Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Save file on client side

Post New Thread Reply   

Softy
Old 03-08-2008 , 09:31   Save file on client side
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, sorry for my English, i´m from Slovakia. I have problem. I want create a plugin that should create on client side a file, in that file must be written a client name and he group. like this :
Quote:
-Fantomas--Awp-
or another group:
Quote:
-Darkan--Camper-
. When player called Fantomas join to server , server write hud messeage
Quote:
Fantomas is AWP killer
when Darkan join to server , hud messeage will be
Quote:
Darkan is CAMP killer
. File called
Quote:
pg.cfg
must be save in another directory like \cstrike. I want to save it in C:/Program Files , but some people dont have counter strike installed in Program Files dir. or another option - save it in a lot of dir.´s e.g. ...\cstrike\gfx\shell. Admin will be change group of player while playing. Can you help me? Plz I will be thankfull. and +karma all
Jheshka
Old 03-08-2008 , 09:57   Re: Save file on client side
Reply With Quote #2

You don't have permissions to read user's configuration files. You can only check their cvars, which doesn't help here.
Old 03-08-2008 , 10:15   Re: Save file on client side
Reply With Quote #3

File can be called pg.txt or another extension. I like do it so hard for client to find and delete right file of this plugin. *.txt file client open very easily and he see what is write them. I found some topic about save XP in superhero mode, that XP is saved on client HDD in some file. But i lost that topic and can´t find it again i search on this forum but i understand lot of topics.
sawce
The null pointer exception error and virtual machine bug
Old 03-08-2008 , 11:36   Re: Save file on client side
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softy View Post
I found some topic about save XP in superhero mode, that XP is saved on client HDD in some file
It's saved on the server.

What you describe is not possible.
Old 03-08-2008 , 11:46   Re: Save file on client side
Reply With Quote #5

and download file on server to client? in server this file will be generated and send it to client...
MattOG
Old 03-08-2008 , 12:24   Re: Save file on client side
Reply With Quote #6

Why do you need the file to be on the client side? Is there a specific reason, because making a plugin which can log the details you want and keep them in a file server side, is easy. Not only is this more secure, but it's also possible to do.

+Karma If I helped
Softy
Old 03-08-2008 , 13:11   Re: Save file on client side
Reply With Quote #7

This plugin is for community steam and non steam servers (gaming portal), i must find a method to isolate group of players like skill, campers , kids, etc... But saved it on IP isnt posibble, because is dynamic, save it on Steam ID is possible only on steam servers, save on name isnt good idea , name will be changed easily and often. Because the group called campers and spammers etc.. will be on server slapped frequently in order to learn better strategy (camp) or dont spamm, swear, the player in this group will they looking for stop this (rename, change the IP on NS server). But when they have this file in directory which nobody dont know (most people dont know how´s plugins work) the way is only reinstal the cs. any idea is put file in system dir, reinstall cs won´t help.
[X]-RayCat
Old 03-08-2008 , 14:12   Re: Save file on client side
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softy View Post
This plugin is for community steam and non steam servers (gaming portal), i must find a method to isolate group of players like skill, campers , kids, etc... But saved it on IP isnt posibble, because is dynamic, save it on Steam ID is possible only on steam servers, save on name isnt good idea , name will be changed easily and often. Because the group called campers and spammers etc.. will be on server slapped frequently in order to learn better strategy (camp) or dont spamm, swear, the player in this group will they looking for stop this (rename, change the IP on NS server). But when they have this file in directory which nobody dont know (most people dont know how´s plugins work) the way is only reinstal the cs. any idea is put file in system dir, reinstall cs won´t help.
Well this 'community' does not support nosteam.
Old 03-08-2008, 17:30
fxfighter
This message has been deleted by fxfighter.
Jheshka
Old 03-08-2008 , 20:39   Re: Save file on client side
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawce View Post
It's saved on the server.

What you describe is not possible.

You could've just quoted me....
Old 03-09-2008 , 11:43   Re: Save file on client side
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jheshka View Post
You don't have permissions to read user's configuration files. You can only check their cvars, which doesn't help here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [X]-RayCat View Post
Well this 'community' does not support nosteam.

+Karma If I helped