Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Replace knife in CS:S with HL2 Gravity Gun

Post New Thread Reply   

Damir
Old 05-20-2007 , 07:44   Replace knife in CS:S with HL2 Gravity Gun
Reply With Quote #1

How can I make a script in cs:s, that will give admins the HL2 Gravity gun that makes it possible to throw and lift boxes, basically the same foundation as in HL2. It should replace knife...

Any ideas on how I should script this?
el hippo
Old 05-20-2007 , 17:21   Re: Replace knife in CS:S with HL2 Gravity Gun
Reply With Quote #2

Setting cs:s gun models to something used in hl2 (such as the gravity gun) is not as easy as it sounds. I believe the player view model angles are different in cs:s which will cause guns to appear in weird places on the player body. You would have to recompile or manually readjust the physics and angles on the model.

The 'easiest' way to mimic the gravity gun, in my opinion, is to set velocities on an object by calculating how far it has to move to get to a certain point. This will require you to get the player's eyeangles along with using a traceline to find out what object they are grabbing. This may or may not be easy in the current version of SourceMod since the current version does not support calling of mod dependent vfuncs without the use of extensions.

If you just want to quickly get entity manipulation then look at my Entity Grabber plugin in the SourceMM plugins forum. Hopefully I won't get killed for advertising my plugin in the SourceMod forums.

Hippo
Old 07-02-2007 , 07:21   Re: Replace knife in CS:S with HL2 Gravity Gun
Reply With Quote #3

a quick question, could you not hook the files for the grav gun from the sdk and then force them to load, this would then allow you to use a recompiled grav gun model as a view model and then in theory give you the functionality of the gravgun, but there ain't many props to through around ingame
Kaleid
Old 07-02-2007 , 12:59   Re: Replace knife in CS:S with HL2 Gravity Gun
Reply With Quote #4

That depends on if Valve removed the gravity gun from the CS:S source code or not (which they probably did).
ferret
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-02-2007 , 13:25   Re: Replace knife in CS:S with HL2 Gravity Gun
Reply With Quote #5

The server will probably require turbophysics, if the gravgun is still in the code at all..
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2007 , 14:41   Re: Replace knife in CS:S with HL2 Gravity Gun
Reply With Quote #6

CS had a lot of the HL stuff left in because of the way the mod was made. CSS doesn't have things from HL2 (like NPC code and gravity gun code) left in.