Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

RESTORED!: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)

Post New Thread Reply   

M249-M4A1
I <3 Mac
Old 10-25-2007 , 17:51   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl & MySQL space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
I'm glad some people are appreciative of what I am offering. In lieu of Halloween, I will be offering a wonderful treat, free MySQL databases now as well as free space! Just follow basic format/instructions in my first post as to obtaining it. The reason I won't make anything "automatic" signup is because of abuse...

Please do let me know how things are working and I will tell you this now, the speeds are great as the server is hosted in the infamous "One Wilshire Blvd" in Los Angeles. Also, the MySQL db should be fast enough for any server unless the server is too far away and too much data is being accessed per second.

Slmclarengt
I haven't requested any of the service you offered here, but good job helping these people out! +K
Old 10-26-2007 , 05:51   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl & MySQL space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #42

What a nice service you offer man, i would like to ask you if i can get some space too!. Ive sended a PM. Great work
lijpe frits
Old 10-27-2007 , 06:08   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl & MySQL space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #43

Thanks for the fast reply ! Now im gonna start uploading my custom maps. Again thanks for the space and I'll keep you informed !

UPDATE

I've uploaded all my custom maps/skins/sounds and it's working like a charm. Fast downloads without restrictions, like you said it. Also BZIP2 compression as linked below works great!

Last edited by lijpe frits; 10-27-2007 at 08:27.
lijpe frits
Old 10-27-2007 , 06:38   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl & MySQL space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #44

I want to let people know that they can use compression on their files, which reduced my custom map size from 350 mb to 139 mb. more info check BZIP official site http://www.bzip.org/ or check http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/ind...d=29&Itemid=25
Arion
Old 10-27-2007 , 13:27   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl & MySQL space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijpe frits View Post
I want to let people know that they can use compression on their files, which reduced my custom map size from 350 mb to 139 mb. more info check BZIP official site http://www.bzip.org/ or check http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/ind...d=29&Itemid=25

BZIP compression only works on CSS servers.. Am I right?
Donor
Old 10-27-2007 , 14:22   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl & MySQL space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
BZIP compression only works on CSS servers.. Am I right?
Its a compression format, any file can be compressed. How it pertains to CSS I don't know, maybe someone else can clarify that.
Arion
Old 10-27-2007 , 14:33   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl & MySQL space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewt View Post
Its a compression format, any file can be compressed. How it pertains to CSS I don't know, maybe someone else can clarify that.
I know it's a compression format.

I tried to use it on my 1.6 server, and clients doesn't search for the compressed files. I guess it works only with CSS, but a second opinion would be helpful
Old 10-27-2007 , 15:21   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl & MySQL space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #48

I really don't have a clue if its BZIP is for CSS only, I run a CSS server so I can't answer your question. Sorry!
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2007 , 16:06   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl & MySQL space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #49

Yes, BZIP compression is only compatible with the Source Engine, I believe it is compatible with other games besides CSS but don't quote me on that.

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
lijpe frits
Old 10-28-2007 , 04:58   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl & MySQL space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
SourceRSC
Redirect Server Checker for Source powered games. Supports Counter Strike Source, Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat Source, and HL2MP out of the box. Supports any Source Engine powered game or mod with minimal work.
A great program to check your server for any custom files, and automatically upload it to your redirect server.

Just wanted to inform you people about this!