Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Bug after Steam Update?

Post New Thread Reply   

[cTs] Corvette
Old 10-25-2008 , 23:46   Bug after Steam Update?
Reply With Quote #1

I'm starting a new thread for this because it doesn't really fit in with the other update issues thread. I'm sure most of you saw this post in that thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33t_Of_Lag View Post
Ok my dod servers run fine WITHOUT amx, my cs servers run with amx just deathmatch not working.
Client side for dod fixed, no more lockups.
Steam update avatars in scoreboard work for cs not dod.
Just wondering why amx is working for cs but not dod, i am not sure if the problem lies with steam/valve, or amx.
Oh my servers are on windows server 2003
I spend most of today trying to help him sort out his problem. So far, this is what we have:

• DODX module causes an instant server crash when someone connects. Client gets as far as precaching and the server crashes.
• AMXModX is not identified by HLSW, it just says "AMXMODX" with no version.
• There are no plugins running. amxx plugins in RCON gives this result: 0 plugins, 0 running.

Now for the really weird part: I had him ZIP his addons folder and send it to me. I did a fresh install of DOD (his is up to date as well), copied in his addons directory and it all works fine on my server. It doesn't crash, AMXModX works perfectly, and HLSW identifies it. All the plugins are running and functioning correctly. I didn't change anything at all.

The only difference is he is in Australia and I am in the US. He is running Windows Server 2003 and I'm running Windows Vista. But he says this is happening to all servers running AMXModX in Australia. If he disables AMXModX, his server runs fine. If enables AMXModX and disables the DODX module, his server runs, but AMXModX is non-functional.
L33t_Of_Lag
Old 10-26-2008 , 00:02   Re: Bug after Steam Update?
Reply With Quote #2

ADDED, when someone does connect and gets to precaching. My server box hdd goes nuts for a second then server disappears, not actually giving an error message.
And as stated above, all servers in australia have had to disable amx in order for their servers to be playable.

As for my cs server, amx runs, checkpoint mod works. dm does not work properly, no menu ect... When it comes to map change, it doesnt change. i can change the map via amx and it changes. But will not do it automatically.

http://www.fgcgaming.com

Last edited by L33t_Of_Lag; 10-26-2008 at 00:07.
Send a message via MSN to L33t_Of_Lag
Vet
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2008 , 12:37   Re: Bug after Steam Update?
Reply With Quote #3

I'm running the DODX module (v 1.8.0.3) just fine. I also see the Amxmodx vresion in HLSW (v1.3.0) OK too.

The main problem I have is getting banned players' SteamIDs in the banned.cfg file. It seems like when the server is restarted, the banned.cfg file get cleared.
Send a message via MSN to Vet
[cTs] Corvette
Old 10-26-2008 , 13:44   Re: Bug after Steam Update?
Reply With Quote #4

Yes, we know that it all works fine for servers in the USA. The point is that it is not working fine for servers in Australia, and for whatever reason on servers in Australia DODX crashes on client connect and AMXModX reports no version and 0 plugins.

Is it possible that the Steam updates are different depending on the country you are in? If so, how would any such differences affect AMXModX?
Churchboy587
BANNED
Old 10-26-2008 , 13:47   Re: Bug after Steam Update?
Reply With Quote #5

Complain to steam...
[cTs] Corvette
Old 10-26-2008 , 14:01   Re: Bug after Steam Update?
Reply With Quote #6

His server works fine without AMXModX, so complaining to Valve would do no good.
L33t_Of_Lag
Old 10-26-2008 , 15:45   Re: Bug after Steam Update?
Reply With Quote #7

Well since it is the dodx module doing it, i think we in the right place.
Servers run perfectly without amx.

L33t_Of_Lag
Old 10-27-2008 , 20:44   Re: Bug after Steam Update?
Reply With Quote #8

I have sorted the issue, thanks for all your help anyways. All dod servers running perfectly with amx and ALL plugins work.

Except one thing, the map changing. same issue for dod as for cs.