Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Custom Admin Menu

Post New Thread Reply   

Shiverwarp
Old 12-30-2008 , 17:16   Custom Admin Menu
Reply With Quote #1

Do I have to rewrite the whole thing to replace the whole menu? I only want to add some things for rcon commands and fun commands and for some extra addons.

Is there any easy way to do this? Or a premade menu for TF2 with some rcon commands and such?
recon0
Veteran Member
Old 12-30-2008 , 17:19   Re: Custom Admin Menu
Reply With Quote #2

Read the wiki.
Old 12-30-2008 , 23:24   Re: Custom Admin Menu
Reply With Quote #3

Already did. The premade menu is rather garbage for TF2, most commands are for CSS. I'll try cutting it down and adding what I need, but it doesn't explain whether that config is simply read completely for all commands, or just added. Or maybe it does and I'm just missing something
Xp3r7
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-30-2008 , 23:50   Re: Custom Admin Menu
Reply With Quote #4

Just add what you need in the categories you want them in or you could make your own category and add them in there.
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2008 , 00:39   Re: Custom Admin Menu
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiverwarp View Post
Already did. The premade menu is rather garbage for TF2, most commands are for CSS. I'll try cutting it down and adding what I need, but it doesn't explain whether that config is simply read completely for all commands, or just added. Or maybe it does and I'm just missing something
How are most of the commands for CS:S? I've used SM for a long time and I don't know what you're talking about.
Old 12-31-2008 , 05:57   Re: Custom Admin Menu
Reply With Quote #6

In the premade admin menu config provided in the wiki, most of the commands are for give weapon, give armor etc. For CSS.

And thanks Xp3r7
Shiverwarp
Old 01-13-2009 , 21:30   Re: Custom Admin Menu
Reply With Quote #7

bump
RM_Hamster
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-13-2009 , 22:12   Re: Custom Admin Menu
Reply With Quote #8

Everything you need to make your own custom admin menu is in the wiki as linked above. The premade menus on the wiki are simply for example; you'll need to manually edit adminmenu_custom to add menu items into the menu. It's actually pretty simple to add them since it's only a few lines for each entry since everything is explained well in the wiki. For example, to add an option to switch gravity, you could add this code to any existing category:

Code:
"Server Gravity"      // the name of the menu entry
{
     "cmd"            "sv_gravity #1"        // the command to be executed; the #1 means that sv_gravity has one parameter (a number)
     "admin"          "sm_cvar"              // the admin level necessary to use this command
     "execute"        "player"               // from where to execute the command (player or server)
     "1"                                     // first option - this corresponds to the #1 in sv_gravity above
     {
          "type"       "list"                // types explained in the wiki
          "title"      "Amount of gravity"   // title to the menu entry
          "1"          "100"                 // actual amount to give to sv_gravity
          "1."         "Very high"           // what 1 appears as in the menu; instead of 100, it will show "Very high"
          "2"          "300"                 // all the following are the same as above
          "2."         "High"
          "3"          "800"
          "3."         "Default"
          "4"          "1000"
          "4."         "Low"
     }
}
Also, it's possible to rearrange entries via adminmenu_sorting and create new sections of the menu, if you wanted. I've tried to explain as best I could, so if you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
AKiS
Old 01-14-2009 , 09:09   Re: Custom Admin Menu
Reply With Quote #9

Is there any way to delete the default commands from the menu? Because I'm not using them in L4D and is boring me to see them there...help pls
RM_Hamster
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-14-2009 , 09:32   Re: Custom Admin Menu
Reply With Quote #10

I'm pretty sure the default commands can't be removed from the menu unless you directly remove them from the corresponding plugin itself.