Send a message via Yahoo to StormZone Send a message via Skype™ to StormZone
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 01-20-2009 , 21:10   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #982

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormZone View Post
how do y set it up to use mysql database
It uses default amxx configs for mysql settings (..\configs\sql.cfg). Once that is set it automatically creates the tables in the database specified by sql.cfg. Note: Data is saved when a client disconnects and at map end, can cause a bit of lag on map end with a large database. Especially since there is no time based auto-pruning for mysql saving.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
tmc07d
Old 01-21-2009 , 18:22   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #983

I kno i posted this earlier but ive put all my sprite files in /sprite/bf2 folder..and it continues to say this. What else can i do??

L 01/21/2009 - 00:16:07: Start of error session.
L 01/21/2009 - 00:16:07: Info (map "de_dust2") (file "addons/amxmodx/logs/error_20090121.log")
L 01/21/2009 - 00:16:07: [AMXX] Plugin ("bf2rank.amxx") is setting itself as failed.
L 01/21/2009 - 00:16:07: [AMXX] Plugin says: Sprite files are missing, unable to load plugin
L 01/21/2009 - 00:16:07: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "bf2rank.amxx")
L 01/21/2009 - 00:16:07: [AMXX] Run time error 1: forced exit
L 01/21/2009 - 00:16:07: [AMXX] [0] forwards.inl::plugin_precache (line 113)

it has about 4 huge error logs of this going on for a while now..and i really dont kno what thier is to correcting this problem. Can someone throw some suggestions or opinions. thanks..
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 01-21-2009 , 19:01   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod cont.
Reply With Quote #984

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmc07d View Post
i really dont kno what thier is to correcting this problem.
Quote:
L 01/21/2009 - 00:16:07: [AMXX] Plugin says: Sprite files are missing, unable to load plugin
Quote:
L 01/12/2009 - 22:42:56: [bf2rank.amxx] [ERROR] Missing sprite file 'sprites/bf2rankspr/0.spr'
Is it really that hard to understand. I can't believe I need to explain this when the errors tell you exactly what is wrong and where the files should be.

Place sprite files on the server in the folder "...\<mod>\sprites\bf2rankspr\" ("mod" does not mean amxmodx folder it means cstrike or czero whichever you are running). You obviously did not place them in that folder otherwise you would not be getting the above errors. Check your spelling and make sure the folder you created is spelled correctly, including case tense, as the one in the error. And "/sprite/bf2" is NOT the correct location, you can't just place stuff where ever you like to and expect everything to be honky dory.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
tmc07d
Old 01-21-2009 , 20:05   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #985

very much thanks bro, it wus just my folder name wus bf2rank instead of bf2rankspr WOW yea. Um can someone PLEASE also tell me how to do the http remote thing for the webdocs? thanks guys
sytremelaker
Old 01-21-2009 , 22:05   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #986

Quote:
very much thanks bro, it wus just my folder name wus bf2rank instead of bf2rankspr WOW yea. Um can someone PLEASE also tell me how to do the http remote thing for the webdocs? thanks guys
First you'll need a web host. If you rent your game server, ask your provider if they provide a free website, some provider do. Head to your website's CPanel (Control Panel) and go into the section called "File Manager" or something similar. You'll need to create a folder that will contain the Bf2 web docs, such as bf2help, in the file manager. Upload all the web doc files.

Now, head into your server's FTP dir. cstrike/addons/amxmodx/configs/amxx.cfg. Open the amxx.cfg file and add the cvar: bf2_help_url follow by (in quotes) the address to the folder in which you uploaded your web docs. So, for example, if the folder was called bf2helpdocs and your web host address was www.webhosthere.com, it would something like:

bf2_help_url "www.webhosthere.com/bf2helpdocs/"
Send a message via AIM to sytremelaker
tmc07d
Old 01-22-2009 , 13:18   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #987

Hey thanks man, you wouldnt by chance also kno how to limit admin access to say just myself and also how do i get the "glowing" names above peoples head to go away? i removed the "abcde" and all that and messed with it a little bit but it still has in big letters above their head "SDFLDSF" or w/e thier name is. I just want it how i originally had it where it had their name and their health in blue or red depending on the team and like 100% health or something like that but ever since bf2 came on ehre its all glowing and huge lol. Thanks, sry to bother u guys.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 01-22-2009 , 14:47   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #988

Use cmdaccess.ini for access settings.

Set bf2_hud_options to "" in amxx.cfg, and enable the PlayerName option in miscstats using the amx_statscfgmenu.

I'm not going to explain this any further this should be sufficient enough (shouldn't have been necessary to explain in the first place).
tmc07d
Old 01-30-2009 , 21:09   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #989

Hey guys a couple questions
1# if i reset my server ranks will it reset the bf2 ranks as well bc ive heard something about that..cause id like to keep the bf2 ranks teh way they are but just reset normal ranks

2# I heard something being laggy bout using either vault or sql i cant remember which one..im using vault is that the safest route to take? and if not is switching over to sql going to effect thingss such as badges and such?

THanks alot guys.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 01-30-2009 , 23:31   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #990

Quote:
1# if i reset my server ranks will it reset the bf2 ranks as well bc ive heard something about that..cause id like to keep the bf2 ranks teh way they are but just reset normal ranks
No... BF2 ranks stay the same (Only rank of "General" would be effected, however that rank requires a user to be ranked #1 normally anyway).

Quote:
2# I heard something being laggy bout using either vault or sql i cant remember which one..im using vault is that the safest route to take? and if not is switching over to sql going to effect thingss such as badges and such?
mysql saving is laggy at map change, methods used weren't great. nVault should be fine. Switching over would lose all data since there is nothing to convert the data either way (I don't think I've ever seen a plugin convert nVault data to sql). Also, please be aware there is no pruning so if a user connects once their save data is stored forever (which is not a good thing).