Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Old Simple Team Balancer

Post New Thread Reply   

DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 09-13-2008 , 04:06   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #21

I got switched today. If I have stb_convarcontrol 0 does that mean immunity wont work?

Antithasys
Old 09-13-2008 , 05:13   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalGoerge View Post
Ah. just some clarification.
stb_switchdelay, if you set that, it waits X seconds before switching a live guy, but if someone dies in the meantime, it will switch them instead of a living guy?
In it's current version it will switch that player after the switch delay, alive or dead. If he is dead when selected as the "switched player" it will switch him instantly. If he is alive it will switch him after the delay, regardless if he died in the mean time.

I will make it so it wont wait past his death to switch him, and if he is targeted and dies in the mean time, switch him them. It's not that big of a bug, but is a better way to handle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontWannaName View Post
I got switched today. If I have stb_convarcontrol 0 does that mean immunity wont work?
No. That only controls the built-in cvars and allows the plugin to disable the built-in autoblancer and set the setting of mp_team_unbalance_limit, which is the amount of players the game lets people be unbalanced by when joining a team. This should be set to the same as the autobalancer as it could cause a autobalance when someone joins a team from connecting.

But if you do set stb_convarcontrol 0 and still have mp_autoteambalance 1, then it is possible to have the built-in autobalancer balance you and not this plugin. And as everyone knows, the builtin one doesn't check for admins.

I have tested the immunity code and it should be ok. I got some help in doing it this way from others on the forum. I will double check to make sure it is working as intended.
Thermopyle
Old 09-13-2008 , 09:48   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithasys View Post
Built-in map configs were broken by valve some time ago.
Just an FYI: built-in map configs are working. I use them for half of our maps.
xYx
Old 09-13-2008 , 10:37   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #24

Tested last night. This plugin works 100 ties better than the stock balancer! Hats off to you sir!
flubber
Old 09-13-2008 , 11:35   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #25

Problem : People can join a team and make them unbalance (13vs11).
BrutalGoerge
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-13-2008 , 12:18   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by flubber View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot I wanted to talk about that.
There is nothing that prevents someone from rejoining a team once they're swapped, then it switches someone else.

Blocking people from that I think would make this plugin complete for me.
Veteran Member
Old 09-13-2008 , 15:27   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #27

Ok I changed it to 1, I did have that in my config.

Antithasys
Old 09-13-2008 , 16:09   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by flubber View Post
This is where stb_convarcontrol 1 comes into play. It will allow this plugin to control the built-in cvars and allows the plugin to disable the built-in autoblancer and set the setting of mp_team_unbalance_limit, which is the amount of players the game lets people be unbalanced by when joining a team. This should be set to the same as the autobalancer as it could cause a autobalance when someone joins a team from connecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalGoerge View Post
Blocking people from that I think would make this plugin complete for me.
There is two different situations I think that you are talking about here. One is mentioned above. If you have disabled the convarcontol and have a different setting for mp_team_unbalance_limit then it is possible for the teams to be unbalanced right when someone joins a team. If you allow the plugin to control this, it will prevent it from happening.

On the subject of forcing a player to "accept" his balance there is one method that is already implemented and other I will add. The one that is already present is simply making sure the plugin controls the mp_team_unbalance_limit.

I will run thru a secenario of how this works.
  • stb_unbalancelimit 2
  • stb_convarcontrol 1
  • Teams are currently 12r v 11b
  • Someone joins the game. This person can is allowed to join either team because the unbalance limit is 2. They join red. Teams 13r v 11b
  • This does NOT cause a autobalance. They have to be unbalanced by more than the limit, not the limit. It is not >=, just >. This allows you to set it to 1 and not have it balance every second.
  • Ok, so someone on blue quits. Teams are 13r v 10b and the autobalancer kicks in.
  • Player "bob" is picked on the red team and switched. Teams 12r v 11b
  • Player "bob" doesn't like the blue team and tried to join the red team again, but finds the door blocked because him switching would cause an unbalance of 3, and since we let the plugin control the built-in cvar mp_team_unbalance_limit, the game's built-in functions will not allow the player to switch. (If this is not the case please let me know, but I am pretty sure it is.)
  • Someone joins the game and joins blue. Teams 12r v 12b
  • Player "bob" switches teams. Teams 13r v 11b
That is how it currently works. The change team event is fired after the game actually switches you, and doesn't actually control the switching of the player. Therefore, I can't block this from happening (as far as I know). I can use the built-in cvars to help control the teams as I described above.

If requested, I could add a switchback cvar that will force the player to remain on the balanced team for a period of time. But the force would be done by switching him back instantly, and not blocking it.

Last edited by Antithasys; 09-13-2008 at 16:29.
Antithasys
Old 09-13-2008 , 17:11   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Added convar to force the player to remain on the balanced team
Fixed error when selected players could die and still have to wait the delay time to be switched

Last edited by Antithasys; 09-13-2008 at 19:25.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 09-13-2008 , 17:42   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #30

Now are a flagged clients immune to that?