[TF2] Respawn System

Post New Thread Reply   

WoZeR
Donor
Old 05-06-2008 , 18:04   Re: TF2 Respawn System
Reply With Quote #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyski View Post
could you attach the .smx file for those of us that do not know how to compile against sm 1.0.1?
Updated on front of post.
easyski
Old 05-06-2008 , 22:13   Re: TF2 Respawn System
Reply With Quote #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZeR View Post
Updated on front of post.

thanks!
COSMO KRAMER
Old 05-22-2008 , 16:08   Re: TF2 Respawn System
Reply With Quote #83

Can you add a feature for admin immunity so they instantly respawn and bypass all timers?
WoZeR
Donor
Old 05-22-2008 , 16:30   Re: TF2 Respawn System
Reply With Quote #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by COSMO KRAMER View Post
Can you add a feature for admin immunity so they instantly respawn and bypass all timers?
It would require a good bit of code to add that. I wonder if it would be better to have a separate plugin that you can just run a console command to force spawn a player.

I probably won't add that ability to the plugin because it is turning a team balancing spawn timer to an admin cheating mechanism.
boykevin
Old 05-23-2008 , 18:51   Re: TF2 Respawn System
Reply With Quote #85

would changinge the
Code:
CreateConVar("sm_respawn_time_red", "10.0",
with
Code:
CreateConVar("sm_respawn_time_red", "8.0",
make it so we respawn in 8 seconds because everytime we reboot we always have to change
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-23-2008 , 19:01   Re: TF2 Respawn System
Reply With Quote #86

Just add "sm_respawn_time_red 8" in your server.cfg.
WoZeR
Donor
Old 05-24-2008 , 14:02   Re: TF2 Respawn System
Reply With Quote #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by boykevin View Post
would changinge the
Code:
CreateConVar("sm_respawn_time_red", "10.0",
with
Code:
CreateConVar("sm_respawn_time_red", "8.0",
make it so we respawn in 8 seconds because everytime we reboot we always have to change
Do what bl4nk said and also take the time to read the front page where you can download this plugin. It contains answers to all your questions about configuring the plugin.

Best method of configuring the plugin:
Configure the default settings you wish to have on your server by placing the 3 cvars in your server.cfg with your defined default settings.

Here comes the best part of the plugin. In your \orangebox\tf\cfg\ directory create a cfg file that is the same name as your map. Here you can now place the 3 cvars there to control specific spawn times for each map. For an example:
cp_dusbowl.cfg
sm_respawn_time_enabled = 1
sm_respawn_time_blue = 3.0 //Attackers
sm_respawn_time_red = 8.0 //Defenders

The red team now spawns in 8 seconds while the attacking blue team spawns in 3 seconds.
COSMO KRAMER
Old 05-25-2008 , 13:44   Re: TF2 Respawn System
Reply With Quote #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZeR View Post
It would require a good bit of code to add that. I wonder if it would be better to have a separate plugin that you can just run a console command to force spawn a player.

I probably won't add that ability to the plugin because it is turning a team balancing spawn timer to an admin cheating mechanism.
I'm not trying to use this as an admin cheating mechanism...I'm going to be using this for special individuals in our servers who subscribe as a "perk" to lower the spawn limit for a few seconds. This has nothing to do with cheating or trying to take advantage of the game. Sorry for that misunderstanding. As for previous posts, I am unsure as to what those accomplish. I am specificly looking for a single individual to instantly respawn, not a whole team.

Last edited by COSMO KRAMER; 05-25-2008 at 13:46.
abnvet
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-26-2008 , 16:31   Re: TF2: Respawn System
Reply With Quote #89

Hi there Great plugin,

I have this running on two servers one is 24/7 2fort and it is working beautfully, the other is on 24/7 pl_goldrush it however does not seem to effect respawn time all the time, if I say chaged the settings in the cfg and then exec the server.cfg it appears as if it changes it for a short period of time and then goes back to normal. I have it set at 0.0 and it is not instant at at actually more like between 15-21 seconds. Any help on this matter?
blissend
Old 05-28-2008 , 16:54   Re: TF2: Respawn System
Reply With Quote #90

I would love to get this plugin working but can't seem to get any luck. I'm using the latest sourcemod release (2166) but it fails to compile on that version. It compiles on the latest snapshot of 1.0.2.

The issue is when I set it to be 0.0 its truly instant spawn (no kill cam). I suppose thats not a bad thing but when I set it to 10.0 seconds it starts counting down properly but stops short and everyone spawns as if mp_disable_respawn_times 1 was set. If I raise it to 20.0 it still shows countdown sometimes but acts like mp_disable_respawn_times 1.

I hope that made sense and wonder if this version is supposed to work with 2166?