3% 

Rune Mod Version 2.0

Post New Thread Reply   

sikkepitje
Old 08-15-2004 , 17:42  
Reply With Quote #51

I tried with almost all plugins off,
i have set sv_resetrunes 0

It sometimes randomly drops the rune, and then after that it says "ERROR: BAD RUNE" a couple of times.

And yes, I also get "ERROR : BAD RUNE" when I don't have one.

When i say playerrunes: it says:
Code:
/LLCPU2/Players and their runes:
Players and their runes:
Players and their runes:
Patrix - Resistance
Players and their runes:
Claption - Invisibility
It looks like this list is getting longer and longerwith every round.. through time. 30 minutes now and it says "Players.." 8 times.

Do you have any ideas?

this mod is currently running at "Gezelligheid kent geen tijd" CZ server @ 80.100.125.253:27015
Send a message via MSN to sikkepitje
sikkepitje
Old 08-15-2004 , 18:08  
Reply With Quote #52

When I supposed to be invisible , the bots see me!
kaddar
Old 08-15-2004 , 19:04  
Reply With Quote #53

Ok, so I was right then, the reason for all these errors are most likely caused by the values not zeroing when declared, I don't know what I can do about this, I guess I will try to get the best working compiler, I was hoping for .2 to be out by now so I could just use the updated web compiler.

Still, it doesn't happen on all servers, so there's still something on your end that may be causing this. You may just have to wait for amxx .20, for this mod to work with all your game settings.

Also, there's nothing I can do about bots seeing invisibility, that's bad programming on the part of the botmaker, not me. I don't have any access to bot's functions.
sikkepitje
Old 08-15-2004 , 19:08  
Reply With Quote #54

Hi Kaddar,

I changed this code (line 737)
Code:
		if (playerorigin[identy][0] +2 < origin[0] \
		|| playerorigin[identy][0] -2 > origin[0] \
		|| playerorigin[identy][1] +2 < origin[1] \
		&& playerorigin[identy][1] -2 > origin[1])
to

Code:
		if (playerorigin[identy][0] +2 < origin[0] \
		|| playerorigin[identy][0] -2 > origin[0] \
		|| playerorigin[identy][1] +2 < origin[1] \
		|| playerorigin[identy][1] -2 > origin[1])
It seemed the right thing . :-)

Also I added a line in function playerrunes() in line 1970 like this , to initalise the message local variable message to a zero string:
Code:
	message[0] = 0
That seems to prevent multiple lines "Players and their runes" in the playerrunes list.

It somehow seemed right to do that
kaddar
Old 08-16-2004 , 01:40  
Reply With Quote #55

yeah see, it doesn't zero them.

I don't know, if I can't get a better compiler (I hear 2.5.1 is nice) I suppose I'll just try and figure out a way to zero them, the problem is some of them are multidemensional arrays, thus they'd require "for" loops to zero.

And yeah, that's a good point with the &&, I've fixed that on the copy on my harddrive and I'll be making an update some time soon
kaddar
Old 08-16-2004 , 05:07  
Reply With Quote #56

ok, here's the 161 release, I found that most of my arrays are not multidimensional that need zeroing, so I zeroed them using the {0,...} method. Try it out, let me know if that, the vampire/shell cap, improved generation, and removed endround rune removal helps out.

Update: For the 3 of you who had 161, try 162. 161 had a bug where runes would spawn on the same place, and actually made the generator worse
a2vwvr6
Old 08-17-2004 , 01:21  
Reply With Quote #57

newest update crashes my server and even a forced reboot/restart fails. as soon as I commented the newest plugin out it fired up perfectly. I'll check my error logs and see if I can give some input on what caused it. On the up side it complied fine on the web compiler..........
kaddar
Old 08-17-2004 , 01:38  
Reply With Quote #58

I just gave it a test and experienced the same thing, I'll see if I can put together a fix in the next 20 minutes or so
kaddar
Old 08-17-2004 , 02:05  
Reply With Quote #59

ok, 167 is out, I tested it, and it works, it generates runes using a slightly better system, and is a recommended update if you were having problems prior with server data corruption.

Sorry about 162 by the way, I forgot to change one variable name from ct_base_id to t_base_id and it caused infinite loops
kaddar
Old 08-19-2004 , 04:12  
Reply With Quote #60

I added the french and dutch translations to the help page, just say help in game to find them. I also fixed the hunter rune death message.

If anyone is interested in making their own runes and knows enough small to make a phantom/seer complexity rune, feel free to pm me, I'll tell you the method you can go about formatting and sending me them, and if they are interesting, I will definately add them myself. It is fairly easy for me to add new runes, and they are fairly easy for you to make.

Also if you want to add runemod, but not 24/7, feel free to try using the cvar to create a vote, using these plugins:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=3605
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=1770

From their descriptions, it seems you'd be able to.