Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

All talk with team talk plugin request - In game mute as well

Post New Thread Reply   

Dominator
Old 01-13-2009 , 13:58   All talk with team talk plugin request - In game mute as well
Reply With Quote #1

I know there's one that exist here:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=648899

But it's written more for alltalk to be turned off. It can be set for alltalk to be on but then people cannot mute players in game which can be very annoying leading them to do a votemute which doesn't always work. We use alltalk all the time on our servers and whenever you wish to have some strategy your left with typeing which can be annoying. So if someone can make a plugin similar to the one above where you just bind a key to use team voice chat and players will still be able to must someone in game using the menu that would be amazing.

I've posted on that topic above but I don't think the creator is around anymore.

Last edited by Dominator; 01-13-2009 at 13:59. Reason: topic editing
RM_Hamster
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-13-2009 , 22:23   Re: All talk with team talk plugin request - In game mute as well
Reply With Quote #2

If you're going to use alltalk in any form, I think you're going to run into the problem of not being able to mute correctly. If I remember correctly, it has to do with there only being one sound channel or something similar.... Regardless, what you're looking for is something that I'm not even sure is possible. The plugin you linked would be the best alternative if you wanted both alltalk and teamtalk using sv_alltalk 0 and sm_alltalk_default.

Edit: Are you talking about SM's mute or player muting? If it's SM's mute, it might be possible to modify basecomm/gag.sp

Last edited by RM_Hamster; 01-13-2009 at 22:33.
Dominator
Old 01-15-2009 , 13:51   Re: All talk with team talk plugin request - In game mute as well
Reply With Quote #3

SM's mute runs fine, but player muting from a player's game menu does not work, I was running that plugin but some people would come in a spam the mic and they can't be muted from each player, even though I have the hldj and hlss spam blocker, some people are just jack asses.