Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D1+2] Perkmod

Post New Thread Reply   

AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2009 , 13:36   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #141

A value of 0.5 for Dead Wreckening works fine for me - Zombiehit equals 3 damage in versus, not 4.

As for the aminating problem, after some research im afraid that one is as old as the Source Engine itself, being a problem of clientside prediction, and can only be remedied by disabling serverside animation tracking.

http://www.mail-archive.com/hlcoders.../msg16008.html

I've managed to partially remove the second reload animation from showing. I set the animspeed after the 'fast' reload to 0.1 so its frozen more or less (again, clientside prediction causes twitching) and is reset to 1.0 only after the entire duration of a 'normal' reload. This doesnt work always and looks dodgy itself, but its something atleast.

Also, i've had a great idea for a (noncvar) Smokerperk, "Slingshot Stickytongue", and coded it ... it jerks your victim up and toward you. Like, over a small fence or railing .. muahaha its so funny ingame ^^

Last edited by AtomicStryker; 08-17-2009 at 13:39.
Ray-Z
Old 08-18-2009 , 19:59   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #142

Your mod is awesome, I've played this on several servers so far.

I got a problem on my server tho....

The Perks show in the beginning but when people want to view it by putting !perks or !perk it doesn't display the perks menu

Any solutions?

thx in advance
psykeman420
Old 08-19-2009 , 00:30   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #143

one of the regulars on my server was wondering if there was a way to make perks randomly assigned to people at the start of each round vs choice, kind of like the survivor upgrades plugin but with these perks instead
turktheturd
Old 08-20-2009 , 16:36   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #144

I have forcemission change,r auto afk, versus spectator and this plugin:

1-sometimes missions never end; even if everyone is dead; mission will not reload, switch

2-afk and spec plugins wont work

now testing without afk/spec mods.

Last edited by turktheturd; 08-20-2009 at 17:20.
Edhmelus
Old 08-21-2009 , 09:37   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by turktheturd View Post
I have forcemission change,r auto afk, versus spectator and this plugin:

1-sometimes missions never end; even if everyone is dead; mission will not reload, switch

2-afk and spec plugins wont work

now testing without afk/spec mods.

Most plugins are not set out to work with eachother

AFK timer of 15 seconds or such should be removed anyway. You can remove them by yourself using sourcemod.

Also. a forcemissionchanger just so you can play 4-5 campaigns in one row? Geez.. Just use the lobby system ._.

You probably just have too many plugins. It happens.

Server is using Perkmod and we are in love with the Grasshopper, Toungetwister and other things.

We are also currently recruiting (EU) people only. Going to merge with another clan soon and change from Eternal Silence.
tPoncho
Old 08-21-2009 , 21:54   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #146

Hey guys,

So as you've probably guessed, I'm quite busy over on my end =X I am working on another update, but this one will quite likely be the last one, barring any more major bugs. With classes starting in a few weeks I don't think I'll be able to maintain this mod >_< however, when L4D2 comes out, and after the Sourcemod guys get it working with Sourcemod, I may work on getting Perkmod to work with L4D2, maybe even throw in some perks for whatever new player infected they have... but that is a long way off =P

For the next update, perks that mess with CVars will no longer touch those CVars if they are disabled, and some perks that could still be useful without CVar adjustments (Helping Hand and Blind Luck) will have a new CVar to just disable CVar adjustments. I'll probably take Edhmelus' and AtomicStryker's advice and reduce the default damage multiplier for Dead Wreckening from 2.0 to 1.5. And with any luck I'll find a workaround for Double Trouble losing a tank when both are alive and one gets frustrated... cleanest way I can think of is preventing the tanks from becoming frustrated in the first place, and if one dies then allow the remaining tank to become frustrated. If you guys think that's making an attractive perk too much, maybe I'll think of something else =P

@ psykeman420: That's actually a very good idea, so I'm going to work something out for the upcoming release. Maybe a choice for the player to randomize their perks, and an option for the server admin to force random perks on players.

@ AtomicStryker: Wow, you certainly did a bit of research =P well, how did your method work out? What happens when you play another animation before the "normal" reload time is up, like if you melee or something? Is the animation rate okay and all?

And that perk idea is pretty sweet heh, imagine if you made it like your Ghost Pouncing plugin where if you hit 'reload' or something you could jerk them up at will... would spell insta-death in some cases but that'd be good for some laughs =P and shrieks too

@ Ray-Z: Hmm.. Do the perks work otherwise? Do you have any other plugins that work off of or modify chat? Haven't run into that problem myself, and nobody's reported a similar problem... so other plugins conflicting with mine would be my first guess. However, I'm still a sourcemod newb to be completely honest =P so I really have no clue

@ turktheturd: I hate to say it, but Edhmelus probably has the right of it... Seems like a lot of plugins just refuse to work with each other - and seeing how mine does a ton of stuff, it probably won't work very well with most other plugins >_< I'm sorry, I wish I could help more, but when it comes to multi-plugin interactions I really have no clue what I'm doing
Nightmarexxx
Old 08-22-2009 , 00:06   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by tPoncho View Post
Hey guys,

So as you've probably guessed, I'm quite busy over on my end =X I am working on another update, but this one will quite likely be the last one, barring any more major bugs. With classes starting in a few weeks I don't think I'll be able to maintain this mod >_< however, when L4D2 comes out, and after the Sourcemod guys get it working with Sourcemod, I may work on getting Perkmod to work with L4D2, maybe even throw in some perks for whatever new player infected they have... but that is a long way off =P

For the next update, perks that mess with CVars will no longer touch those CVars if they are disabled, and some perks that could still be useful without CVar adjustments (Helping Hand and Blind Luck) will have a new CVar to just disable CVar adjustments. I'll probably take Edhmelus' and AtomicStryker's advice and reduce the default damage multiplier for Dead Wreckening from 2.0 to 1.5. And with any luck I'll find a workaround for Double Trouble losing a tank when both are alive and one gets frustrated... cleanest way I can think of is preventing the tanks from becoming frustrated in the first place, and if one dies then allow the remaining tank to become frustrated. If you guys think that's making an attractive perk too much, maybe I'll think of something else =P

@ psykeman420: That's actually a very good idea, so I'm going to work something out for the upcoming release. Maybe a choice for the player to randomize their perks, and an option for the server admin to force random perks on players.

@ AtomicStryker: Wow, you certainly did a bit of research =P well, how did your method work out? What happens when you play another animation before the "normal" reload time is up, like if you melee or something? Is the animation rate okay and all?

And that perk idea is pretty sweet heh, imagine if you made it like your Ghost Pouncing plugin where if you hit 'reload' or something you could jerk them up at will... would spell insta-death in some cases but that'd be good for some laughs =P and shrieks too

@ Ray-Z: Hmm.. Do the perks work otherwise? Do you have any other plugins that work off of or modify chat? Haven't run into that problem myself, and nobody's reported a similar problem... so other plugins conflicting with mine would be my first guess. However, I'm still a sourcemod newb to be completely honest =P so I really have no clue

@ turktheturd: I hate to say it, but Edhmelus probably has the right of it... Seems like a lot of plugins just refuse to work with each other - and seeing how mine does a ton of stuff, it probably won't work very well with most other plugins >_< I'm sorry, I wish I could help more, but when it comes to multi-plugin interactions I really have no clue what I'm doing
What Ray-Z said also happens to me and I only have the Uncapdmg for hunters and the pounce announce pluggins on.
turktheturd
Old 08-22-2009 , 00:40   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #148

yes I already disabled bunch of mods. only perks and missionchange installed, thats it
Old 08-22-2009 , 00:50   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #149

I have loads of PLUGINS on my server and it works JUST fine..

Pounce announec..
Pounce Uncap..
Perkmod..
Advertisements
L4D spawner
Ect ect ect.

I have a whole huge folder FULL of plugins I had on my server that being around 15-20.

You probably have to restart the server or do a full, careful reinstallment of the plugins to RESEARCH what the problem is YOURSELF (I do that, it doesnt annoy others.)

Server is using Perkmod and we are in love with the Grasshopper, Toungetwister and other things.

We are also currently recruiting (EU) people only. Going to merge with another clan soon and change from Eternal Silence.
Edhmelus
Old 08-22-2009 , 00:53   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #150

p.s.:

I do believe 1.5 in dead wreckening is still alot but not as overwhelming.

*nod*
I wish you goodluck with class and all that, hope you reach your goal and I guess you could trust someone else with the development of your plugin in L4D if you dare letting someone. I am really looking forward to seeing explosive Spitter projectiles! *grin*