Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Ok, Starting to learn how to script and Have a few questions

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

dekken
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2008 , 16:44   Re: Ok, Starting to learn how to script and Have a few questions

wtf i did allmost the same like you did but just with other names!
Thanks iam gonna check what was wrong from first place and check how your code works.

edit:
Ok It works Fine!
now i understand it Thank you very MUCH!
but whats the Default moving speed? 250 or 240? O_o

Last question for today:

How do i make Ppls have sv_stepsize 999 When writing /stepsize
Or any other sv_thingy...

Last edited by dekken; 03-04-2008 at 16:55.
MattOG
Old 03-04-2008 , 16:59   Re: Ok, Starting to learn how to script and Have a few questions

one thing...

I have basically fallen victim to starting off the way you did things and following it through without much thought. My bad.

Setting speed like this is not advised, in fact it down right doesn't work, due to the speed being reset on round start and weapon change. (Try it, turn on the speed, then switch weapon). I've seen it done in client_prethink before, not sure if this is the best way, as it gets processed a lot.

+Karma If I helped
dekken
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2008 , 17:05   Re: Ok, Starting to learn how to script and Have a few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOG View Post
one thing...

I have basically fallen victim to starting off the way you did things and following it through without much thought. My bad.

Setting speed like this is not advised, in fact it down right doesn't work, due to the speed being reset on round start and weapon change. (Try it, turn on the speed, then switch weapon). I've seen it done in client_prethink before, not sure if this is the best way, as it gets processed a lot.
Iam going to fix the Weapon change with CurWeapon
and To have the speed every round i think with HudReset or something?
i read about it somewhere...
Am i right? =\
Old 03-04-2008 , 17:07   Re: Ok, Starting to learn how to script and Have a few questions

If it's the reset HUD that causes the speed to be reset too then yes, if it's specifically a new round, and not the hud reset, then it's better to catch the new round using the method here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=42159

::EDIT::
Just tested and doing fullupdate in console (which causes the resethud) doesn't stop the speed, so i'm guessing it's done on a new round.... use the method on the link.

afaik there isn't a way to set a server command per player like that. A few things have been done in the fun module (gravity/speed etc..) but if they're not in there, i don't know a way to set them per player.

+Karma If I helped

Last edited by MattOG; 03-04-2008 at 17:12.
Lee
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-04-2008 , 17:10   Re: Ok, Starting to learn how to script and Have a few questions

As I said, everyone but _Master_ claims its impossible (since the player has already left when client_disconnect() is called). I'm keen to see if he produces what he claims, but I don't have a pressing need to PM him requesting that he does so at this time.
MattOG
Old 03-04-2008 , 17:15   Re: Ok, Starting to learn how to script and Have a few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
As I said, everyone but _Master_ claims its impossible (since the player has already left when client_disconnect() is called). I'm keen to see if he produces what he claims, but I don't have a pressing need to PM him requesting that he does so at this time.
ahh that's where I got lost it seems. I read somewhere it was called "just before" a client disconnects, which led me to believe that there may still be time...

+Karma If I helped
dekken
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2008 , 19:54   Re: Ok, Starting to learn how to script and Have a few questions

Whats the usage of CurWeapon and ResetHud?
could you make little script that is using both of them?
Thanks

Woah i never knew you could do:

PHP Code:
         if(cs_get_user_team(id) == CS_TEAM_XXX)
        {

Code Here

}
else
{
Code

Veteran Member
Old 03-05-2008 , 13:52   Re: Ok, Starting to learn how to script and Have a few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekken View Post
Whats the usage of CurWeapon and ResetHud?
could you make little script that is using both of them?
Thanks
[/php]
Veteran Member
Old 03-05-2008 , 21:11   Re: Ok, Starting to learn how to script and Have a few questions

Blah nvm
i give up trying to get help in here
ill just keep reading and w/e...
Thanks

(DONT REPLY)