Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

VBAC - Very Basic Anti-Cheat V3.3 [29 Aug 08]

Post New Thread Reply   

KillerSneak
Old 11-14-2008 , 18:37   Re: VBAC - Very Basic Anti-Cheat V3.3 [29 Aug 08]
Reply With Quote #161

OKey but how can i see it's running ? doing it's thing ?
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 11-27-2008 , 01:53   Re: VBAC - Very Basic Anti-Cheat V3.3 [29 Aug 08]
Reply With Quote #162

======== Unconnected Found! ========
[VBAC] Name: SteamID: BOT was found to have an invalid name

This displays on L4D and in the logs it says this...

L 11/26/2008 - 22:50:05: [SM] Native "BanClient" reported: Cannot ban fake client 5
L 11/26/2008 - 22:50:05: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "basic-anti-cheat.smx":
L 11/26/2008 - 22:50:05: [SM] [0] Line 132, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/2/9/7/7/1/30828.attach::OnClientPostAdminCheck()

captain-pot-noodle
Old 11-29-2008 , 10:19   Re: VBAC - Very Basic Anti-Cheat V3.3 [29 Aug 08]
Reply With Quote #163

DWN this is because of the fourth thing it checks for:

Quote:
4. The name of "unconnected" - And then when a player connects, it checks the players name "unconnected", this is normally a sign of a cheat has been some what rife, this is the screen name of a client that has not connected properly
With a boss it could be this which triggers it:

Quote:
15:15:22 "Smoker<608><BOT><>" connected, address "none"
I think that it is this part which the plugin recognises for players (in status):
Quote:
#602 "Francis" BOT active
Don't worry I'm not stalking you, just configuring my L4D server with SM ^^
Sandman_1
Old 12-17-2008 , 12:57   Re: VBAC - Very Basic Anti-Cheat V3.3 [29 Aug 08]
Reply With Quote #164

I tried your plugin in a Source based game called Kumawar Vietname\WW2(Used to be called ShootOut from History Channel TV series) and I get an error saying something like, "expected sv_cheats" and it says it got something else or around that when a player connects to my server and it causes the server to crash. When I do sm_vbac_value 1, the server doesn't crash when a player connects to the server.

Some notes aboout this game:

1. It is totally independent of Steam so there are no Steam IDs. Players connect and their Steam ID is always pending.

2. It is free online game offered by Kuma Games.

3. It uses an older Source Engine
Protocol version 7
Exe version 1.0.1.0 (valve)
Exe build: 13:54:46 Mar 26 2008 (3296

4. Game content is in a different directory than normal due to the fact that you can play different games from them also based off of Source Engine.

i.e. Kuma Games\Kuma Content\...

and not Kuma Games\(game)

which would follow most Source based games directory structuring for game content.

5. Instead of Hl2.exe or Srcds.exe the executables have been renamed Kume.exe and Dedicated.exe; however, you can use Hl2.exe and Srcds.exe in place of those executables and execute the game normally through commandline parameters.

I have tried several anti-cheat plugins and none work. I think most of them are based off of SteamIDs.

Detox crashes server on player connect

Vbac crashes server on player connect

Kigen loads fine but is pretty much useless since it isnt a Steam server but certain features do work like disallow unicode characters.

I would like to get a working anti-cheat program for this game and I am at my wits end. I am to the point that I am going to have to try my hand at doing an anti-cheat for the game. In the mean time, I was hoping we could some how get yours working until I do. If you could help me and the community out by getting yours to work, I am sure everyone would be eternally grateful for it.

A big problem now, are these "unconnected" players. I tried the setinfo name "" trick myself and the game doesn't report unconnected( it automatically changes your name to The Other Guy, unnamed, or empty) so I believe these people are using something they shouldn't be using. Also, they connect with different names and not the empty name trick. I would like to stop these people first.

I apologize for the long post...
captain-pot-noodle
Old 12-17-2008 , 14:39   Re: VBAC - Very Basic Anti-Cheat V3.3 [29 Aug 08]
Reply With Quote #165

Just warning you that this plugin will probably block split-screen players on L4D as they appear "Unconnected"
I don't think that there will be any way to solve this problem...
Sandman_1
Old 12-17-2008 , 15:08   Re: VBAC - Very Basic Anti-Cheat V3.3 [29 Aug 08]
Reply With Quote #166

I was looking through the source for this plugin and I changed the functions to get the steamid to ip address. It didn't solve the crash issue though. It is a start...

Also, just some advice, you have several places in your code where you use the same code over and over. I would of just made a single function for that code. It would of saved you some typing and would of made your code more compact and readable; but then again, I have never programmed for Pawn, just x86 assembler and C, so I might not be aware of some perculiarities with Pawn syntax.
Gippo
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-18-2008 , 21:22   Re: VBAC - Very Basic Anti-Cheat V3.3 [29 Aug 08]
Reply With Quote #167

Does this work for Windows? When I try it, People join the Server Then The Server Crashes And When I add SoD Stats Too. I Think Windows Doesn't Work When there is MySQL.
Sandman_1
Old 12-20-2008 , 09:49   Re: VBAC - Very Basic Anti-Cheat V3.3 [29 Aug 08]
Reply With Quote #168

Yea it works with Windows. I am just trying to get it to work with a Source based game that is Steam independent.
zhelev81
Veteran Member
Old 12-22-2008 , 10:28   Re: VBAC - Very Basic Anti-Cheat V3.3 [29 Aug 08]
Reply With Quote #169

what cvars is this blocking ,and how to change the ban time ,i don't want it to be permannenet ,anybody help pls ?
Send a message via ICQ to zhelev81 Send a message via MSN to zhelev81 Send a message via Skype™ to zhelev81
kooch
Old 01-12-2009 , 17:54   Re: VBAC - Very Basic Anti-Cheat V3.3 [29 Aug 08]
Reply With Quote #170

I installed this plugin and had a weird issue with it. I installed it and received no errors. I added the sm_vbac_mysql 1 to sourcemod.cfg and rebooted. No errors again. Got my first ban later that day and it successfully wrote it to the DB. The next day I got 2 more bans but now they are not writing to the db even though the log file says it did. And now the first ban that was in the db is removed. Not sure what's going on. Any help is appreciated.