Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

BF2 Rank Mod 1.5.5 [4/21/11] (pRED*)

Post New Thread Reply   

Scrotaltorment
Old 03-16-2009 , 03:42   Re: BF2 Rank Mod 1.4.1 (pRED*)
Reply With Quote #1031

Thanks alot darkgod!
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 03-17-2009 , 01:45   Re: BF2 Rank Mod 1.4.1 (pRED*)
Reply With Quote #1032

Thanks DarkGod, been real busy lately or I would have answered those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kont View Post
hi vittu, Did get the plugins full support with main thread? Could you make it for non-steam servers, please, if possible? My players are loved this plugin. But I cannot continue because you know after map change their ranks are same and when new player connected to server hi has same highest ranks with playing players. If couldn't, that's not prob. Thanks
Since this plugin requires cs stats I plan on using the csstats_rank cvar to set the save method for bf2. While I don't support non-steam this should work for you with name saving like you wanted.

There are 3 things I want to take care before next update is posted:
  1. save key method: adding ip and nick saving and better verification in the steamid method.
  2. bring in hamsandwich module for tasks at spawn and the damage modifying badges.
  3. add cvar for free for all servers so team kills can count. (though I don't understand FFA used along with this plugin I did notice a couple servers running that way)

After that I'll try to do smaller updates to get them out faster.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
MaDuSa808
Old 04-04-2009 , 04:25   Re: BF2 Rank Mod 1.4.1 (pRED*)
Reply With Quote #1033

okay someone probably asked this question but i'm not about to go through 100 something pages. umm my server has bots, pod bots, and everything works fine but the badges. I kept trying to test it, get 2 kills with M249 and i shall get a badge but then nothing. Is there a command where i can check badges every round because it never saying checking for new badges like other servers.

List of mods on server:
Gungame
Podbot
Amx
stats
Bf2
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 04-06-2009 , 14:16   Re: BF2 Rank Mod 1.4.1 (pRED*)
Reply With Quote #1034

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDuSa808 View Post
okay someone probably asked this question but i'm not about to go through 100 something pages. umm my server has bots, pod bots, and everything works fine but the badges. I kept trying to test it, get 2 kills with M249 and i shall get a badge but then nothing. Is there a command where i can check badges every round because it never saying checking for new badges like other servers.

List of mods on server:
Gungame
Podbot
Amx
stats
Bf2
a) do you have an actual steamid ingame?
b) verify the cvar bf2_badges is set to 1
c) badges are only checked if get_user_rstats says you got a kill during the round (a spawn and a round are not the same thing). I'm guessing with Gungame the round does not end.

Edit:
d) I forgot since you have nothing but bots, bots must rank since rank kills is checked for badges. csstats_rankbots must be 1.

Last edited by vittu; 04-07-2009 at 13:57.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
brantknew
Old 04-10-2009 , 04:30   Re: BF2 Rank Mod 1.4.1 (pRED*)
Reply With Quote #1035

I have 1.4 RC3 installed on my server now. What is the best way to upgrade to 1.4.1 without losing badges/kills? Do I just need to update the plugin or all of the files.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 04-10-2009 , 19:17   Re: BF2 Rank Mod 1.4.1 (pRED*)
Reply With Quote #1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantknew View Post
I have 1.4 RC3 installed on my server now. What is the best way to upgrade to 1.4.1 without losing badges/kills? Do I just need to update the plugin or all of the files.
Badges/kills will not be lost upgrading from 1.4 RC3 (aka 1.4) to 1.4.1... All you need to do is just update the .amxx file (the plugin). However, be aware Amx Mod X 1.80 or above is required for 1.4.1.

Though if you want to wait a bit (I'm hoping soon), I should have 1.5 out in the next week or two. It has the updates I mentioned above.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 04-19-2009 , 01:19   Re: BF2 Rank Mod 1.5.1 [4/18/09] (pRED*)
Reply With Quote #1037

Plugin updated see first post for changelog.
(2 updates actually, 1.5 and 1.5.1)

As requested save by ip and nick has been added, as well as bot saving and a better savekey verification for steamid.
Since this plugin is dependent on amxx stats, save type is determined by csstats_rank cvar. Likewise bot saving is controlled by csstats_rankbots cvar.

Added 2 sounds from Battlefield 2, one for a rank promotion and one for a badge award. These sounds are optional in that they will only be used if you put them on the server.

Couple of things I noticed when going thru the code:
1. Some ranks are not attainable without the required badges, so I don't know why there is an option to turn off badges. I don't think I really want to make them attainable without the required badges for those that want badges turned off.

2. bots - bots are an issue that I'm not sure what to do with because of csstats_rankbots. Bots will not count toward badges if csstats_rankbots is 0, but they will for kills in BF2. I'm not sure if I should completely follow amxx on this and not make bots count at all if csstats_rankbots is 0. I just wish there was a thrid setting for csstats_rankbots that makes them count as frags for players but does not do any stats for the bots themselves.

3. I really want to change 0.spr for something that looks a little better maybe the bf2 logo or something.

Up next:
I will try to go thru the command and menu code. I think there is a bug in the menu code that needs fixing aswell. I also need to go thru the code in check.inl for optimizations. At some point I would like to add multilingual but I still would like to keep the colored chat so I will have to do something like what gungame does to make that work. I want to also go thru the html files and just go over them make sure they are ok. When any of this will get done, I have no idea so don't ask.

Last edited by vittu; 04-19-2009 at 15:13.
Rodgerland
Old 04-23-2009 , 15:25   Re: BF2 Rank Mod 1.5.1 [4/18/09] (pRED*)
Reply With Quote #1038

I wish to alter a script for classics. What to remove that there was only a rank over a head and statistics commands? It is possible a ready sma?
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 04-23-2009 , 15:33   Re: BF2 Rank Mod 1.5.1 [4/18/09] (pRED*)
Reply With Quote #1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgerland View Post
I wish to alter a script for classics. What to remove that there was only a rank over a head and statistics commands? It is possible a ready sma?
Set bf2_badgepowers cvar to 0, that will disable all powerup from badges. Making it into basically a rank type of plugin only.

I'm afraid I don't recall what the really old version was like and I don't think I have it in my files.
brantknew
Old 04-24-2009 , 14:20   Re: BF2 Rank Mod 1.5.1 [4/18/09] (pRED*)
Reply With Quote #1040

I just changed from a linux server to a windows and I have bf2 working but I lost all my badges and rank. How do I fix this?