Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

L4D Director Enforcer

Post New Thread Reply   

LaFotoAsesina
Old 12-17-2008 , 16:36   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #151

I just have one little problem.

Now people seem to have trouble joining the server. I cant invite anyone on steam. That's because the lobby thing right?

Cant wait to see the final version working!
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-17-2008 , 17:22   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #152

1.0.4 released.
First topic updated.

To all whom had troubles with this;
sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0 is not required in the config to allow you to use l4d_difficulty * anymore. (dunno if it ever was.. but..) I have just tested with my own server.cfg , and it boots straight into the difficulty I set.

It also does not matter -WHERE- in the config file l4d_difficulty * is.

Enjoy folks!

[edit]
p.s I've also made a "safety check" when using l4d_difficulty, it will check the following regardless of case and correct them into;
easy -> Easy
normal -> Normal
advanced -> Hard
hard-> Hard
expert -> Impossible
impossible -> Impossible
na -> NA
anything else -> Normal

Last edited by DDR Khat; 12-17-2008 at 17:25.
LaFotoAsesina
Old 12-17-2008 , 17:44   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #153

It seems to work ^^

Thanx

I still have problems with the server switching randomly to coop, regardless of the map though but I think it has nothing to do with the plugin.
I removed the sv_allow_lobby_connection_only from my server.cfg and the plugin works just fine.

confirmed

Last edited by LaFotoAsesina; 12-17-2008 at 17:47.
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-17-2008 , 17:48   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFotoAsesina View Post
It seems to work ^^

Thanx

I still have problems with the server switching randomly to coop, regardless of the map though but I think it has nothing to do with the plugin.
I removed the sv_allow_lobby_connection_only from my server.cfg and the plugin works just fine.

confirmed
l4d_human_zombies 1
By default it is now -1 (it does not enforce anything)
Old 12-17-2008 , 18:01   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #155

This version works MUCH better, no problems at all now. Thanks!
LaFotoAsesina
Old 12-17-2008 , 19:03   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #156

WTF! The server sais its versus, 8 players but only 4 are able to join and they see it as campaign. Even with the human_zombies set to 1
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-17-2008 , 19:23   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFotoAsesina View Post
WTF! The server sais its versus, 8 players but only 4 are able to join and they see it as campaign. Even with the human_zombies set to 1
You are most likely on a campaign map, and not a versus mode map. this is a bug that is yet to be resolved.
Old 12-17-2008 , 19:31   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #158

DDR KHAT, you are the man. I really appreciate all you hard work for this. I have been tackling Valve for quite some time as you can see by these two posts: http://www.left4dead411.com/forums/i...m=9&topic=7015 , http://www.left4dead411.com/forums/i...m=9&topic=7688

In that website Forum, I have laid out detailed instructions on how to get your plugin working properly! You can review it if you like: http://www.left4dead411.com/forums/i...m=9&topic=7993
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-17-2008 , 19:36   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboye View Post
DDR KHAT, you are the man. I really appreciate all you hard work for this. I have been tackling Valve for quite some time as you can see by these two posts: http://www.left4dead411.com/forums/i...m=9&topic=7015 , http://www.left4dead411.com/forums/i...m=9&topic=7688

In that website Forum, I have laid out detailed instructions on how to get your plugin working properly! You can review it if you like: http://www.left4dead411.com/forums/i...m=9&topic=7993
As already earlier stated. I do not recommend enforcing those variables via config files. Thank you however for the appreciation, it is nice to know that people are enjoying this mod.
Some credit on that website would also be appreciated. Also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboye
5. It is also recommended to change your commandline argument map to a vs map.
Recommended but not required, you can join via lobby into the server and still have it enforce Advanced difficulty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboye
Everything should be done now. A easy way to check that it stays what difficulty u made it is wait for people to join the server and either with hlsw or console...type z_difficulty. It should give you a = "" whatever is in that "" is what you should have made it.
Make sure they are aware to check both z_difficulty and l4d_difficulty . Also make sure their aware of what the 4 difficulties actual string names are; (Easy, Normal, Hard, Impossible) . also make sure they are aware to change difficulty by l4d_difficulty while they are trying to lock versus difficulty, otherwise they might get confused as to why z_difficulty Impossible is doing nothing.

p.s there is now a config file that is created for this mod specifically, if you want to keep your server.cfg clean of custom configs.
cfg/sourcemod/hzombies.cfg

Last edited by DDR Khat; 12-17-2008 at 19:45.
LaFotoAsesina
Old 12-17-2008 , 20:22   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #160

I know that in coop maps it will stay in 4. But no. Its in vs.

I get in l4d_vs_hospital_apartment 8 players, but the tab screen is the one of campaign (showing the 5 maps that you have to go trhrough on the top left) and no one can join. Its crazy. For me it sais 1/8 and for others 1/4. Its driving me nuts