0% 

AMX Mod X better than AMX Mod Original?

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

DoubleTap
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2004 , 10:14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure
It makes sense for people to go ahead and jump to amxx now. The more people are willing to test it out, the quicker we find out about any possible bugs. (However I haven't seen any thing yet)
Color me curious, I am waiting on a couple more plugins before changing over to my already working but not being used AMXX config... But if Mod X is working so well for you (And I see your one of the few others here with an active server, so I am listening)... Why are ya running SM ?

I'd also like to know if you run custom maps too... I see the standards but they dont have issues like custom maps, which I run many of... I really want to see if anyone runs alot of stuff with an active server that I can get real info from.

Vic/DT
Old 03-28-2004 , 11:51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTap
Quote:
Originally Posted by azure
It makes sense for people to go ahead and jump to amxx now. The more people are willing to test it out, the quicker we find out about any possible bugs. (However I haven't seen any thing yet)
Color me curious, I am waiting on a couple more plugins before changing over to my already working but not being used AMXX config... But if Mod X is working so well for you (And I see your one of the few others here with an active server, so I am listening)... Why are ya running SM ?

I'd also like to know if you run custom maps too... I see the standards but they dont have issues like custom maps, which I run many of... I really want to see if anyone runs alot of stuff with an active server that I can get real info from.

Vic/DT
DT, I have two servers now running AMXX (soon to be all . One is a custom map server (over 400 maps) with the same plugins that I ran before (only took about 30 minutes to convert over):

Deag's Map Manager (latest version)
AmxBans
Roll the Dice
Weapon vote\restrict (knife only, pistols, etc)
Mute
General Admins stuff (noclip, godmod)
ATAC
AFK Slayer
Spawn Protection (5 seconds)
Custom Map Configs
High Ping Kicker

Again, most plugins are very easy to convert and this thing runs solid from what I can tell (i've been using AMX from about 0.9.6 on). Our custom map server is packed near 24/7 and it has yet to crash or malfunction in any way.

VxD
DoubleTap
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2004 , 12:03  

Outstanding, thanks for the feedback... I have tested several things and coverted some on my own as well too...

My rules/binds plugins
Deags map changer
Gasnades
Rocket
Custom Maps Config (I posted my port but cannot code and just updated the paths and .inc, it wont be approved until JGHG or someone uses the set path stuff)
Psrank
Gore

I couldn't get the swear filter or slay2 working but I haven't really tested hard yet. What version of "Dice" did you get working... If it's Lud's I will add that as well as ATAC on my next test

Vic/DT

Are you running StatsMe instead of CSStats ? Problems with it or preference ?
Old 03-28-2004 , 12:09  

Yeah, I use luds version of dice. It uses a couple of the old paths for AMX, but isn't difficult to convert. I can email the sma if you would like. All I modified is the paths of where the output files it generates are stored so they are now placed in the config folder. Same with ATAC.

It's funny you mention a swear filter. I've never used one in the past, but have been meaning to do so. I don't think there would be anything that should be too difficult about converting one over though.

I've always used just the regular CSStats, which are a bit more colorful now I don't need to complicated of a stats plugin, especially on a custom map server. On my standard maps server, we run the 2.0 version of psychostats and CSStats

Phil
dallascs.com
DoubleTap
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2004 , 12:13  

The swear filter posted here is actually too powerful for my tastes, but if I can tweak it down I will use it... seems to me it is doing too many things (Name check, swear check, renaming folks etc).

Please send me that .sma, your works and will make it less chancy I miss a path Why not post it up since nobody has yet that I recall ? I may take the swear filter I use now for WC3 (It takes XP if available or money if not)... I don't know if I have that .sma, I may have to go to AMX forums again...

Vic/DT
Old 03-28-2004 , 12:17  

Luds roll the dice
Attached Files
File Type: zip amx_rollthedice.zip (9.1 KB, 176 views)
VxD
Old 03-28-2004 , 12:19  

ATAC. Please note that you need the config files, which I path'd to this location:

addons/amxx/configs/atac/atac.cfg
addons/amxx/configs/atac/atac.cor
Attached Files
File Type: zip amx_atac.zip (15.5 KB, 95 views)
azure
Old 03-28-2004 , 12:52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTap
Why are ya running SM ?

I'd also like to know if you run custom maps too... I see the standards but they dont have issues like custom maps, which I run many of...
Vic/DT
We are only running SM to generate the extra log info for Psychostats. (this way psychostats can track accuracy and headshots etc.) We don't actually use it for on server rankings or any of the events announcements. I have all that disabled.
As for custom maps, we run fy_snow, some of the awp maps, and an AS_map or two. One map that did crash us was de_Celtic, but I am pretty sure we tried that map before going over to amxx with the same results. I have run most of them with no problems. Sounds like VxD filled you in pretty well on that issue anyway.

VxD, did you have to do any special editing to the custom maps plugin? I need to set that one up. I was thinking of doing it tonight.
our CS:Source server : 66.150.107.6:27015
IRC on Gamesurge @ #NHCS
DoubleTap
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2004 , 13:01  

I use PS2.01 with CSStats without a problem as far as I know for the accuracy stuff it works fine...

http://counterstrike.twazz.net/modul...page=plr&id=94

Mirrored still in PS1 with similar success:

http://www.twazz.org/stats/player_MzIzMzg.html

I ported the Custom Maps Configs in the plugins thread... it's not official because I hard coded the paths but it works just like for AMX.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=594

I am so waiting to test my latest AMXX additions, but I dont want to restart the server with folks playing... I have added a bunh of plugins I need to test more

Vic/DT
Old 03-28-2004 , 13:14  

Yea I haven't bothered with psycho 2.0 yet. I spent a lot of time customizing everything to my liking in 1.9 and I am quite satisfied with it for now. But curiosity will get the best of me sooner or later.

Maybe I will experiment with CS stats soon.

I will download the map configs plugin, thanks for the info.
our CS:Source server : 66.150.107.6:27015
IRC on Gamesurge @ #NHCS
Closed Thread