Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

CSDM with YaPB.

Post New Thread Reply   

RR99i
Old 10-30-2007 , 01:36   CSDM with YaPB.
Reply With Quote #1

Hi KWo or anyone that can help,

I'm needed step-by-step help with getting Yet Another POD-Bot (YaPB), to work with CSDM. I've finally got YaPB working with my Steam Dedicated Server. I'm now needing to know, how to have both YaPB and CSDM working with my server. There will be times I don't want Deathmatch going on. So I want to make sure that I can turn off CSDM, when needed.

RR
Send a message via AIM to RR99i
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 11-01-2007 , 15:36   Re: CSDM with YaPB.
Reply With Quote #2

I'm not sure what is Your main problem. I believe You know how to install YapB (since You 've got it working on Your server) and I also believe You have been reading this procedure how to install CSDM. YapB is a metamod's plugin, CSDM is an addon to another metamod's plugin - to AMX MOD X. All You need is - You have to install YapB first, then install AMX MOD X 1.76c or higher with CS addon pack, then You need to install CSDM.
Another problem is - You want to disable sometimes CSDM. The original CSDM 2.1 seems to have some troubles with it due to its design (the developers wanted it the easiest and the most optimized way working - so it needed to reduce some functionality it could have). 2.1i beta version I posted is more flexible with "in-game" changes - so You will be able to change the state of CSDM and it will be rememebered as long You want.
RR99i
Old 11-01-2007 , 21:47   Re: CSDM with YaPB.
Reply With Quote #3

Hi KWo,

I've got both AMX MOD X 1.8.0 and CSDM 2.1 in the "addons" folder for my listen server and dedicated server. I'm testing it out on my listen server. When selecting a map from the game, it crashes to desktop. I'm trying to figure out how to get YaPB, AMX MOD X, and CSDM, to work together. That was my worry, trying to figure that out. I made sure CSDM was enabled. I've never new to AMX MOD X, never used it before. As for "Launch Options" of Counter-Strike. Not sure if I need to put something in there for all three to work. Sorry if this sounds confusing. There must be a few steps I'm missing, to get all working. I just want to make sure this works for both Listen server and Dedicated server.

EDIT: I got the crashing gone from Counter-Strike. But the rest is help needed.

Last edited by RR99i; 11-01-2007 at 22:02.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 11-02-2007 , 05:19   Re: CSDM with YaPB.
Reply With Quote #4

1. Rename Your addons folder to addons_old (to have the backup of it).
2. Get from my signature All-In-One package. Unzip the whole contest of it into main cstrike folder. Let overwrite all Your files.
3. Go to addons\amxmodx\configs\csdm.cfg file and enable CSDM there (it's disabled by default).
4. Start the game.

The All-In-One package contains metamod, podbot mm, amxmodx and CSDM beta.
If the game is starting for You with podbot mm and CSDM - You can try to replace podbot mm by Yapb (if You really need it). To do this You need to go to Your addons_old folder and copy all yapb folder into the new addons folder (created by All-In-One). Then You need to look in addons_old\metamod\plugins.ini what does yapb need to be loaded and put the same into addons\metamod\plugins.ini.
You are done.
RR99i
Old 11-03-2007 , 02:09   Re: CSDM with YaPB.
Reply With Quote #5

Thanks so much KWo! Everything is up and running. Now, I'm very new to CSDM. I've been checking out csdm.cfg. Trying to find any option for a kill limit for a team, before the next round or map. As of right now, it's team deathmatch with the bots. I read that CSDM can be config for Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch. We can start getting me use to understanding CSDM. I just wanted to try out a deathmatch mod, mostly from a server I saw using it.