Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D] Infected Spawner

Post New Thread Reply   

headseeker
Old 02-02-2009 , 17:28   Re: [L4D] Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #91

plugin used to work very well before the patch, but as others are saying there is that 1hp health issue now but that's not it. If you spawn a hunter in VS, the player (hunter) will not be able to pounce anymore crouching action is bugged this only happens when using the plugin.
Velak
Old 02-03-2009 , 08:54   Re: [L4D] Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTolerance View Post
As others have said, plugin works great, thanks . One thing I have noticed though, is in vs if you are not spawned yet as infected, and this plugin is used to spawn an infected, you will become whatever that infected is (with the exception of the witch) and with basically zero hp.
My menu fixes this. It's still a work in progress so I've not posted it yet, but more than a couple of people are working with it. If you want you can PM me and I'll share it with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headseeker View Post
plugin used to work very well before the patch, but as others are saying there is that 1hp health issue now but that's not it. If you spawn a hunter in VS, the player (hunter) will not be able to pounce anymore crouching action is bugged this only happens when using the plugin.
This is caused by the health issue. See my above reply. It's not caused by his plugin (or anyone else's). The heath issue causes no HUD with the hunter, boomer, smoker, and tank.

The exact same thing would happen if you don't use the menu at all, (or the plugin) and use the z_spawn commands from the console.

Again, my menu fixes this problem. Anyone who wishes can PM me to test it.
Number Six
Old 02-03-2009 , 23:05   Re: [L4D] Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #93

Velak really need a official release here , with all bugs fixed . Infected Spawner pluggin no update and major bugs free with 1.0 , really need your V2 final !

Jay Dogg
Old 02-06-2009 , 21:09   Re: [L4D] Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #94

Any one know how to spawn the gun thats at the end of each campaign? I think its a chaingun or minigun.
Velak
Old 02-07-2009 , 10:58   Re: [L4D] Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #95

I've looked (briefly) into it.. don't think we can do it until we get the SDK. That's a map Item, not a spawnable item from a command.

I'm not saying it's not possible, just that off the top of my head, I don't know how to do it. I'll add this to my list of things to look deeper into when I have some spare time.
jerricho
Old 02-07-2009 , 15:33   Re: [L4D] Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #96

I'd like an updated version of this plugin.
aauldridge
Old 02-20-2009 , 21:04   Re: [L4D] Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #97

I found Fexii's plugin to be one of my favorites but it doesn't appear that he is currently keeping it maintained. I created my first SourceMod plugin which I call "[L4D] aSpawn" based on Fexii's original work as well as numberous comments in this thread. I've been using this plugin for more than a week without any problems so I want to share my work.

Description
This L4D plugin provides an administrative menu and console commands that allow admins to force a panic event or spawn infected, weapons, or health while playing in co-op or versus mode.

Use the "aSpawn Commands" administrative menu or the following console commands to initiate a panic event or spawn infected, weapons, or health:
  • sm_force_panic_event
  • sm_spawn_infected [[common, hunter, boomer, smoker, witch, tank] [#]]
  • sm_spawn_weapons [[pistol, smg, pumpshotgun, rifle, hunting_rifle, autoshotgun, ammo, molotov, pipe_bomb, gascan, propanetank, oxygentank] [#]]
  • sm_spawn_health [[pain_pills, first_aid_kit, health] [#]]
Examples
  • sm_force_panic_event
  • sm_spawn_infected
  • sm_spawn_infected witch
  • sm_spawn_infected common 10
  • sm_spawn_weapons
  • sm_spawn_weapons rifle
  • sm_spawn_weapons molotov 4
  • sm_spawn_health
  • sm_spawn_health pain_pills
  • sm_spawn_health first_aid_kit 2
Versions
2.0 (aSpawn.sp) [@l@n]
  • Implemented neurotic's bug fix for the gun and health menus closing immediately.
  • Implemented Crowe T. Robot's enhancement to allow the sm_spawn_infected, sm_spawn_weapons, and sm_spawn_health commands to take an optional argument and bypass the menu system (e.g., sm_spawn_infected witch).
  • Allow optional 2nd argument to sm_spawn_infected, sm_spawn_weapons, and sm_spawn_health that specifies count of items (e.g., sm_spawn_infected common 10).
  • Increased required execution access from ADMFLAG_KICK to ADMFLAG_CHEATS.
  • Split Spawn Weapons menu into Spawn Weapons and Spawn Weapons (throwing).
  • Added sm_spawn_version console command.
I hope you find my script to as useful as I found Fexii's original script to be.

Enjoy... @l@n
Attached Files
File Type: smx aSpawn_v2.0.5.smx (7.3 KB, 964 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (aSpawn_v2.0.5.sp - 2979 views - 14.1 KB)
tatercrisp
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-21-2009 , 11:44   Re: [L4D] Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #98

Thanks! aauldridge.
headseeker
Old 02-22-2009 , 20:34   Re: [L4D] Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #99

Thanks aaldrige your plugin works great exept one little detail, since I updated your plugin on my serv, somehow everytime there is a tank event in VS, rigth after he dies another tank spawns. Which I find extremly strange but only happens since I put your plugin on.
aauldridge
Old 02-23-2009 , 09:29   Re: [L4D] Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #100

Thanks for the feedback headseeker. Since this is the first SourceMod plugin that I've created I can't say for certain that aSpawn is not causing your tank spawning problem but I don't believe it is.

aSpawn is basically a menu system that executes z_spawn (to spawn infected) and give (to spawn weapons and health) commands. It does not hook any events and wouldn't know when a tank has died so it could respawn a new one.

I have been having problems similar to what you describe with the [L4D] VS Infected Bots script. Are you running that script too?

Hopefully someone else can confirm if aSpawn is working fine for them or if they are having the same problem as headseeker.