0% 

Weapon Restrictions

Post New Thread Reply   

kooch
Old 01-13-2009 , 15:22   Re: Weapon Restrictions
Reply With Quote #361

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelev81 View Post
compile the smx using the compiler of your SM current version and see if you get the same error
I'm not sure how to do that. Any suggestions or help is appreciated.
zhelev81
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2009 , 15:41   Re: Weapon Restrictions
Reply With Quote #362

Go to \srcds\cstrike\addons\sourcemod\scripting and paste the files from the archive restrict.zip\addons\sourcemod\scripting now double klick on the compile.exe and wait to finish compiling the smx.After that go to folder \srcds\cstrike\addons\sourcemod\scripting\com piled cut the restrict.smx and paste it in \srcds\cstrike\addons\sourcemod\plugins

Done !

I hope u got it

Last edited by zhelev81; 01-13-2009 at 15:45.
Send a message via ICQ to zhelev81 Send a message via MSN to zhelev81 Send a message via Skype™ to zhelev81
kooch
Old 01-13-2009 , 20:10   Re: Weapon Restrictions
Reply With Quote #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelev81 View Post
Go to \srcds\cstrike\addons\sourcemod\scripting and paste the files from the archive restrict.zip\addons\sourcemod\scripting now double klick on the compile.exe and wait to finish compiling the smx.After that go to folder \srcds\cstrike\addons\sourcemod\scripting\com piled cut the restrict.smx and paste it in \srcds\cstrike\addons\sourcemod\plugins

Done !

I hope u got it
Should I be doing all this on my server? If so I can't b/c my vendor doesn't allow .exe files so I don't have compile.exe on the server. I tried copying the source locally and running it but it said spcomp.exe not found.
zhelev81
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2009 , 20:31   Re: Weapon Restrictions
Reply With Quote #364

the example I gave you is for windows,so it won't work on linux for sure.Get a test server and do it on your local computer then just move the new compiled .smx to you Game server and you're done That's how I do it Keep always testing the plugins on your test server not on your Game server where people are playing at the moment,so no angry ppl with stupid "?" why the server crashes

Good luck
Send a message via ICQ to zhelev81 Send a message via MSN to zhelev81 Send a message via Skype™ to zhelev81
kooch
Old 01-13-2009 , 20:39   Re: Weapon Restrictions
Reply With Quote #365

It is a windows server. The hosting company won't let me put .exe files on it. Sucks for me I guess. Thanks for the help
zhelev81
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2009 , 20:42   Re: Weapon Restrictions
Reply With Quote #366

Understood so do it on your local computer and no worries
Sgt-Mess
Old 01-13-2009 , 22:18   Re: Weapon Restrictions
Reply With Quote #367

Has there been any progress on the !knifes !pistol commands, I was just wondering.
Old 01-17-2009 , 03:15   Dang
Reply With Quote #368

SM version:
SourceMod Version Information:
SourceMod Version: 1.2.0-dev
SourcePawn Engine: SourcePawn 1.1, jit-x86 (build 1.2.0-dev)
SourcePawn API: v1 = 4, v2 = 2
Compiled on: Jan 11 2009 20:43:06
Build ID: 2525:ffc584a3c382-dev http://www.sourcemod.net/

Meta version:
Metamod:Source version 1.7.0
Build ID: 616:8453e69f1827
Loaded As: GameDLL (gameinfo.txt)
Compiled on: Nov 26 2008
Plugin interface version: 10:7
SourceHook version: 4
http://www.metamodsource.net/

I have tried self compiled and precompiled versions and stills it says
L 01/17/2009 - 10:08:18: [SM] Native "EquipPlayerWeapon" reported: NULL not allowed
L 01/17/2009 - 10:08:18: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "restrict.smx":
L 01/17/2009 - 10:08:18: [SM] [0] Line 411, restrict/restrict_utils.sp::RemoveWeapon()
L 01/17/2009 - 10:08:18: [SM] [1] Line 110, restrict/events.sp::Event_ItemPickup()

Last edited by karzy; 01-17-2009 at 03:19.
Sille
Old 01-17-2009 , 05:01   Re: Weapon Restrictions
Reply With Quote #369

Hey.

I'm running this weapon restriction together with this "winning team restriction": http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=542780

It works fine except some miner bugs and that the plugin restrict players to pickup restricted weapons if the are in winning team. I want them to be able to do that.

Is is possible to make something like sm_allow_pickup 0|1 to this weapon restriction plugin? I would really like to have that.

Due to the pickup restriction following happens on my server:
  • Players in the winning team that try to pickup restricted weapons today lose all there ammo in the pistol.
  • If someone in the same team picks up a restricted weapon, one of the one on the team that have one lose it so there still are the same amount of weapons in the team.
HolyKnight
Old 01-17-2009 , 12:19   Re: Weapon Restrictions
Reply With Quote #370

Our WCS Server recently moved from Mani to SM with the hopes for better support. We have used this plug-in to restrict the AWP and both Auto-Snipes (AS). We have a couple races that are built around the ability to utilize either the AWP or AS. From what I've read so far it doesn't appear that we have addressed scripting the sm_unrestrict command within the confines of a WCS race. If you have the time, please take a look at this patch of code and offer a few suggestions.

*****Attached Code*****

"name" "Shadow Shock"
"author" "HOLLIDAY"
"shortdescription" "Shadow Shock,Reflect,Fading Cloak of Shadows,AWP!"
"required_level" "140"
"maximum_level" "0"
"allow_only" "0"
"teamlimit" "1"
"preloadcmd" "0"
"player_spawn_cmd" "es est_playplayer event_var(userid) plats\hall_elev_stop.wav;es es_delayed 1.6 est_playplayer event_var(userid) weapons\explode3.wav;es es_xdelayed 1.8 est_unrestrict event_var(userid) weapon_awp"
"round_start_cmd" "0"
"round_end_cmd" "0"
"numberofskills" "4"
"numberoflevels" "4"
"skillnames" "Shadow Shock|Reflect|Fading Cloak of Shadows|AWP!"
"skilldescr" "Shock Enemy|Shock attacker|Invisibility that fades in and out|Switch from primary Weapon to AWP!"
"skillcfg" "player_attacker|player_victim|player_spawn|p layer_ultimate"

As you can see, in the red text, we are utilizing an EST cmd to unrestrict the weapon. The pertinent mods and plug-ins that we are using are as follows:

CS:S, WCS(WarCraft Mod) .75
SourceMod Version: 1.1.0-dev Moving to 1.10 production
Metamod:Source version 1.7.0
EventScripts v1.5.0.171
EST .418d

Thanks in advance for your time. I am by no means a true code monkey thus the issue. I have a CompSci degree but I am an Operations Manager for the Air Force in practice. Take care.