Post New Thread Reply   

stupok
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2008 , 08:41   Re: In-Game Advertisement System v1.71 - 6/22/08
Reply With Quote #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupok69 View Post
Commands
+place_ad - hold down to place an ad flush with a wall.
iga_closer - move the ad closer to you.
iga_farther - move the ad away from you.
iga_further - move the ad away from you.
delete_ad - delete ads. This command will show a menu with all ads on the map.
If you want to delete an ad only for one round, that's not possible with my plugin.
Old 07-13-2008 , 14:46   Re: In-Game Advertisement System v1.71 - 6/22/08
Reply With Quote #252

Do you plain to implement my suggestion ?

May be let all in one plugin, but register playerprethink only when the menu is opened.

- my plugins -
stupok
Veteran Member
Old 07-13-2008 , 16:14   Re: In-Game Advertisement System v1.71 - 6/22/08
Reply With Quote #253

I'd rather keep it as one plugin. If you could help with the prethink, that'd be nice.
Old 08-06-2008 , 10:12   Re: In-Game Advertisement System v1.71 - 6/22/08
Reply With Quote #254

lool cool
http://img360.**************/my.php?i...stutrussd3.jpg
eViL-x1
Old 09-21-2008 , 15:44   Re: In-Game Advertisement System v1.71 - 6/22/08
Reply With Quote #255

Hey Everyone..

I'm having a problem with the Sprite NOT staying in its position ....it tends to move with the position of player..

I made the Sprites - Edited the 8th bit to 03

and still same problem....-.-

Can someone help?
morismoris
Old 11-09-2008 , 10:59   Re: In-Game Advertisement System v1.71 - 6/22/08
Reply With Quote #256

If which software I need to change the picture for spr
stupok
Veteran Member
Old 11-09-2008 , 11:30   Re: In-Game Advertisement System v1.71 - 6/22/08
Reply With Quote #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupok View Post
How to make a sprite or model with your logo/advertisement
Model:
  • To change the texture of a model, you can use Jed's Half-Life Model Viewer.
    Detail:
    1. Open the model, select the "Texture" tab, choose the correct texture file from the list-box, select "Export".
    2. Use an image editor to change the texture. Remember, your final product will not have exactly the same colors as you want, because of the texture's original index of colors. Save the file.
    3. Open the model, select the "Texture" tab, choose the correct texture file from the list-box, select "Import", select "Save Model".
Sprite:
  • Convert a bitmap to a sprite.
    Detail:
    1. Make a .bmp file, preferably with width and length that are multiples of 8. Remember, the width * height must not exceed 10752.
    1. Make a .bmp file, with whatever dimensions you want! Sprite Explorer gave me warnings with oddly sized sprites but they work just fine.
    If the width * height of the sprite exceeds 10752, or if the width or height of the sprite is not a multiple of 8, you may encounter the error below:
    Fatal Error GL_Upload16: s&3
    To resolve the problem, recreate the sprite and try again. There is no definite solution that I am aware of.
    2. You must save the .bmp in Indexed Mode, NOT RGB Mode. RGB will work, but the sprite will have odd colors.
    3. Open a sprite creator like Sprite Explorer. Select "File>New Sprite", add your .bmp file(s), and save your sprite. To make an animated sprite just add all the frames during this step.
  • To fix a sprite and make it stop rotating, you can use a free hex editor.
    Detail:
    I use Free Hex Editor by HHD Software.
    1. Open the .spr file with the hex editor of your choice.
    2. Change the 8th byte (0,1,2,3, ...) from 02 to 03.
    3. Save the .spr file.

Apparently, it's absurdly difficult to operate Free Hex Editor, so I have to include a picture for you "visual" learners.

You can also use a program suggested by |PnC| green to fix your sprites: http://www.porkncheese.com/stuff/sprites/spritefixer/
krededk99
Old 11-10-2008 , 05:16   Re: In-Game Advertisement System v1.71 - 6/22/08
Reply With Quote #258

Installation was easy.

Using a (indexed .bmp) sprite + hex editor for no rotation. No problem, except for a single server crash while placing the sprite on a wall).

After placing my .spr on the map ScoutzKnivez, me and another admin noticed a big problem with the plugin. For some reason, knifes and scouts wont hit/register properly. You can shoot straight through peoples heads. Knife also seems odd. Sometimes when your standing as close to an enemy as possible, nothing happends when you knife. Also walls and pretty much everything on the map cant be 'knifed' (no knife sound when you knife walls etc.).

The plugin "Grab+" also has trouble grabbing people when this plugin is active. It just seems nothing will register properly.

Disabling/removing the plugin = everythings works fine again and are back to normal.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

I tried using this one: http://forums.space-headed.net/viewtopic.php?t=105 , and there was zero problems with it. But it seems it doesnt support more than 1 sprite. server crashes as soon as you add a second sprite to the precach file.

So I really want this plugin.. Any help would be appreciatet.

(Running amxx 1.8.x with allmost all modules enabled on a Linux www.gameservers.com server)

Last edited by krededk99; 11-10-2008 at 11:41.
stupok
Veteran Member
Old 11-10-2008 , 17:16   Re: In-Game Advertisement System v1.71 - 6/22/08
Reply With Quote #259

1. Do you have any logs of the server crash?
  2. Is the sprite appropriately sized? An error may occur when you try to connect to a server with such a sprite. Sometimes it doesn't occur, I can't pinpoint why. (width * height <= 10752, width and length must be multiples of 8)
  3. What do you mean by "wont hit/register properly" and "Knife also seems odd."?
  4. What do you mean when you say " "Grab+" also has trouble grabbing people when this plugin is active"? Are you placing an ad at the same time as grabbing? Are you placing an ad before grabbing someone? After? Is more than one person trying to place an ad at the same time?

I believe you when you say you have problems, but I need more information. Show the output of "amxx plugins" and "meta list".

Here's the problem: I tested the plugin just a few minutes ago to check if I can reproduce any of your problems, and I can't. I tried de_dust, scoutzknivez and other maps. I could place ads with no problem in all maps. I could also knife walls and hear the knife sound on all maps before and after placing ads. I could also kill players and be killed on all maps, before and after placing ads. I downloaded Grab+ and tested if that stops working after I place ads or before I place ads, and it works with no problems as far as I can tell. I did not test whether or not placing an ad at the same time as grabbing a player causes any problems, but I don't see why it would be a problem.
krededk99
Old 11-12-2008 , 13:27   Re: In-Game Advertisement System v1.71 - 6/22/08
Reply With Quote #260

1: No since it was only once.
2: Yes its perfectly sized (multi of 8 etc)
3: It was not a constant thing. It happend sometimes, suddenly nobody could hit anything, players.. walls. At the same time, +grab diddnt really work properly. If you tried grabbing someone, you had to stand at very close range. At longer ranges you simply couldent grab anyone or anything with this plugin running. Im not placing a add at the same time as grabbing or anything (would be a weird thing to do).

I've never experienced anything like it before installing your plugin.

This is why i think its your plugin or something relatet to it, thats creating this problem:

Turning it off = no problems, everything back to normal.

Turning it on = The above described starts again.

This might be just my server doing it. I'm sorry i diddnt provide the output of amxx plugins and meta list, but i'm not sure how to do this. Thank you for your help anyways, on testing my problems.

--

I'll try and disable all other plugins on the server this time. What i hate about the other place-add plugin, is that you cant get sprites to fit perfectly on walls, like yours can.

Last edited by krededk99; 11-12-2008 at 13:31.