Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Rune Mod Version 2.0

Post New Thread Reply   

xuvurex
Old 08-23-2004 , 22:03  
Reply With Quote #61

hi i love ur mod and i have it on my condition zero server but what is the most runes i can have on a server? I am currently playing with liek 28 ppl but not enough runes could u help me out plz and ty
Send a message via AIM to xuvurex Send a message via MSN to xuvurex
kaddar
Old 08-23-2004 , 22:19  
Reply With Quote #62

The most runes you can have on a server is 14, after enabling soul (sv_Soul "1")

Once players pick up runes, they can no longer be spawned until that player drops it. If you set sv_resetrunes to 1, then everyone will lose their runes each round, and so if maxrunes is at 14, totalrunes is 0, and resetrunes is 1, 14 runes should spawn each round, and everyone should lose their rune each round. Though reset runes isn't very fun, so I don't recommend it.

However, I do have plans for more runes, I don't know if I will get to them, if I made all of my theorhetical planned runes, there'd be around 31 total, so servers would rarely not spawn any runes.
xuvurex
Old 08-23-2004 , 22:55  
Reply With Quote #63

i think it would b a good idea for having for runes and a idea i hav isto hav like 14 runes on each team say i had 28 players each team should get the same runes
Meatwad
Old 08-23-2004 , 23:05  
Reply With Quote #64

This must have taken' you a long time to make. I gave it a 5 for effort.

If you like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, then paste this onto your forehead. (Laugh out loud.)

Admin Weapons II
kaddar
Old 08-23-2004 , 23:07  
Reply With Quote #65

Runes are unique items, there can never be repeats of the same rune for various reasons, I had decided at the beginning never to support allowing more than one of the same rune. Reasons:

A) Staying true to the original runes in q1ctf by making killing opponents to gain runes desirable, and so if someone has your favorite rune, the only way to get it is kill them
I mean, think about it, if your favorite rune is haste, what's the point in risking your life to kill the guy with haste if you can just go look for your own copy of haste?

B) Preventing myself from hogging away too much memory by declaring a lot of 33 sized arrays in order to allow each player to have an independant rune data.
C) Preventing logic errors. Like, if you have dismay, and I have dismay, and I damage you, it would damage me back, but it wouldn't damage you back for damaging me back, nor would I want it to for fear of this creating weird lag.
D) Preventing stupid gameplay -- if both teams had invisibility, it would suck. If one team got both haste runes, it would suck as well. If runes had a designated team that only they could pick up the runes for, then opponent's couldn't take their fallen friend's runes, and you'd have players camping on runes only the opponent can get.

I could probably add a generic rune that would be spawned to fill the maxrunes requirement, that gives generic boosts to strength and speed, but I won't, because it'd be more beneficial for me to just create a 2.0 version with more runes, which I am considering.
xuvurex
Old 08-23-2004 , 23:12  
Reply With Quote #66

ok kad that was a very good answer u gave me and never thought of it that way but i guess until u release v 2.0 i will just keep my server a 14 player rune jailbreak server on condition zero 24.81.82.174:27015

and anotehr thing is theer a way i can create my own kinda runes? but i dont think u would tell me since it is ur program and i gave it a 5 b/c i like it os much
kaddar
Old 08-23-2004 , 23:49  
Reply With Quote #67

I'd love for people to send me their own runes, though I'd frown upon someone publiclly releasing RuneModDX while I'm still working on RuneMod, there is not an easy way of adding your own, like superheros in superheros mod, but here is how to would go about creating them if you have any small experience:

A player has a rune if the following if statement is true:
if (hasobject[playersid] == RUNECONSTANTNAME)

Each rune has a global flag,
runeflag[RUNECONSTANTNAME]

Many runes have one task, some have two, which is the "rune loop". This task is id (33*RUNECONSTANTNAME+id+1000)

To send me a rune, make a text file or message me with bits of small programming, in a format as such:

//RUNENAME (use this as the Rune Constant Name if needed)
//RUNE DESCRIPTION

//EVENTS
//------------------------------------------------------------
//DAMAGE EVENT: (VICTIM, ATTACKER)
//DEATH EVENT: (VICTIM, ATTACKER)
//ETC...

//VARIABLES TO INITIALIZE WHEN PICKED UP

//RUNE'S MAIN TASK LOOP

So for example, here is vampirism

//RUNENAME
VAMPIRISM
//RUNE DESCRIPTION
Life Steal

//EVENTS
// DAMAGE EVENT: (VICTIM, ATTACKER)
//
Code:
        if(is_user_alive(attacker))         {             new temp_damage             temp_damage = floatround(float(get_user_health(attacker)) + (float(damage) * 0.5))             set_user_health(attacker,temp_damage)             if (get_user_health(attacker) > 150)                 set_user_health(attacker,150)         }

//None

//RUNE'S MAIN TASK LOOP
//None

Here's Invisibility

//RUNENAME
INVISIBILITY
//RUNE DESCRIPTION
Take the Knife out for invisibility

//EVENTS
//No events

Code:
invisorigin[0]=NULLLOC invisorigin[1]=NULLLOC invisorigin[2]=NULLLOC runeflag[INVISIBILITY]=0

//RUNE'S MAIN TASK LOOP
Code:
        if(hasobject[id[0]] == INVISIBILITY &&  is_user_alive(id[0]))     {         if (invisorigin[0] == NULLLOC && invisorigin[1] == NULLLOC && invisorigin[2] == NULLLOC)             get_user_origin (id[0],invisorigin)         else         {             new clip, ammo             new weapon_id = get_user_weapon(id[0],clip,ammo)             new origin[3]             get_user_origin (id[0],origin)             if (invisorigin[0] != origin[0] || invisorigin[1] != origin[1] || invisorigin[2] != origin[2] || weapon_id != 29)             {                 if(runeflag[INVISIBILITY] == 1)                 {                     client_print(id[0],print_chat,"You're no longer invisible!")                     set_user_rendering ( id[0],kRenderFxNone , 0,0,0,kRenderNormal,16)                     runeflag[INVISIBILITY]=0                 }             }             else             {                 if(runeflag[INVISIBILITY] == 0)                 {                     client_print(id[0],print_chat,"You're now invisible!")                     runeflag[INVISIBILITY] = 1                 }                 set_user_rendering ( id[0],kRenderFxNone , 0,0,0,kRenderTransTexture,0)             }             get_user_origin (id[0],invisorigin)         }     }     else     {         if(runeflag[INVISIBILITY] == 1)         {             client_print(id[0],print_chat,"You're no longer invisible!")             set_user_rendering ( id[0],kRenderFxNone , 0,0,0,kRenderNormal,16)             runeflag[INVISIBILITY]=0         }         remove_task(33*INVISIBILITY+id[0]+1000)     }     return PLUGIN_HANDLED

However, if you do make any runemod runes, the less interesting the rune, the less chance of me adding it. I'm not going to add any submitted runes that just boost speed of haste or just do "damage3x", you'll have to do that manually.

For a while I considered making a "custom rune", a single rune that had a bunch of different events and effects, one you'd name yourself and was easy to set up. For example, you'd have a bunch of effects, and events, and you'd set each event to do an effect. So an event would be "When a the rune holder damages another player" or "when a player has a knife out" and possible effects would be "that player gains life", "that player gains armor", "that player's team gains life", that player speeds up", "that player flies" etc... But I figured it might just not be worth it.
xuvurex
Old 08-24-2004 , 00:02  
Reply With Quote #68

well i noe i would definetly never figure out how 2 make my own but mayb i could give u liek ideas and u could amke them?
xuvurex
Old 08-24-2004 , 00:20  
Reply With Quote #69

I have just thought of a rune you could make: You could amke a rune that you can just liek hold down the shooting button and it just keeps shooting like infinate ammo
kaddar
Old 08-25-2004 , 03:08  
Reply With Quote #70

I have a rune similar to this coming in a future version, but it is not exactly as you've stated. Wait and see.

Two runes have already been programmed for version 2.0, there are 10 left.