.

Cheers,

Fusionhead (www.fusionhead.com)
Antithasys
Old 10-17-2009 , 17:36   Re: Simple Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionhead View Post
I've got it installed and it is working on my hl2dm server. However I noticed that admin chat is working but it's somehow breaking an eventscripts mod that I have installed (event2sound). You know, where you type lol and you hear laughing, etc. Sounds for non-admins work fine. If I disable and unload this mod, my event2sound works again.

Any ideas? I took a quick look at the your code but didn't see the cause. When I look in the logs, the chat for admins and non-admins looks the same.

Cheers,

Fusionhead (www.fusionhead.com)
Yes I can see this happening. What this plugin does is intercept chat messages. In essence, I grab the chat message and if we are supposed to color it up, I stop the original message. By stopping the original message, any additional hooks of the say or say_team commands will not run. I then format the message with colors, etc, and then Print the message to everyones screen. Mind you, reproducing the message by printing it out to all the clients is in no way the same thing as sending a chat message. In order to "reproduce" the chat message, I also log the event as it if really was a chat message, even thou it is not. That is why the log events look the same.

If you have a chat "trigger" that is not using the sourcemod trigger system then it would not work with this plugin installed. At least with version 1.0.2. There is a feature request with the next version for excluded chat commands and that is what you need to make it work with your other plugin. That feature is actually what is holding up the next release... I have to redo the way the config file is read. Anyway, look for version 1.0.3 soon and that will solve your problem.

When you think about asking a question... consider what have you tried?
nicoh
Old 10-18-2009 , 00:03   Re: Simple Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #87

I have a problem with the left 4 dead ... when I'm dead infected leaves "dead" in front of the nick and everyone knows that died 1 infected help me

Last edited by nicoh; 10-20-2009 at 19:59.
nicoh
Old 10-20-2009 , 20:30   Re: Simple Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #88

help me ?
Mems
Old 10-20-2009 , 21:20   Re: Simple Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #89

This is conflicting with HLSX:Community Edition. Typing stats or rank shows the user saying said word when it should be hidden.
Also, typing "place" does the same BUT ALSO prints the rank to chat twice. Strangely enough, typing this in capitals prints it only once.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 10-20-2009 , 21:29   Re: Simple Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #90

Both of you make sure you have the latest version; these were both bugs supposed to be fixed already.